Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

In what way is he unproven?

He is the twice South American player of the year, has taken Santos to their first Copa Libertadores since the days of Pele and was one of the top players in intl football for goals and assists last year.

To say he is 'completely unproven' is just not true. Where he is at the moment there is nothing more he can prove.

I did say ALMOST completely unproven :)

He might be the next Ronaldo but he could also be the next Keirrison. Success in South America doesn't automatically translate to success in Europe.

Meitux

Pedro scored the all important goal away against France recently. Just this Wednesday he scored an equally important, high pressure goal in the CL. In the past he has scored in a CL-final, not to mention several goals against Madrid. Pedro is in no way a poor finisher, or someone who buckles under pressure.
who cares about the past? what happened,happened, its all about how he plays in the present,he is not the same who used to be in the past..

M

Messi+Eto

Neymar's better than them right now probably (and I doubt by a huge margin) but Deulofeu will very likely end up the far better player in the future. Cuenca, not so sure as he has his current injury problems and that could affect his career.

Quit humiliating Deulofeu with these comparisons already. . . . at the age of 17 Neymar was already killing in his domestic league. . . Deulofeu at present in the segunda , on the other had only ''RUNS'' to the touchline and does nothing else!

tello

He might be the next Ronaldo but he could also be the next Keirrison. Success in South America doesn't automatically translate to success in Europe.

Even mild succes in Europe doesn't automatically translate into succes in Europe. Best example, ofcourse Asexis !

tello

who cares about the past? what happened,happened, its all about how he plays in the present,he is not the same who used to be in the past..

Pedro is the same, in the present he scored the qualyfier against PSG.
Don't get me wrong but you guys shouldn't exepect every Barca attacker to be Messi like. Pedro is very good at what he does and at what role he plays.

This cannot be said for Asexis...

Kerrybai

We know, it's been repeated 100 times on this thread. Let's just wait and see how he does then we can make our final judgement.

Pedro is the same, in the present he scored the qualyfier against PSG.
Don't get me wrong but you guys shouldn't exepect every Barca attacker to be Messi like. Pedro is very good at what he does and at what role he plays.

This cannot be said for Asexis...

Pedro hasn't been that great this season, but he's shown that he's still a big game player. Scored the crucial goal against France in the world cup qualifiers and a great goal against PSG (which was also crucial) in the CL quarter finals.

Kerrybai

Quit humiliating Deulofeu with these comparisons already. . . . at the age of 17 Neymar was already killing in his domestic league. . . Deulofeu at present in the segunda , on the other had only ''RUNS'' to the touchline and does nothing else!
I'm pretty sure he's top scorer or something along those lines.

Galning

:lol: yeah because the Brazilian league is as good as Primera Division. Let alone, it's as easy to become a regular in Santos than in Barcelona.
Also, Deulofeu just runs to the touchline and does nothing else :lol: are you even serious here? He's the leading goalscorer. I guess he scored all of his goal walking the ball in then.

I'm not saying Deulofeu is or will be better than Neymar, but that post made zero sense.

M

Messi+Eto

:lol: yeah because the Brazilian league is as good as Primera Division. Let alone, it's as easy to become a regular in Santos than in Barcelona.
Also, Deulofeu just runs to the touchline and does nothing else :lol: are you even serious here? He's the leading goalscorer. I guess he scored all of his goal walking the ball in then.

I'm not saying Deulofeu is or will be better than Neymar, but that post made zero sense.

Makes sense to me. . . I am well aware he is the highest goal scorer in the LOWER DIVISION with double figures. But all the games i have seen of him in all level, national or clubside he has been overly unconvincing. Like I said all he ever does is run, has no skill, poor control, lacks confidence, can't head, can't pass. . . What else is there to say? like I said he only dashes to the touchline and whips in low amateur like crosses. The Brazilian division is much better than the segunda. Remember:

Internazionale beat Barcelona to win the FIFA Club World Cup
Corinthians beat Uefa champions Chelsea to win FIFA Club World Cup

Pretty much speaks for itself.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
If Messi was playing for Santos instead of Neymar I doubt he could have done much more either. Santos just aren't good enough as a team.

JamDav1982

And Barça sent Santos home 4-0 in a game where Neymar was invisible. Judging leagues on one game doesn't work.

Messi has been invisible in many bigger games than that - QF vs Germany being an example.

People rightly point to the difference in quality of teams to cut Messi some slack for that, the gap for Neymar between Santos and Barcelona was even bigger.

A lot of people seem to have it in for Neymar and totally ignore everything he has done and point to things he has not achieved. They sound just like the people who try and discredit Messi for not having done it in England or in the World Cup totally ignoring everything else HE HAS achieved.

Neymar is in a different class from the likes of Delofeu and Cuenca. Trying to compare these players just shows bias above anything else.

Galning

Messi has been invisible in many bigger games than that - QF vs Germany being an example.

People rightly point to the difference in quality of teams to cut Messi some slack for that, the gap for Neymar between Santos and Barcelona was even bigger.

A lot of people seem to have it in for Neymar and totally ignore everything he has done and point to things he has not achieved. They sound just like the people who try and discredit Messi for not having done it in England or in the World Cup totally ignoring everything else HE HAS achieved.

Neymar is in a different class from the likes of Delofeu and Cuenca. Trying to compare these players just shows bias above anything else.

So you say it's not fair to compare Deulofeu and Cuenca to Neymar because they aren't as good but then go on to compare Neymar to Messi. I think Messi has nothing to prove anymore while Neymar has it all to do.
Also, I am not the one who said Deulofeu & Cuenca are on Neymar's level. I didn't say a word about Neymar until someone tried to prove a point about leagues by using two games as an argument. My initial reaction was when somebody said Deulofeu was nothing special.
Don't jump on the first poster you see.

JamDav1982

So you say it's not fair to compare Deulofeu and Cuenca to Neymar because they aren't as good but then go on to compare Neymar to Messi. I think Messi has nothing to prove anymore while Neymar has it all to do.
Also, I am not the one who said Deulofeu & Cuenca are on Neymar's level. I didn't say a word about Neymar until someone tried to prove a point about leagues by using two games as an argument. My initial reaction was when somebody said Deulofeu was nothing special.
Don't jump on the first poster you see.

Where on earth have I compared Neymar to Messi???

I am saying that people are putting forward arguments against Neymar having not performed in certain game, an argument that can be held against anyone even the greatest player ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans