Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
How do you 'turn' hipster?

Isn't being a hipster a wee bit more than just having a 'nerdy' look? First and foremost, the term 'hipster' as it is currently used, in no way represents what it actually stands for, i.e. a person who has happened to acquire his own thoughts, own style, own interests in certain musical sub-genres in a manner that reflect his distinctive personality as a whole.

Hipsters, from my experience, don't just turn up out of nowhere. It's a group of people sharing common beliefs, interests, hobbies, thoughts and a way of expressing themselves, having behaved thus through over course of a longer period. Hipsters, in sociological terms, would probably fall under a sub-culture that does not share the norms and beliefs of the majority - it's a sort of a counter-culture, to be more precise.

The spread of social media has, nonetheless, made certain elements of such counter-cultures trendy and they have, to an extent, lost their meaning as the more mainstream things become the more people acquire certain traits for either finding them appealing (without understanding their origins) and / or because they are growing popular amongst either their peers, or, en masse. However, despite acquiring some traits, they fail to acquire others and thus become nothing more than imitations of each other without the certain je ne sais quoi.

So no, Neymar and Dani are not a hipsters and will never turn into hipsters, as they are simply acquiring certain bits and pieces of popular trends.

Sorry to hurt you with the facts but Hipster is now a trend. So yes, people can turn hipsters by following the Hipster trend. I can give you a full guide line on how to live a Hipster lifestyle in Toronto from top to bottom and I am not even Hipster. I am Hip, just not stir.

PearLBLacK

Banned
^Ronaldinho influenced all of Barca's wingers. Everyone wants to play on the left!

That's because they're right-footed. Much easier to cut inside or link up with others when your better foot is to their side rather than to the touchline, unless you're a purely traditional winger. That's also the reason why people have been saying Alexis should play on the left flank more often.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Sorry to hurt you with the facts but Hipster is now a trend. So yes, people can turn hipsters by following the Hipster trend. I can give you a full guide line on how to live a Hipster lifestyle in Toronto from top to bottom and I am not even Hipster. I am Hip, just not stir.

But the type of people who invented that so call look - as in the legitimate hipsters, the coke addled artist types who moved into Brooklyn when it was still dangerous and slowly infiltrated mass culture via the NY, Montreal and Toronto music scenes, long since either disowned that style or sold out. The sort of people the term "hipster" is meant to describe have long since moved on.

And because fake glasses and ridiculous clothing and all that is now popular, it is no longer cool. It's gone the way of ironic trucker caps.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Same with Feminism. Those who advocated for Feminims in its initial uprising were either met with a heavy Iron to the head or have abandoned the ship when it sailed into ridiculous territories.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Well both Feminism and "Hipsterism" fragmented into different movements once they became socially accepted, including insane extremes.

Kerrybai

If the world cup was held in a country other the Brazil then this thread could look at whole lot different.

( Neymar would be playing high level international competition in the South American WCQ's. )

ivan22

Look at Dani Alves. He turned into a complete hipster in no time :lol:

F

Flavia

His father(and agent) gave an interview again affirming Neymar's staying until the WC. He really is staying until then, there's a lot of sponsors paying for it.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, read that earlier...Don't know much about him and how reliable he is in terms of his word but he didn't leave much room for a change of scenery prior to '14

Makes sense for Brasil in most ways but footballing wise, I continue to think it's a mistake - his game needs to grow and 18 months is a bit of stagnation for his career to remain in South America, IMO

Paganinisrvnge

By the time Neymar comes to Europe, Goetze will be way better. Wouldn't surprise me if ammarfcb is right and Neymar stays in Brazil scoring hat tricks against 4th division teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans