Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Don_Andrés

Does anybody know what the record transfer fee is for a Brazilian player moving to a European club? The only one I can think of is Lucas Moura and that was €45 when he moved to PSG. Does anybody know if Moura had any release clauses or a couple of years remaining on his contact. And it was PSG who just outbid anybody else that was interested in him.

khaled_a_d

Does anybody know what the record transfer fee is for a Brazilian player moving to a European club? The only one I can think of is Lucas Moura and that was €45 when he moved to PSG. Does anybody know if Moura had any release clauses or a couple of years remaining on his contact. And it was PSG who just outbid anybody else that was interested in him.

Moura was the record ,he didn't have release clause (or had a ridiculous one ,it wasn't paid anyway),And Manu,Inter,PSG was fighting for his signing

khaled_a_d

Honestly ,when you consider the prices of Gotze(37M) ,Lucas(45M) ,Oscar(30M) and the fact that Isco has 35M release clause and won't probably sold for less ,do you guys really think Neymar price is that high? that looks fair price for young player of his quality considering all players mentioned ,and he is also supposed to have the biggest marketing value

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Lucas and Oscar were bought by clubs that have unlimited transfer money. How does that even relate to FCB and any realistic market prices.
As for Gotze.. He proved his worth against top European teams already and is as key player for former Bundesliga champions.

D

Don_Andrés

Lucas and Oscar were bought by clubs that have unlimited transfer money. How does that even relate to FCB and any realistic market prices.
As for Gotze.. He proved his worth against top European teams already and is as key player for former Bundesliga champions.

I was just work out how much the fee is likely to be. But, it looks like it might be less than the €40m which has been quoted, due to the time left on his contract.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
With his contract issue and the risk in signing him, Santos should really not be asking for anymore than 35 million. 20-30 would be ideal price though.

Indignado

The thing is that according to his comments and his apparent desire to play for Barça, we wouldn't pay for him to come here, but only to come here earlier. Zubi should exploit this in the negotiations to lower the price. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 50m in the end :lol:

Andrew M

I am concerned that having Neymar in the squad might help cultivate a bit of Brasilian clique. I strongly believe that such players need very strong coaches.

D

Don_Andrés

Am I right in thinking that the majority of Neymar's wages are paid through sponsorship deals etc? and are they likely to continue once he joins Barcelona? or are the they exclusive just to the Brazilian league? Are Barca expected to make up this shortfall in wages?

I'd also like to know how heavily Nike are involved in this deal? with Rosell once being an ex-employee of them. I mean the financial benefits of Neymar playing for Barca must be huge!

If Nike can pay millions in sponsorship to Rory McIlroy to miss cuts and withdraw from competitions:lol:, just imagine what are prepared to invest in a footballer.

I am concerned that having Neymar in the squad might help cultivate a bit of Brasilian clique. I strongly believe that such players need very strong coaches.

Huh and here's me hoping we sign Júlio César and Thiago Silva this summer :lol:

Last edited:

Andrew M

Am I right in thinking that the majority of Neymar's wages are paid through sponsorship deals etc? and are they likely to continue once he joins Barcelona? or are the they exclusive just to the Brazilian league? Are Barca expected to make up this shortfall in wages?

I'd also like to know how heavily Nike are involved in this deal? with Rosell once being an ex-employee of them. I mean the financial benefits of Neymar playing for Barca must be huge!

If Nike can pay millions in sponsorship to Rory McIlroy to miss cuts and withdraw from competitions:lol:, just imagine what are prepared to invest in a footballer.

Well, a certain golfer is the highest paid athlete in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans