Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

I haven't, else I probably wouldn't ask. :)

I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, I'm genuinely curious.

It starts around May, you should try to catch some games.
But to try to answer you, a good amount of the teams from brasileiro would do well in la liga. Apart from Barça and rm, some other teams are pretty much on the same level. The style is different, as each league has its own, but teams like valencia, athletic, sociedad, betis, malaga, sevilla are not better than corinthians, atletico, cruzeiro, fluminense, sao paulo or santos. It's a wrong misconception many here have, and insist on it based on the paulista, that is an entirely different tournament.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I see, thanks. And how well does Neymar do against these teams? Also, how good are his teammates compared to the other players in Brazil he competes with?

F

Flavia

I see, thanks. And how well does Neymar do against these teams? Also, how good are his teammates compared to the other players in Brazil he competes with?

I think he used to do better, maybe he lost motivation. He also misses a lotof matches because of the nt and fifa dates. Brazilian calendar is not in sync with europe and fifa. He is still better than most here, but he needs some cl football to improve. Santos has a few other good players, as Montillo and Arouca, but overall their rooster is modest.

mixer

I think he used to do better, maybe he lost motivation. He also misses a lotof matches because of the nt and fifa dates. Brazilian calendar is not in sync with europe and fifa. He is still better than most here, but he needs some cl football to improve. Santos has a few other good players, as Montillo and Arouca, but overall their rooster is modest.
Yeah, you're right. He needs a new challenge, he needs to gain some experience.

The best option for him now is move to Barcelona imo. He will fit into our style

Jadentheman

He's gaining back his form Flavia

Jadentheman

His Pr team and Santos keep saying after 2014 WC, but I just can't see that with more and more signs pointing to this Summer. The only issue would be that Neymar could abandon Santos in the middle of the Brasileiro.

F

Flavia

His Pr team and Santos keep saying after 2014 WC, but I just can't see that with more and more signs pointing to this Summer. The only issue would be that Neymar could abandon Santos in the middle of the Brasileiro.

Not the middle, it starts in May 26th. If he is to leave this summer, the club will have time to sign someone to replace him.

tello

Pedro hasn't been that great this season, but he's shown that he's still a big game player. Scored the crucial goal against France in the world cup qualifiers and a great goal against PSG (which was also crucial) in the CL quarter finals.

He started the season really well, he was on a very good form, he scored quite a few important goals and a crucial one, I think he's okay especially when compared to Asexis...

Armando929

Its up to him really. He himself has said he's staying till 2014 but there are other factors.

For starters if he's mentally and emotionally prepared to go. Its a big adjustment plus coming to a big club straight from South America at such a young age where the football is definitely different than what he's used to, and with the pressure to perform and not being the star of the team like he is at Santos.

It seems not a matter of if, but WHEN he's coming. So one of Alexis or Villa will definitely leave. And we still need to buy a goal keeper and a top class defender. How we're gonna manage to pay for all this is still a question I have and of course I keep wondering how necessary is Neymar when we have the likes of Villa, Alexis, Pedro, Tello, and Deulofeu.

jairzinho

^^ Its confusing to me as well. But when u consider Rossell's brazilian connections and also with Nike, u understand why there is a big push to sign him, and Rossell has a big part to play in that. Not too sure about what Tito and Zubi think about the entire signing. But if Neymar comes then obviously u get the feeling a couple of players are going to leave.

misterplatin

I don't care much about trophies and records for Barcelona if they keep signing the best talents who in return will give us good football . Neymar is the type of player who can add his beautiful style to our tic-tac-tic without disrupting our natural game .

misterplatin

:facepalm:
The Neylove is too strong in this one. So we should sacrifice trophies for Neyney?

I meant it in a positive way that I am not following the team for trophies but for good football :barca scarf:

For example I didn't like Chelsea before ,not because of their rivalry from CL but because I could not watch the football played by that team till 2012 .But this year I watch them in EPL because they bought players like Hazard and Oscar . Their play is very good even if they are not winning anything.

misterplatin

ya that comment made little sense.

Too many posters have expressed their opinion that Neymar won't be the solution for our future . Or that he will make us weaker than present . So my response was that we should be thankful to have so many good talents on our team. Less win and less glory can be tolerated as long as we can be proud of the football played by the team .

Manchester United are winning the league but every month on their internet forums you can see posts like 'Are you satisfied by the football played by the team' etc . And during the time i have watched football I have observed that best talents =good football .Winning trophies depends a lot on other things but the quality of football will be decided by the talents the club will sign .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans