Not open for further replies.

SeloBarca

Merry Christmas everyone

375260_474454339256921_391281726_n.jpg

Hipster glasses:lol:

steve-urkel-costume-1.jpg

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Neymar has never done anything against half decent defenders, though. He got shut down by Mexican U-23s at the Olympics.

I agree. Every team they played in the tournament up until Mexico were pretty goddamn bad. Neymar is good at taking advantage of crappy defenses (i.e his hat trick vs China) but he doesn't seem like the kind of player who can impress much against even a higher-midtable team. On top of all that he dives like a fish, has an immature and egotistical attitude, and is extremely overpriced. Neymar could turn out to be a quality player someday. But i'd rather not take a gamble of 60 million euros to find out. Especially when the squad is gonna be as strong as possible by the time he's expected to come. Think about it. Pedro and Tello will be getting regular rotational playing time, Deulofeu will also be a regular and maybe cementing a starting role, Dongou will be a first team player by then as well (and he's more than capable on the wings), and Sandro Ramirez will also be up and coming. There is so much depth and Neymar will just be a waste of money. My future Barca attack lineup would be Deulo-Messi-Dongou with Pedro and Tello rotating and Sandro pushing in and eventually battling messi for playing time in like 7-8 years when he's in his 30's. Notice how i didn't even have to include Villa and Alexis who could possibly be gone by then. Yet we still would have enough depth to have TOO MANY attackers.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Him and Dani have turned into total hipsters!

How do you 'turn' hipster?

Isn't being a hipster a wee bit more than just having a 'nerdy' look? First and foremost, the term 'hipster' as it is currently used, in no way represents what it actually stands for, i.e. a person who has happened to acquire his own thoughts, own style, own interests in certain musical sub-genres in a manner that reflect his distinctive personality as a whole.

Hipsters, from my experience, don't just turn up out of nowhere. It's a group of people sharing common beliefs, interests, hobbies, thoughts and a way of expressing themselves, having behaved thus through over course of a longer period. Hipsters, in sociological terms, would probably fall under a sub-culture that does not share the norms and beliefs of the majority - it's a sort of a counter-culture, to be more precise.

The spread of social media has, nonetheless, made certain elements of such counter-cultures trendy and they have, to an extent, lost their meaning as the more mainstream things become the more people acquire certain traits for either finding them appealing (without understanding their origins) and / or because they are growing popular amongst either their peers, or, en masse. However, despite acquiring some traits, they fail to acquire others and thus become nothing more than imitations of each other without the certain je ne sais quoi.

So no, Neymar and Dani are not a hipsters and will never turn into hipsters, as they are simply acquiring certain bits and pieces of popular trends.

M

mitkoa7x

Every time i read this thread there are people who act like Neymar started the damn holocaust. He'd still get negged if he saved 10 puppies from a burning building.

barcanuck

How do you 'turn' hipster?

Isn't being a hipster a wee bit more than just having a 'nerdy' look? First and foremost, the term 'hipster' as it is currently used, in no way represents what it actually stands for, i.e. a person who has happened to acquire his own thoughts, own style, own interests in certain musical sub-genres in a manner that reflect his distinctive personality as a whole.

Hipsters, from my experience, don't just turn up out of nowhere. It's a group of people sharing common beliefs, interests, hobbies, thoughts and a way of expressing themselves, having behaved thus through over course of a longer period. Hipsters, in sociological terms, would probably fall under a sub-culture that does not share the norms and beliefs of the majority - it's a sort of a counter-culture, to be more precise.

The spread of social media has, nonetheless, made certain elements of such counter-cultures trendy and they have, to an extent, lost their meaning as the more mainstream things become the more people acquire certain traits for either finding them appealing (without understanding their origins) and / or because they are growing popular amongst either their peers, or, en masse. However, despite acquiring some traits, they fail to acquire others and thus become nothing more than imitations of each other without the certain je ne sais quoi.

So no, Neymar and Dani are not a hipsters and will never turn into hipsters, as they are simply acquiring certain bits and pieces of popular trends.

Well if they are being trendy, they have turned themselves into something. Which in this case is the hipster look.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Well if they are being trendy, they have turned themselves into something. Which in this case is the hipster look.

Having a hipster-look, though, is predominantly different than "turning a total hipster."

Each term has its own place in the semantic order :).

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
It's not even a hipster look anymore, it's too mainstream.

It's like when people call corporate produced rock like fun. "indie rock", when you mimic a certain aesthetic it becomes the mainstream, just because someone wears skinny jeans and has a twee attitude doesn't change the fact that it was produced by a corporate board to appeal to teenagers.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I could, just for the sake of it, go around East London and provide you some photo evidence of what hipsters really are.

And when Neymar and Wayne Gretzky's hot daughter start wearing fake glasses and kitschy clothing, it's no longer hipster.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
And when Neymar and Wayne Gretzky's hot daughter start wearing fake glasses and kitschy clothing, it's no longer hipster.

This.

The fact that the whole purpose of counter-culture is to avoid generalizations be it clothes, music of ideas wise (not an exhaustive list), defies the whole idea of something being a hipster-look.

It's not, because those initially involved have gone further and created something new, which consumer brands are waiting to mass-produce due to general lack of creativity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans