Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beautifulgame

no disrespect to brazil but it isn't what it used to be. and football it's self has changed. and european club football is at a much higher level, u hav to prove yourself in europe before you can claim to be the greatest player ever or what ever they call him in brazil these days.

your being silly. no one in brasil even calls him the greatest player of the current crop of players in the world aside from a couple statements by pele and some projections by media outlets.

i have not heard one brazilian fan even cite him as good as messi or cris so why are you so fixated with this? even other brazilian starts such as Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos mention that he has a long way to go to be among the elite of his own generation.

JamDav1982

I appear to be in the minority but I think Neymar will be a fantastic signing for the club.

He has the lot and can change a game with an individual action, which in team at the moment only Messi and at times Iniesta can do.

The team is in dire need of wide players that the ability to dribble with the ball, see a pass and score goals. None of the wide players at the club just now have that.

At the moment wide of Messi Barca have Pedro on the right when he cannot dribble the ball consistently or pick a pass. He is all about work rate and movement off the ball Defenders are just showing him down the line on his right foot knowing he wont cross it. He doesnt have the ability on his left to cut inside.

On the other side there is Iniesta who is having a fantastic season but does not look to attack at pace and get in behind defences. He is desperately needed in the middle of the park.

For me Neymar will make a world of difference to the attack in the big games if he is brought in.

Garrus

I agree with you, But prepare to ripped apart to pieces in here, Any one who likes neymar is just a youtuber, Who gets deceived by fancy tricks.

desoe

People who like Neymar are as much right/wrong as the people who hate him. They can't know if he will be a success or not, just as the other can't possibly be sure that he will flop. Neither one of the two sides could possibly offer an argument, which is strong enough to be accepted as the one & only truth. Neymar is an enigma and a huge gamble. Barcelona is a big club and big clubs can afford to play the roulette sometimes.

Now, if you think that he's not what we need, this is an entire different subject. But it doesn't mean that Neymar is "just a youtuber", I don't think he's the next Quaresma. But if he flops, he could become the next Robinho, yes.

JamDav1982

People who like Neymar are as much right/wrong as the people who hate him. They can't know if he will be a success or not, just as the other can't possibly be sure that he will flop. Neither one of the two sides could possibly offer an argument, which is strong enough to be accepted as the one & only truth. Neymar is an enigma and a huge gamble. Barcelona is a big club and big clubs can afford to play the roulette sometimes.

Now, if you think that he's not what we need, this is an entire different subject. But it doesn't mean that Neymar is "just a youtuber", I don't think he's the next Quaresma. But if he flops, he could become the next Robinho, yes.

People can offer there opinions as much as they want through seeing him play as with any other player. We will see in the next few years who is right/wrong.

I personally think he would be a huge success.

+1

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Well the only thing left is to see how well he plays once he gets here. It'd be unfair to brand him a flop for even the smallest of errors but if he consistently pulls out bad performances then he'll just be harming the team. I hope the coaches remain objective about this though. If he doesn't do well, he shouldn't be continuously played just to justify a price tag. When he comes, he should be treated the same as everyone else and he needs to earn playing time, not have it given to him. Not being top dog and having to deal with competition is the only way he'll actually strive to improve and work harder.

Robbie

more neymar fail

3ccecbaf44fe906313cae5c.gif

1084095_o.gif

M

Messi+Eto

Lets see, up front we have Messi and... Messi and.... oh, yeah, Villa. But what? Villa is a sub? oh. So up front, its Messi and... ?

Also reading through the thread and his passing is being severely underrated.

I dont think Neymar is the solution to all problems, he'll probably be flopping around on the floor a lot like pedro & sanchez too, but at least he has some talent when he decides to stay up and make a play/try and score.

Good to see we still have people here who are not on their high horses and actual give some form of commendation to whom it is due. :beer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans