Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

yahudi

How many goals have Barcelona scored this season? They have relatively little goal threat?

nzm from barcelonafootballblog.com has kindly compiled the data from the top clubs a few months ago. You can find the articles here and here

Barcelona as whole have scored quite a lot, a lion's share of those goals came from Messi though. The percentage of midfield goals is quite low in comparison to an allrounder team like Bayern or a team like Juve who score a lot through their midfield runners. Especially Busquets comes short in that regard, whether for tactical reasons or due to his personal skills.

This is not likely to change much in the next years, so the main danger should be at least distributed more equally among Barca forwards. Buying an intelligent striker could add more versatility to the attack and pay off more than bringing another small-sized dribbler.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Sky commentator says he's played his last game for santos. I don't see where this came from? Where is the source

Barca8

Don Andres is spot on in his analysis of this Neymar situation.

It has to be for sporting reasons first. Secondly there is no way Neymar is anywhere near the popularity of Ronaldo, Messi and he isn't going to be raking in bank for us. We might get a few new fans from Brazil but don't except 20 Mil to be added to our transfer budget with this kid.

It's sad that our most needed position CB, isn't even talked about but this Neymar deal is practically "done". Nice to see where our board's priorities are :rosell:

JamDav1982

Don Andres is spot on in his analysis of this Neymar situation.

It has to be for sporting reasons first. Secondly there is no way Neymar is anywhere near the popularity of Ronaldo, Messi and he isn't going to be raking in bank for us. We might get a few new fans from Brazil but don't except 20 Mil to be added to our transfer budget with this kid.

It's sad that our most needed position CB, isn't even talked about but this Neymar deal is practically "done". Nice to see where our board's priorities are :rosell:

The experts who study these things have said he is going to be the most marketable player in the world over the next few years.

The need for new attacking players is just as much needed as new center backs. I would even go as far to say that the four wide players at Barcelona are poorer than the four center backs.

Both areas need to be addressed and Neymar wont stop a defender being signed.

B

beautifulgame

Hmm. quite fair your analysis.

first off, sporting wise, Neymar is top class.

secondly, marketing firms are not idiotic in rating neymar as high as they do. just in brasil he is raking in a ton of sponsorship.

third, neymar is being wrapped as that deal has been in place for a long time. no one said that the CB position isn't a priority, especially as considering one of the best in the world in the position is being courted in T. Silva. Furthermore, obviously the deal that has been in place for a long time will be wrapped up before new ones are sorted. especially considering the season hasn't ended.

with all that said, I believe that barca needs to go to S. America or Eastern Europe or Belgium and sign at least two quality CB's.

many of your conclusions about the club and rosell are not back by any evidence. everybody knows, sporting wise rosell knowing nothing but he does understand finances and negotiation. for you all to know him in that respect in is unfair. i'm saying this as person that would prefer him out as well with the board but in terms of finances, he does quite well.

DavidVillano1

The experts who study these things have said he is going to be the most marketable player in the world over the next few years.

The need for new attacking players is just as much needed as new center backs. I would even go as far to say that the four wide players at Barcelona are poorer than the four center backs.

Both areas need to be addressed and Neymar wont stop a defender being signed.
Are you on about the list where Neymar was regarded as the most marketable sportsman in the next three years?

The same list that had Wilshere in the top 20 and uses charisma and willingness to be marketed as key factors. Yeh I'd buy into that joke of a list. :lol:

B

beautifulgame

Are you on about the list where Neymar was regarded as the most marketable sportsman in the next three years?

The same list that had Wilshere in the top 20 and uses charisma and willingness to be marketed as key factors. Yeh I'd buy into that joke of a list. :lol:

look outside of your europe vision and you would see that Neymar already rakes in big bucks playing brasil from sponsorships.

DavidVillano1

look outside of your europe vision and you would see that Neymar already rakes in big bucks playing brasil from sponsorships.
Yet is still not in the top 20 rich players list that was published this year.

I'll go by that list, which is more accurate than a list complied on the basis of Charisma etc. :lol:

Duke

1233445870ae19b02.gif

JamDav1982

Yes that is the list put together by those who are employed to judge such things, but I suppose you know better.

Gilberto

Yeah, Neymar is better than Deulofeu and Tello at the moment, but Deulofeu and Tello are definitely no bad players. If somehow the negotiations stopped, we would have decent replacements for Neymar... Oh, Deu and Tello will also improve alot in the coming years so in a few years they'll be great players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans