Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

89Norcal

Will you stop talking about the goals, That's not a way to rate a player, You want to know how good is neymar, Open youtube and knock yourself out.

this. Last I checked, scouts didn't mull over stats before buying a player; they went to see him play live.

Anyone who watches Brazilian football knows what kind of pressure Neymar gets put under on the ball. You can say he's not playing against the best defenders in the world, but a swipe at your ankle is the same no matter what defender its coming from. He gets fouled at a pretty high rate. And no not because he dives :)

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Nope, Messi was already #2 year before (with current format of voting)

Why are you using the current system of voting when it wasn't in existence then? By that logic someone can say that Sneijder would have won 2010 Ballon D'Or if the system hadn't changed. We know your a Messi fanboy but please don't try and rewrite history in Messi's favour.

J

jiopi

Why are you using the current system of voting when it wasn't in existence then? By that logic someone can say that Sneijder would have won 2010 Ballon D'Or if the system hadn't changed. We know your a Messi fanboy but please don't try and rewrite history in Messi's favour.
Why wouldn't I because we are using the same for Neymar? And didn't you have me on ignore? :lol: Please but me on your ignore so I don't have to explain everytime the simplest things, to a simpleminded hater.

Daemul

Why wouldn't I because we are using the same for Neymar? And didn't you have me on ignore? :lol: Please but me on your ignore so I don't have to explain everytime the simplest things, to a hater.

Who is rewriting history in Neymar's favour? No one has done such a thing. Your the only one who has done so.

ShandyFFM

a player so young and with such a class in our footballsystem will adept in an blink of an eye.... he will mix his skills with our posession play and will learn when to use his tricks and pace and when not.... our do u think neymar will be like some dude who gets in an other country and did forget hot to pass a ball ????.. seriously no way

Daemul

Nope, Messi was already #2 year before (with current format of voting)

Why wouldn't I because we are using the same for Neymar? And didn't you have me on ignore? :lol: Please but me on your ignore so I don't have to explain everytime the simplest things, to a simpleminded hater.

Do you have some form of amnesia or something? Unless you meant that people are using the same logic for Neymar as you are for Messi then no, you are still wrong. All Jaden did as ask what will happen if Neymar came 5th, then you come in with Messi for some reason.

X

xaviniesta

Do you have some form of amnesia or something? Unless you meant that people are using the same logic for Neymar as you are for Messi then no, you are still wrong. All Jaden did as ask what will happen if Neymar came 5th, then you come in with Messi for some reason.

he is just another messi fanboy here who things everything revolve over messi and ofcourse has to hail him in every his post.

Armando929

a player so young and with such a class in our footballsystem will adept in an blink of an eye.... he will mix his skills with our posession play and will learn when to use his tricks and pace and when not.... our do u think neymar will be like some dude who gets in an other country and did forget hot to pass a ball ????.. seriously no way

Not so much that.

The thing is that this system of football is particularly hard on the wingers/forwards. They are asked to do alot of dirty work, such as press defenders, help out in defense when necessary, run ALOT, and using tricks the way Neymar does is discouraged by the coaching staff. Wingers are not encouraged to try and dribble past defenders all the time unless it is an absolute certainty.

Established World Cup winners like Villa and Henry had to come and adapt their set of skills to that system and it took them a while. These are players with serious credentials to back up their reputations. Alexis Sanchez has had similar problems adapting and many here have called for his head the same way they were doing with Villa last season. And anybody who has seen Alexis at Udinese and for Chile, knows that he does have great dribbling skills and is fast. But he plays a dark role much like Villa and Henry have done for us, only difference is that those two have an eye for goal, whereas Alexis isn't a natural goal scorer.

The pressure will be the likes that Neymar has never had to deal with before. Even if he was handed a starting spot on a platinum platter, he would have no guarantees to keep it if he does not perform. Pep had no problems benching Ibra for Pedro and Bojan as soon as his form started to dip(Not to mention his attitude). We're talking about Zlatan, who has walked into every starting line up whether he deserved it or not, and still started not matter how good or how bad his form was. Neymar in Brazil is the same in that he's practically royalty down there and has been given everything. The kind of pressure he would face makes players mentally exhasuted and afraid, and that anxiety causes all kinds of things like messing up simple passes, missing one on ones with the goal keeper, and being out of tune with the team. It has happened to the likes of Villa, Ibra, Henry, Cesc, Pedro, and Alexis.

Neymar is just 20 and with no experience in high pressure situations. He won't have it easy here.

Jadentheman

Not so much that.

The thing is that this system of football is particularly hard on the wingers/forwards. They are asked to do alot of dirty work, such as press defenders, help out in defense when necessary, run ALOT, and using tricks the way Neymar does is discouraged by the coaching staff. Wingers are not encouraged to try and dribble past defenders all the time unless it is an absolute certainty.

Established World Cup winners like Villa and Henry had to come and adapt their set of skills to that system and it took them a while. These are players with serious credentials to back up their reputations. Alexis Sanchez has had similar problems adapting and many here have called for his head the same way they were doing with Villa last season. And anybody who has seen Alexis at Udinese and for Chile, knows that he does have great dribbling skills and is fast. But he plays a dark role much like Villa and Henry have done for us, only difference is that those two have an eye for goal, whereas Alexis isn't a natural goal scorer.

The pressure will be the likes that Neymar has never had to deal with before. Even if he was handed a starting spot on a platinum platter, he would have no guarantees to keep it if he does not perform. Pep had no problems benching Ibra for Pedro and Bojan as soon as his form started to dip(Not to mention his attitude). We're talking about Zlatan, who has walked into every starting line up whether he deserved it or not, and still started not matter how good or how bad his form was. Neymar in Brazil is the same in that he's practically royalty down there and has been given everything. The kind of pressure he would face makes players mentally exhasuted and afraid, and that anxiety causes all kinds of things like messing up simple passes, missing one on ones with the goal keeper, and being out of tune with the team. It has happened to the likes of Villa, Ibra, Henry, Cesc, Pedro, and Alexis.

Neymar is just 20 and with no experience in high pressure situations. He won't have it easy here.

Yes I agree with all that, but the system could be retrofitted to cater to Neymar's strengths. It could hurt Messi's streak or improve the whole team by raise the productivity of two really good players. We don't know. All we know is the risks and the really good outcomes. Neymar could be ronaldinho 2.0. I don't know, but he seems to doing good so far. And what if he doesn't leave Brazil at all? All the Santos fans want him to stay and play in Brazil for the rest of his career. They want him to be the posterboy of the re-emerging Brazilian league. But I know he has plans to play here. It's just when. It also means what Tito and the rest of the coaching staff will do once the deal is made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans