Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilberto

Where?

In an animated movie made together by Nike&Disney?

:lol:

I know we will make our money back but the money that could have been spent in this transfer period IS gone. Which means we could miss out on a few popular players. And a year with a weaker team of course.
Im not for or against Neymar, because he could be great but we could have bought Reus or someone else instead so... We'll see.

Antimadridista1

Sonda (owner 40% rights Neymar): "A lot should happen for Neymar not to join Barcelona. There's a contract, and a penalty clause." [rac1]

The group that owns part (40%) of Neymar's rights (DIS) revealed earlier that an agreement has been reached with FCB for 50M (20M to DIS).

Henry_IB

Banned
Sonda (owner 40% rights Neymar): "A lot should happen for Neymar not to join Barcelona. There's a contract, and a penalty clause." [rac1]

The group that owns part (40%) of Neymar's rights (DIS) revealed earlier that an agreement has been reached with FCB for 50M (20M to DIS).

Oh god, 50 million. Some silly part of me thought we could perhaps get him as low as 25 million given it was only 1 year left on his contract. This is going to be Ibra 2.0.

Armando929

Well he was never going to come cheap. Santos will squeeze every penny rest assured and if we're gonna pay it, then that's what it is.

He better perform, however.

JonM

LOL, if you actually look at the list, you'll see that it's based on nothing tangible: Value for money, age, home market, charisma, willingness to be marketed, crossover appeal.

http://www.sportspromedia.com/most_marketable/neymar/

I'm not saying that this guy won't sell a few shirts, but the idea that the revenues of the club will greatly increase because he's in the team is far-fetched at best. We have fuckin Lionel Messi for god sake. If you were not a bandwagoner before, you won't become one because Neymar is arriving (except for a few brazilians).

JamDav1982

LOL, if you actually look at the list, you'll see that it's based on nothing tangible: Value for money, age, home market, charisma, willingness to be marketed, crossover appeal.

http://www.sportspromedia.com/most_marketable/neymar/

I'm not saying that this guy won't sell a few shirts, but the idea that the revenues of the club will greatly increase because he's in the team is far-fetched at best. We have fucking Lionel Messi for god sake. If you were not a fan before you won't become one because Neymar is arriving (except for a few brazilians).

It is not just about selling shirts it is the club becoming more marketable as a whole, increasing sponsorship deals etc.

You can dispute that all you like but the people who are paid to analyse these things think that will be the case.

LeoMessi10

What ability? To score some goals and dribble while standing like Robinho? To sell shirts?

Sell him to Madrid and cash in those 40m, we can buy actual football players for that money.
You know man you really should apply to be a talent scout because obviously you've got a knack for it and no one else does. You're so right, Neymar has NOT one Ability, he's simply just a media craze.

I doubt that 57m thing is true. I'm guessing he'll be around 40m max, if we get him. Isn't Rosell good at not overpaying for players?

40m is still high though, and Neymar will still be a big risk if we get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans