Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Okay, so I'm a little late to the Neymar party, can someone enlighten me on how he would be a good fit to Barcelona? In my opinion he just wouldn't fit, he's too much of a showoff in my opinion, and I can't see his style meshing with ours well. Is it just because he is the most talked about talent nowadays?

IMO not a great fit but still it's bound to happen so better get used to it :lol:

Anyway, the way I see Neymar fitting is if he completely changes his playing style. He will have to if he wants to be successful against European defenders AND be able to fit in the Barcelona team. He'll have to tone down on the overly flashy dribbling and the show-off mentality. Also he'll have to develop a high workrate and put his teammates ahead of himself. If he is willing to do that, then he'll end up shifting the emphasis from individual skills to passing flair and sexy linkup play in the final third. Although he'll lose a lot of his so called talent at the cost of this. He'll merely be a really good player, at best. He'll never be a true great in that scenario, especially if he plays second fiddle to Messi.

Jadentheman

IMO not a great fit but still it's bound to happen so better get used to it :lol:

Anyway, the way I see Neymar fitting is if he completely changes his playing style. He will have to if he wants to be successful against European defenders AND be able to fit in the Barcelona team. He'll have to tone down on the overly flashy dribbling and the show-off mentality. Also he'll have to develop a high workrate and put his teammates ahead of himself. If he is willing to do that, then he'll end up shifting the emphasis from individual skills to passing flair and sexy linkup play in the final third. Although he'll lose a lot of his so called talent at the cost of this. He'll merely be a really good player, at best. He'll never be a true great in that scenario, especially if he plays second fiddle to Messi.

Neymar already has toned down on his flash. He only uses it when the his team score is 3 goals above. That being said I hope the occasional flash every game at Barca happens. It was be nice to see some Brazilian flair in Tiki Taka. Anyways here is his recent game against a second division team. Not his best game, but yeah...

89Norcal

i can't see a team working with both neymar and messi. both need a team built round them. It might end up like the messi ibra situation again unworkable

Ibra is totally different in playstyle and temperament than Neymar though. Neymar could be a very dynamic player for us provided we incorporate him him the right way. In other words I don't think he'd be satisfied working only as a goalmaker, he would want to score goals as well. Wonder how :tito: would use them both.

SoMa

[YOUTUBE]ObiB7wZlHzo[/YOUTUBE]

His spanish is progressing. By summer 2013 he'll speak it adequately hopefully...

Jadentheman

If they know english they are progressing well. If they slur their words more it would be more pleasant to hear.I bet you they can type in english or something. Most brazilians can somehow...

Anyways yeah his Spanish is decent though I can never understand how Brazilians can consider it to be difficult

Co0ter

I guess we should have told Ronaldo and Ronaldinho to tone down their flair too....wait, no, that would have been stupid. Neymar is a great talent and there is so much more to him than his flair...but the flair is what makes him unique, it's the reason why Brasilians are beloved by football lovers around the world. Tone down diving? Yes. Get used to not seeing as much of the ball? Yes. Tune down the flair? Never. Get rid of the needless stuff, but bring the magic please.

Zincubus

Banned
Neymar already has toned down on his flash. He only uses it when the his team score is 3 goals above. That being said I hope the occasional flash every game at Barca happens. It was be nice to see some Brazilian flair in Tiki Taka. Anyways here is his recent game against a second division team. Not his best game, but yeah...

I think some people have misguided or out of date opinions on Neymar . You are correct in what you said . He's maturing very quickly into a very effective team player .

Jadentheman

I think some people have misguided or out of date opinions on Neymar . You are correct in what you said . He's maturing very quickly into a very effective team player .

Seeing him play on the National team is an indicator of his presence in passing football. Brazilian samba style is very similar to Tiki Taka style of play

ShandyFFM

really love this boy the way he dribbles and the way he use his skill and techniques but i think this vid has taken it to a next level for him... every 2 szene is him falling down on the pitch after a small pull on the shirt or less... i would recommend barca to sign this boy directly but this is just awful..the opponent doesnt have a chance to get on the ball by fair tackles the migh have felt joked by the ref...

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I guess we should have told Ronaldo and Ronaldinho to tone down their flair too....wait, no, that would have been stupid. Neymar is a great talent and there is so much more to him than his flair...but the flair is what makes him unique, it's the reason why Brasilians are beloved by football lovers around the world. Tone down diving? Yes. Get used to not seeing as much of the ball? Yes. Tune down the flair? Never. Get rid of the needless stuff, but bring the magic please.

I never said tone down on the flair. Just the useless holding on to the ball or doing tricks just to show off. He's gonna have to trade showmanship for efficiency. Especially since he is not the main man. Dinho didn't have that problem because he was the main attacker. If some of his skills are cunning and unpredictable but at the same time useful, yea sure he can still use it. However he won't be able to use the exceedingly fancy, unnecessary stuff.

Jadentheman

Neymar can be the sub main man. Right now there are two main attackers at Barca: Messi and Iniesta. If :tito: can somehow integrate NeyGOAT and have him take turns attacking with Messi and Iniesta then we can potentially see a new trio for now. Xavi can still distribute as normal, so he won't be left out. He just won't be making many plays. The issue then comes when Thiago is playing though. Neymar and Thiago will make excellent attackers, but alas Xavi stays until 2016.

I think there can be 3 central attackers at Barca. One main man (always Messi) and two sub attackers (currently Iniesta & Xavi). Tito might have to rotate sub attackers, but it can be done. With over 60 games played in a season many people need breaks. Also look at it from a tactical perspective. Neymar has some unique skills. He can concede freekicks and penalties. He can also attack with flair and unpredictability. Not to say Iniesta or Messi can do that, but Neymar's play style can dictate the game from a different way so to speak.

Last edited:
I never said tone down on the flair. Just the useless holding on to the ball or doing tricks just to show off. He's gonna have to trade showmanship for efficiency. Especially since he is not the main man. Dinho didn't have that problem because he was the main attacker. If some of his skills are cunning and unpredictable but at the same time useful, yea sure he can still use it. However he won't be able to use the exceedingly fancy, unnecessary stuff.

He's probably gonna have to tone down on the tricks at least somewhat wherever he goes. Perhaps more so if he goes to Barca though.

misterplatin

Neymar can be the sub main man. Right now there are two main attackers at Barca: Messi and Iniesta. If :tito: can somehow integrate NeyGOAT and have him take turns attacking with Messi and Iniesta then we can potentially see a new trio for now. Xavi can still distribute as normal, so he won't be left out. He just won't be making many plays. The issue then comes when Thiago is playing though. Neymar and Thiago will make excellent attackers, but alas Xavi stays until 2016.

I think there can be 3 central attackers at Barca. One main man (always Messi) and two sub attackers (currently Iniesta & Xavi). Tito might have to rotate sub attackers, but it can be done. With over 60 games played in a season many people need breaks. Also look at it from a tactical perspective. Neymar has some unique skills. He can concede freekicks and penalties. He can also attack with flair and unpredictability. Not to say Iniesta or Messi can do that, but Neymar's play style can dictate the game from a different way so to speak.

It will be difficult for Neymar to play with Messi as instead of having a CF creating space for him, he will have to create space for the static CF . Neymar is becoming a very good final third player and he can create as well as score goals. But those happen because his team-mates make space for him,make clever runs off the defenders . That will happen in few odd games at Barca when Messi gives his all but mostly NEYMAR will get frustrated just like Alexis on wings.
I think Neymar is a genius and his potential will be realized when the team is built around him .If that happens at Barca then I would love him at Barca . It will be interesting to see the reaction of Tito and Messi if a player like Neymar demands a more central and creative role than what our current wide forwards are playing .

Yugi

Jadentheman said:
think there can be 3 central attackers at Barca. One main man (always Messi) and two sub attackers (currently Iniesta & Xavi).

seriously? I cringed and stopped reading after that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans