Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beautifulgame

Why are you guys so dead set on him delivering 'against big teams' for the national team when he hasn't had a decent coach that could organize the team until now?

Brasil has been out of whack for years and since Neymar is hyped he must automatically shine?

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
For us to accept the club paying 45 million (one of the highest transfer sums in history) to Santos and giving him a huge wage he has to prove that he's worth it. If he doesn't, well then there's hundreds of better ways to spend the money.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think some of you guys are overreacting. Neymar wasn't that bad. As few others mentioned Brazil is yet to find themselves under Scolari while Russia marches on steadily under Capello.
Since last month, Neymar has now played against England, Italy and Russia and got the taste of what to expect in Europe. It's an invaluable experience.

B

beautifulgame

^ +1.

And he wasn't poor until he ran out of steam tonight a bit into the second half. He was doing quite well until then so get on with it.

Co0ter

I don't really watch Brazil, but they have some really good players:
Thiago Silva
Dante (not sure why Luiz is starting over him tbh)
Alves
Marcelo
Oscar
Neymar (he's got potential, at least)
etc

I can see them doing well in the world cup with the players they have, if they're able to play as a team. From what you're saying, I'm guessing that's a big problem for them right now.

Brasil's main problem is their midfield, they have no idea what they are doing.

I'm not saying Fernando and Hernanes are bad, I'm saying our midfield changes every single game so how can they ever develop partnerships or any sort of familiarity. Whether they are good midfielders or not is a different story.

What I know for sure is that Brasil plays with three midfielders typically and somehow there is always a huge gap between them and both the defense and offense. It's just a mess. You can't win games when you're midfield doesn't know what they are doing and seem to have no sort of plan what-so-ever. Once, well if, the midfield is fixed the rest of the team will come together because they have decent players on the other ends.

Brasil's main problem is their midfield, they have no idea what they are doing.

I'm not saying Fernando and Hernanes are bad, I'm saying our midfield changes every single game so how can they ever develop partnerships or any sort of familiarity. Whether they are good midfielders or not is a different story.

What I know for sure is that Brasil plays with three midfielders typically and somehow there is always a huge gap between them and both the defense and offense. It's just a mess. You can't win games when you're midfield doesn't know what they are doing and seem to have no sort of plan what-so-ever. Once, well if, the midfield is fixed the rest of the team will come together because they have decent players on the other ends.

I'm thinking Brazil could really use Thiago...

Micah

Horrible decision making. But the whole attack was poor in general, including Oscar.

Oscar had a much better game compared to him, he did wane off towards the end of the game but overall had a much better game than Neymar.
He just looked clueless the whole game, he tries to do something special every time he gets the ball but ends up over doing things and losing possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans