Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidVillano1

My bad, the article I read actually has him higher in 5th position, reading the article made it sound like he was outside the top 20. Although Forbes is more accurate and acceptable, so would certainly use that.

Still stand by that 'marketable analysis' that JamDav was talking about is a joke list, unless you believe Wilshere is the 20th most marketable sportsman in the world?

Last edited:

DavidVillano1

Yes that is the list put together by those who are employed to judge such things, but I suppose you know better.
So you're telling me that you agree with a comparison that openly admits CHARISMA is one of it's key factors in judging a players 'market value' is something to go by?

F

Flavia

Neymar is great. I really like him. His price tag is what bothers me a lot. Other than that, I think he can do really well. Just don't give him the cursed #9.

DavidVillano1

Absolutely charisma will be one of the factors.

No idea why you would even disagree with that?
Messi, Federer, Murray, McIlroy all have no charisma what so ever but are massively marketable. You go through the list and majority have no charisma at all.

You have Wilshere in the top 30 who is bland as fuck. Sloan Stephens is 9th on list ffs!

Rory McIlroy was above Messi and Ronaldo last year! :lol:

Nadal is behind Vincent Kompany, as if Kompany is more marketable than Nadal!

The five core factors are certainly not what I agree with.

B

beautifulgame

Neymar is great. I really like him. His price tag is what bothers me a lot. Other than that, I think he can do really well. Just don't give him the cursed #9.

srs.

people should also consider he has been largely overplayed and overworked by by teams and sponsors (traveling/events) the last two years as well and that has kept him from playing at his level as consistently as some would like.

JamDav1982

Messi, Federer, Murray, McIlroy all have no charisma what so ever but are massively marketable. You go through the list and majority have no charisma at all.

You have Wilshere in the top 30 who is bland as fuck. Sloan Stephens is 9th on list ffs!

Then there those like Beckham who are marketable purely on the charisma ahead of their ability.

Some like Neymar who have both ability and charisma for what they judge it on.

These are the experts who are paid to judge these things, unlike yourself.

DavidVillano1

These are the experts who are paid to judge these things, unlike yourself.
So that makes them 100% right and everyone else wrong?

What next Jamie Redknapp knows everything about football and we can't question his views because he gets paid to analyse football and we don't? Have a word :lol:

JamDav1982

So that makes them 100% right and everyone else wrong?

What next Jamie Redknapp knows everything about football and we can't question his views because he gets paid to analyse football and we don't? Have a word :lol:

No of course they may not be 100% right, but they will be more accurate than you are I am sure of that.

rafals

Finally I can see some positive thinking about this. I can't even express how badly I want him to be successful in Barca. Just imagine our attack's deadliness if he does great in our team. I know it's risky, but I'm just too excited to see how will he be playing.
Okay, enough drunk talking. I might have started to be way too optimistic after today's celebration :)

ceefoo

Let's face it, if Neymar comes next season, which looks like that is going to happen now :eusa_think:. He will be coming in to compliment Messi.

And that goes for anyone else we sign in attack, as the team is built around Messi. We already made that mistake with Ibra.

If Neymar has got anything about him, he will be trying to make the best impression possible, especially with next year being World Cup year. If you think that the spotlight is on him now, that is nothing compared to next season when he'll have an entire nations expectations weighted on his narrow shoulders.

I've read many good posts on here discussing why the team failed in the big games. Some say because the system wasn't right. Some, the personnel wasn't right. Some, the management wasn't right.

I say ... YOU'RE ALL RIGHT.

- Weak management
- Weak leadership
- Wrong tactics
- Wrong team selection
- Poor squad rotation
- Overly-dependent on Messi
- Wrong signings (recent seasons)

And the fact that our manager was on the other side of the world getting life-saving treatment for a third of the season.
All these reasons have contributed to our embarrassing failures in the big games this season (bar Milan, home).

It wouldn't have mattered if we even had XI of the worlds best players. If we don't use them correctly, we would still encounter many of the same problems.

We also failed in the big games because we stopped working as a team and became blasé. That unique strength that set us apart. We relied so often on Messi to win us a game, that we didn't know how, when he couldn't.

Ask yourselves this:

Would we have taken those beatings this season had :pep: been in charge?

e28makaveli

Federer does not have charisma but he is a gentleman. The same applies to Messi. This is also marketable quality.

Speaking about charisma, what sport star in the last decade would you consder had charisma? I can only think of Andre Agassi.

Barca8

The experts who study these things have said he is going to be the most marketable player in the world over the next few years.

The need for new attacking players is just as much needed as new center backs. I would even go as far to say that the four wide players at Barcelona are poorer than the four center backs.

Both areas need to be addressed and Neymar wont stop a defender being signed.

So you believe everything you read? I mean if it's on the internet it's got to be true. Even if he is being praised by these "experts" you don't think that maybe Neymar's sponsors or anyone who can make a buck off Neymar lobbied to get him on that list? Maybe Nike? I read somewhere on the net they're a pretty big company :troll: ... and if he bombs (sucks) at Barcelona what do you think that's going to do to his marketability?

Sorry, I'm a football guy above all else... its about the Blaugrana stripes and having the best collective 11 playing out on the pitch. Ronaldo & Dinho at least were tried at PSV & PSG respectively before making their moves to the big clubs but Neymar is going from minnows to MEGA while skipping the steps in between. Aside from his futsal skills there isn't any indication he'll be an instant success. Unfortunately for him because of all this huge hype he won't get any leniency from fans to settle in. He's gotta bring the results right away.

Personally I hope the deal falls through and PSG or Chelsea blow their bank on him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans