Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamrock

When robinho was at his best for Madrid he was a very good player, not the next Pele but very good. If neymar is as good and stays focus he will make a good career for himself

Jadentheman

I was looking back at the Mexico game in the Olympics.

[video=vimeo;57767466]http://vimeo.com/57767466[/video]

Many people said that Neymar was largely invisible in this game, but, when I look at it again he was largely involved. So much so that Mexico's defenders where double and triple teaming him constantly and he still got pass them most of the time. Only other person that does that is Messi currently. See how he sets up the plays and fools two people at once. Yeah Neymar is a gamble, but he does show up at big games. Most might cite the Barca game as a reason why Neymar can't preform well against the best, but that's because it was BARCA.

Barca8

Here's my thing about Neymar...
Thank god Messi has been a machine and has stayed injury free. But let's say he does miss a match. What is our plan B? Who else can play through the middle with similar success? Although Villa is back his injury clearly has management scared to give him the full 90. Now he's picked up a new leg injury. We have plenty of wide players (Pedro, Tello, Cuenca, Deulofeu, Alexis) which is what Neymar is. Can he play the false 9? If so then sell Alexis and get Neymar ASAP.

I think we need is a striker in the Henry/Villa mold who can be a serious threat from out wide but can also play up top if needed. I can only think of 3 players who fit the bill: Luis Suarez, Aguero & Benzema. Benzema being a Madrid player is out of the question. Suarez is a diver and a discipline case but has serious ability to run through defenders from the left side to score. Aguero can do the same but his cost will be too high.

What do you all think of Neymar in the "False 9" or which strikers could replace Villa(Henry)?

Thank god Messi has been a machine and has stayed injury free. But let's say he does miss a match. What is our plan B? Who else can play through the middle with similar success? Although Villa is back his injury clearly has management scared to give him the full 90. Now he's picked up a new leg injury. We have plenty of wide players (Pedro, Tello, Cuenca, Deulofeu, Alexis) which is what Neymar is. Can he play the false 9? If so then sell Alexis and get Neymar ASAP.

I think we need is a striker in the Henry/Villa mold who can be a serious threat from out wide but can also play up top if needed. I can only think of 3 players who fit the bill: Luis Suarez, Aguero & Benzema. Benzema being a Madrid player is out of the question. Suarez is a diver and a discipline case but has serious ability to run through defenders from the left side to score. Aguero can do the same but his cost will be too high.

What do you all think of Neymar in the "False 9" or which strikers could replace Villa(Henry)?

IMO, what we should get is a winger who can score goals and play as striker if needed. Which is why Neymar could be perfect, albeit risky. Plus Messi and Neymar together (being fed by Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas) sounds awesome. Especially when Deulofeu joins in in a few years.

Barca8

IMO, what we should get is a winger who can score goals and play as striker if needed. Which is why Neymar could be perfect, albeit risky. Plus Messi and Neymar together (being fed by Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas) sounds awesome. Especially when Deulofeu joins in in a few years.

That's what my question was... Who can play out wide but also through the middle if needed?

Zincubus

Banned

I've seen Neymar go on Messi type runs but starting from the left . Ideal to play up front with him IMHO

Jadentheman

I've seen Neymar go on Messi type runs but starting from the left . Ideal to play up front with him IMHO

Yep he does drift towards the midfield but on the left side, he can drift from the right though. Usually that's for playmaking. He can make either Messi type runs from the forward left position or he can be Ronaldinho like deceptive on the left. Your call

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Yep he does drift towards the midfield but on the left side, he can drift from the right though. Usually that's for playmaking. He can make either Messi type runs from the forward left position or he can be Ronaldinho like deceptive on the left. Your call

You sound like you could be his agent

Barca8

Yes Neymar is phenomenal on the left side drifting inwards to take shots on goal. If we had him today our front 3 would line up like this Neymar - Messi - Pedro.
Do you think he could play in the "False 9" role though as Messi does? Like if it was a CdR match and Tito lined up Villa - Neymar - Cuenca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans