Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadentheman

We all know the top 3 most creative playmakers are from Barca. Neymar is #7

Iniesta is named best playmaker in 2012. Neymar is the seventh
Xavi and Messi are among the top three in the list that has scorers like Cristiano Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic and Falcao García
By GLOBOESPORTE.COM
Berlin

112 reviews

Iniesta was voted the best player in Europe
(Photo: AFP)
The midfielder Iniesta of Barcelona , was named best playmaker in the world in 2012 according to the International Federation of Football History and Statistics (IFFHS). Rounding out the podium midfielder Xavi , "four-time", winning between 2008 and 2011, and striker Messi , among the top 3 for the fifth time since 2007. The Brazilian Neymar , of Santos, divides the 7th place with David Silva and Yaya Toure, both from Manchester City .
There are other scorers on the list: Cristiano Ronaldo of Real Madrid , figure only in sixth place ranking while Ibrahimovic , PSG, is the 11th, and Falcao García , Atletico Madrid, is the 12th, sharing the post with four other athletes . Barca and Real are the clubs with the largest number of players among the top 15, with three each. The City's next two.
Check out the top 15 list:
1 - Andrés Iniesta (Barcelona) - 146 votes
2 - Xavi Hernández (Barcelona) - 128
3 - Lionel Messi (Barcelona) - 98
4 - Andrea Pirlo (Juventus) - 87
5 - Mesut Özil (Real Madrid) - 43
6 - Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) - 34 7 - Junior Neymar (Santos) - 9 David Silva (Manchester City) Yaya Touré (Manchester City) 10 - Steven Gerrard (Liverpool) - 8 11 - Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Paris Saint-Germain) - 7 12 - Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid) - 5 Frank Lampard (Chelsea) Juan Mata (Chelsea) Falcao García (Atlético de Madrid)

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futeb...dor-de-jogadas-de-2012-neymar-e-o-setimo.html

Tomchin

@barcastuff: Rosell (president): "10M paid for Neymar? Sometimes you can be too transparent... Neymar has a contract until 2014, after that, we'll see."

I'm not a native speaker of English, so I wonder what Rosell means with the sentence "Sometimes you can be too transparent". Does he mean that the reporter is asking a stupid question?

89Norcal

@barcastuff: Rosell (president): "10M paid for Neymar? Sometimes you can be too transparent... Neymar has a contract until 2014, after that, we'll see."

I'm not a native speaker of English, so I wonder what Rosell means with the sentence "Sometimes you can be too transparent". Does he mean that the reporter is asking a stupid question?

Sounds like the reporter was implying Barca have put 10m down on Neymar, and Rosell meant it would be ridiculous to let such detailed negotiations public.

Tomchin

So Rosell doesn't deny or confirm that the 10M-yearly payment (total of 40M, as we've seen in Barca's yearly accounting-transcript) is for Neymar or for another player, if I understand it correctly.

ammarfcb

ze special one
time for a new froward, where r u neyGOAT
neymar.jpg

Jadentheman

:lol: I'm sure if he wants to come to Barça he'll wear what's available. Don't think Thiago will give up on #11 unless a better 'midfield'-wise number becomes available.

Nope. No offense to Thiago but he might have to wear number 21, 19,or 30. #11 belongs to NeyGOAT

Jadentheman

Well doesn't he get paid around 650,000 Euros a month? That may have gotten raised too. So I expect Barca to paid him that much or a little more depending on his performance

Der Kaiser

:lol: Like Neymar is gonna walk into Barca, demanding a certain number and a certain wage. If he wants to come to this club, he´ll have to take what we offer him. If not, he can continue to play streetball in Brazil until some newly rich club buys him as their newest toy.

Theconomist

:lol: Like Neymar is gonna walk into Barca, demanding a certain number and a certain wage. If he wants to come to this club, he´ll have to take what we offer him. If not, he can continue to play streetball in Brazil until some newly rich club buys him as their newest toy.

While it's good to have a we're more than a club mentality and no player is bigger than the club that's not how modern day football works.
While he won't specifically ask for a jersey number, economics will assure he gets a decent number for shirt sales. 11 or 9 is infinitely more attractive than 42.
And wether you like it or not a salary negotiation which will see him being one of the top paid players in the squad will take place.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
If Neymar is here by the time Villa leaves, i suspect he'll get #7. That is, assuming Deulo doesn't get it first. But logically speaking a player can not demand a number especially at Barcelona. I remember when Hazard demanded to have the #10 shirt at whichever club he chose to go to but instead he got #17 at chelsea. That type of egotism will not be tolerated at our club. Neymar will take whatever he can get (it obviously won't be something huge like 42). He's not coming here for shirt sales, he's coming for football. We don't do that kind of business.

As for the wage thing, Neymar once again will have to take what he can get. I have a suspicion that he might not even join because of wanting more money. He will not just walk right into Barcelona and be regarded more highly than the club veterans or youth players. He hasn't been proven in a strong league, hasn't played at Barcelona, and will not be treated like a celebrity.

Der Kaiser

While it's good to have a we're more than a club mentality and no player is bigger than the club that's not how modern day football works.
While he won't specifically ask for a jersey number, economics will assure he gets a decent number for shirt sales. 11 or 9 is infinitely more attractive than 42.
And wether you like it or not a salary negotiation which will see him being one of the top paid players in the squad will take place.

I doubt that either Alexis or Thiago will change their number just because of Neymar. Now, if the nr 7 is free because of Villa leaving, sure he can have it. But both Alexis and Thiago are above Neymar in the pecking order, simply because theyre veterans vs a rookie. And people will still buy his shirt, wether its nr 7,9,11 or 24 ( I personally find 24 extremely sexy ).
A pay raise from his current contract would put him right up there with xavi and iniesta, and that aint happening.

As much as some people want to hype this kid and try to make him a superstar without really having achieved or proved anything, he will have to start all over again at barca. keirrison and henrique looked good in brazil, and they didnt get the nr9 jersey and 300k a week, they didnt even play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans