Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paganinisrvnge

I will be pissed if anyone besides Alexis leaves to accomodate Neymar. The biggest priority right now should be a new CB. We can't possibly continue to rely on an old Puyol who can only play 20-30 games a season, Pique, and the young Bartra as the only actual CBs we have. Masch and Adriano have done serviceable jobs at CB and Busquets and Song can technically play there in an absolute emergency but it should never get to that point. Injuries and suspensions are going to happen. We need a true CB way, way, way more than Neymar.

F

Flavia

Me and about 193,946,886 Brazilians would agree. Let's not forget other fans from around the world that see him dazzle the Brasileiro week in and out.
He's not that unanimous here. Among santos fans, yes. But his diving annoys a lot of people.

89Norcal

He's not that unanimous here. Among santos fans, yes. But his diving annoys a lot of people.

He'll probably grow out of it once he puts some size on and starts taking on defenders. Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be the Suarez/Torres type that dives always looking for a free kick.

veryfatchocobo

I know Barca needs a CB first. I'm a fanboy, but I do know what forum I am on lol

His footwork's nice wow goal taken well etc. I wonder if he'll grow like Messi in way that he started at the wing and eventually made his way into the center. His PK was worse than Sergio Ramos's though.

AvocadoCake

A while back i saw a post (i think on this thread) that was talking about Santos players play a lot of games against lower division teams and comparing Neymar's goal/game ratios in each competition, can anyone find it?

barcanuck

My comparisons of Neymar to Messi in 3 categories (dribbling, shooting and passing):

Dribbling - similar dribbling as Messi, not as refined, more flashy dribbling but very close. One of the best in the world in flying by players.

Shooting - very good shooter with both feet, can curl shots or beat goalies with power. His chip isn't up to Messi's standard, but who is. Very clinical either way.

Passing - the more I watch Neymar over the years, the more his passing and vision has envolved. Not on Messi's level yet, but is above standard for an attacker as he often drops deep.

Last edited:
B

beautifulgame

Looks like he missed it on purpose as a courtesy for a non-penalty.. whatevs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans