Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micah

Against Milan, we definitely could have used a good winger who could unlock the defence with a nice dribble from the wings. At the moment, Neymar probably wouldn't be able to do that yet, but once he's adapted (in 1 or 2 years?), I think he's the right man for that task.

I don't see how Falcao could be integrated in this team, considering we already have Messi up front. You can't buy a player like Falcao for 5-6 games a year? Moving Messi back to the wings would definitely decrease his goalscoring-capabilities.

But he could barely stand his ground, The Milan we faced would have toyed with this fella. He's too weak and lacks passion. Falcao has the technical side to fit our system of one touch football. He could play a similar position to what Villa is playing now(inside forward) and in games like the one against Milan, he could be much useful in the middle than Messi. Even Jovetic would be a much better fit.

What im really trying to say is that, Neymar could fit in well and maybe increase the margin we would win against teams like Osasuna,Getafe and the likes. But that's not really the problem, it lies in games like the one against Milan, Chelsea, Celtic and the likes, this is what we need to overcome and Neymar is clearly not the solution to that. And what's worse is that it could get much worse when teams realize our weakness, more and more Celtics are going to come about each season.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
........I concur =(. I still believe Neymar is not what we need. I prefer Kun. Buuuuut it looks like we are going to be stuck with him. He needs to bulk the fuck up and learn a thing or two from Messi about going down after a tackle. Seriously. That's the part if his game I despise most. I really hope learning from Messi and Iniesta and co. Will bring him to a new level. Dare I say....a mature neymar

ammarfcb

ze special one
i already made a 'neymar fails' sub folder on my gif folder.

Neymar_Fail.gif

Indignado

No wonder when he plays with XXL shorts. God, he will be just as awful as most of our transfers if he really comes. Aguero would cost around the same and he's proven himself, plus he's humble, has a great eye, great passing, knows how to play with Messi and wants to come to Spain. There's no need for Robinho 2.

SoMa

Great to see the club prioritizing a player for a position that is already well-stacked with talent.

Lets see, up front we have Messi and... Messi and.... oh, yeah, Villa. But what? Villa is a sub? oh. So up front, its Messi and... ?

Also reading through the thread and his passing is being severely underrated.

I dont think Neymar is the solution to all problems, he'll probably be flopping around on the floor a lot like pedro & sanchez too, but at least he has some talent when he decides to stay up and make a play/try and score.

Last edited:

Indignado

Lets see, up front we have Messi and... Messi and.... oh, yeah, Villa. But what? Villa is a sub? oh. So up front, its Messi and... ?

Also reading through the thread and his passing is being severely underrated.

I dont think Neymar is the solution to all problems, he'll probably be flopping around on the floor a lot like pedro & sanchez too, but at least he has some talent when he decides to stay up and make a play/try and score.

To be fair, we have 3 great talents there with Tello, Cuenca and Deulofeu. But right now, there's no world class player up front except for Messi. We desperately need to sign a winger and sell Villa and Alexis, even with all the talent.

Irish_Cules

The pressure on this guy when he arrives is going to be ridiculous. Presuming he lives up to the hype, he's just what the attack needs to take the weight off Messi's shoulders. There is so much doubt surrounding him though. The transfer looks imminent at this stage so all we can do is hope he is the real deal. There is such hype around him that even if he flops I could still see Barca selling him for a decent price after a couple seasons.

Barcilliant

Madrid will be SOOOOOOOOOO happy if we get him. Honestly he has talent but will be a flat track bully who destroys lesser teams but will do nothing against the stronger sides. I hope the deal breaks down and City/Chelsea sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans