Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Messi+Eto

Come on, please! This discussion has to end once and for all, the Brasilian league sucks at defending and any kind of calculated tactics. They just run up and down the pitch like headless chickens, it's terrible. And Neymar is egoistic and overrated + he's the worst diver EVER! Untill he proves himself for an European top team he can do his useless steppovers, in his tactically useless league untill he dislocates both his legs.

Would this be a very good evaluation of your reasoning faculty?. . . lolz

M

Messi+Eto

please dont compare Neymar and Sanchez. Alexis is already a proven European player not some scumbag playing in Brazil with an attitude it undermines Alexis.

Proven to be crap? Btw, didn't they both play in the Copa America? Who had a better tournament of the two? I guess the Copa Libertadores is shitty too right? You are right I shouldn't compare him to someone as terrible as Alexis. Sanchez wouldn't score even if the GK was Stevie Wonder.

Jadentheman

Proven to be crap? Btw, didn't they both play in the Copa America? Who had a better tournament of the two? I guess the Copa Libertadores is shitty too right? You are right I shouldn't compare him to someone as terrible as Alexis. Sanchez wouldn't score even if the GK was Stevie Wonder.

Also Neymar is like 3-4 years younger then Alexis and still arguably way better then Alexis Sanchez. Neymar preforms for Brazil better then Alexis ever did for Chile..fact! Go ahead and say "He didn't win Copa or the Olympics" but it's true. Everytime I see Brazil play the attack is mostly carried through Neymar like Santos.

Antimadridista1

I wish that Neymar will come in Barcelona in 2014 to replace David Villa ... But we'll probably have to sell some of our wingers because it's not gonna be easy to give all of them time on the pitch ; Tello, Alexis, Villa , Pedro, soon Deulofeu and Neymar. How are we gonna organize this shit ?

Jadentheman

Keep the youth, sell the deadweights. Alexis and Villa out. Pedro will be moved to right wing (granted if Messi isn't moved there)

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
That just makes no sense.

Let him sign for another top european team to see if he is good enough?

If the Brazilian league is so poor and as easy to play in as you claim where are the other players dominating that league the way Neymar is?

He is class act and is without doubt going to be one of the top players in the world, to get him for 40m would be a steal.

Will he fit in with Barca? Quality wise he is defintily good enough and his attitude does not seem as bad as previously and also he does work hard on the pitch.

What doesn't make sense? That I (and many others) want to see Neymar play for us or any other top team in Europe before we nominate him as a future 'Balon' winner? How many overhypped South Americans have we seen bottle it? Neymar might be more special, but let us wait and see.

Would this be a very good evaluation of your reasoning faculty?. . . lolz

What's wrong with you guys? I have an opinion about a league thats is inferior to the Spanish, Italian, English, German, Dutch, Russian, French, Portuguese and probably Ukrainian. I also have an opinion about this overhypped player who I want to see perform on the big stage to see if he can handle it. And you jump me with insults? GTFO!

F

Flavia

What doesn't make sense? That I (and many others) want to see Neymar play for us or any other top team in Europe before we nominate him as a future 'Balon' winner? How many overhypped South Americans have we seen bottle it? Neymar might be more special, but let us wait and see.

What's wrong with you guys? I have an opinion about a league thats is inferior to the Spanish, Italian, English, German, Dutch, Russian, French, Portuguese and probably Ukrainian. I also have an opinion about this overhypped player who I want to see perform on the big stage to see if he can handle it. And you jump me with insults? GTFO!
Do you watch the br league? That opinion of yours seems based on the 90's. The br league changed a lot on the last years, the top teams could compete in any of the leagues you mentioned... Did you forget Barça lost to a br team on 2006?

Jadentheman

Wasn't that Brazilian team playing anti-football? What was it punt and pray? But whatever the brazilian league does have quality. I bet you even Messi and Ronaldo will struggle somewhat

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
I think we need Neymar guys, after tonights shocking performace. :lol:

We need someone else to try and take on players, not just pass all the bloody time like its some hot coal. Neymar fits the bill.

Armando929

The thing is, alot of you guys are just assuming that Neymar's dribbling skills would work against these parked bus defenses. He's not exactly a strong guy. He's very lightweight, gets pushed off the ball quite frequently, and dives alot to boot.

What makes any of you honestly believe that he'd have had more success than Messi did tonight?

Honestly.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
The thing is, alot of you guys are just assuming that Neymar's dribbling skills would work against these parked bus defenses. He's not exactly a strong guy. He's very lightweight, gets pushed off the ball quite frequently, and dives alot to boot.

What makes any of you honestly believe that he'd have had more success than Messi did tonight?

Honestly.

Neymar would dive and win us free kicks and penalties, thats what would happen. :lol:

We would probably have managed to win 2 pens with Neymar in the side tonight.

Jadentheman

Dives and freekicks are one thing. Neymar can also distract with tricks and flicks. It makes Barca unpredictable and attracts more defenders towards Neymar allowing key figures to set up and go for goal.

An example would be like what Ronaldinho did in this Chelsea game. Stepovers, back heel passes, and flicks. Tore the Chelsea defense block apart.

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Do you watch the br league? That opinion of yours seems based on the 90's. The br league changed a lot on the last years, the top teams could compete in any of the leagues you mentioned... Did you forget Barça lost to a br team on 2006?

We also lost to a Scottish team yesterday... :lol:

But seriously, of course the Brasilian league is getting better. But I still think they are far behind the top leagues in Europe, especially tactics/positioning etc etc.

89Norcal

Sorry brah, but you couldn't be more wrong.

This is how Messi receives a pass nowadays:

57nyyuui.jpg

Surrounded by 3 - 4 defenders with another bank of four behind the ball.

And this is how Neymar receives a pass:

g2xpekrw.jpg

I don't remember the last time Messi had that much space infront of him to dribble (bar the odd counterattack we get here and there once in a twilight).

The Brasileiro will never be a serious tactical or defensive league. They are all about entertainment, stepovers, circus tricks and Samba dance goal celebrations. While La Liga has turned into a super defensive and cynical league since Mourinho has arrived.

come on man, no one is buying that. So you mean Messi NEVER has space and Neymar ALWAYS does? You gotta watch LL and Brasileirao more closely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans