Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Can he actually dribble well in Europe though? I doubt he would do well considering his flamboyant yet inefficient style. He wouldn't free up space, he'd just get lost and isolated and end up losing possession.

JamDav1982

I don't get how people expect Neymar's arrival to solve our problems. What would he have done against Bayern aside from get dispossessed with ease and not track back. I don't want the team to buy someone who can score hat tricks against the Mallorca's or Osasuna's of the world but get neutralized against top class teams. Does anyone honestly think that Neymar could pull off any of those stepovers or elastico's against a guy like Lahm? People want him not because he's an actual help, but because they've mentally built him up to be viewed as "the savior" who's arrival will "pull Barca back up into a next golden generation" without any second thought on whether or not he'll actually be decent.

I have seen plenty of him and and in no doubt whatsoever if given the space that Pedro and Sanchez had he would have hurt Bayern far more than they did.

There seems to be a bizarre situation where the wingers at Barca have to be defenders first and the fullbacks be picked on their ability to go forward.

Also Neymar is not a lazy player.

Armando929

I don't see those dribbling tricks working against the likes of Bayern, Madrid, United, Milan, etc.

He would have made no difference tonight. He'd have just gotten dispossessed like Messi and Alexis were getting whenever they tried to attack. His lack of strength would also see him get pushed off the ball a lot.

Our problems are defensive moreso than offensive.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I believe his diving could have made a difference maybe. But the team overall had bad morale and played like shit

Count how many times Pedro and Alexis received the ball in the final third, then in how many of those they were facing the goal, and then in how many of those there weren't at least three players surrounding them...

With the way our team played today, we could have a front line of Maradona - Messi (100% fit) - Pelé and still we would have finished with 0 shots on goal...

As good as Neymar may be (which I think he isn't), not even the best of players can fix the tactical and psychological failures of our current team...

Oh, and fixed your quote just for the LOLz...

Jadentheman

Count how many times Pedro and Alexis received the ball in the final third, then in how many of those they were facing the goal, and then in how many of those there weren't at least three players surrounding them...

With the way our team played today, we could have a front line of Maradona - Messi (100% fit) - Pelé and still we would have finished with 0 shots on goal...

As good as Neymar may be (which I think he isn't), not even the best of players can fix the tactical and psychological failures of our current team...

Oh, and fixed your quote just for the LOLz...

Well honestly I rather have Ronaldinho back at Barca then Neymar. Say what you will but Ronaldinho always makes the difference when his team needs it.

Kerrybai

I don't get how people expect Neymar's arrival to solve our problems. What would he have done against Bayern aside from get dispossessed with ease and not track back. I don't want the team to buy someone who can score hat tricks against the Mallorca's or Osasuna's of the world but get neutralized against top class teams. Does anyone honestly think that Neymar could pull off any of those stepovers or elastico's against a guy like Lahm? People want him not because he's an actual help, but because they've mentally built him up to be viewed as "the savior" who's arrival will "pull Barca back up into a next golden generation" without any second thought on whether or not he'll actually be decent.

What we want is a player of Etoo, Henry quality on the wing. Whether or not that is Neymar remains to be seen but our current starting wingers are a long way behind those of Madrid and Bayern.

Ronnie10

We need a striker that the likes of Ramos, Lahm, Dante would be running shit scared at the first sight of him. Neymar is hardly our savior. At the moment I would be happy on Falcao, Suarez and maybe Cavani. Other players have much higher chance of flopping.

oz187

Does anyone honestly think that Neymar could pull off any of those stepovers or elastico's against a guy like Lahm?

This is a dishonest appraisal of him. He does his tricks, but he also has the ability to drive past players with speed and efficiency, similar to how Messi does it. That would have effective helping the team attack Bayern. Whether he replicate those driving runs in Europe is a complete unknown until he actually comes and plays here.

Garrus

Dribbling aside, He's very intelligent with the ball, And his passes and crosses are accurate, And has an excellent vision.

ammarfcb

ze special one
funny how our defense gets destroyed every few weeks but instead we argue what striker we should get. we didn't even have a chance for a striker to finish yesterday.
i think its the tactics more than anything, i like tito but he hasn't put up a good set of tactics in a single one of our big games. the 4-0 vs milan seemed to just be our players doing their best.

in order
>tito out
>2 CB'S
>1 RB
>a striker

Irish_Cules

It's a shame that Brazil haven't had to play any qualifiers for the world cup. It would have been interesting to see him play some competitive international games recently instead of the pointless friendlys they play in Europe.

Tomchin

funny how our defense gets destroyed every few weeks but instead we argue what striker we should get. we didn't even have a chance for a striker to finish yesterday.
Exactly, that's why a good dribbler on the wings (like Neymar) is needed. We only had a single shot on goal yesterday, which is humiliating for a team like Barca.

Attack and defense, they both need reinforcements in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans