Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

e28makaveli

Let's face it, if Neymar comes next season, which looks like that is going to happen now :eusa_think:. He will be coming in to compliment Messi.

And that goes for anyone else we sign in attack, as the team is built around Messi. We already made that mistake with Ibra.

If Neymar has got anything about him, he will be trying to make the best impression possible, especially with next year being World Cup year. If you think that the spotlight is on him now, that is nothing compared to next season when he'll have an entire nations expectations weighted on his narrow shoulders.

I've read many good posts on here discussing why the team failed in the big games. Some say because the system wasn't right. Some, the personnel wasn't right. Some, the management wasn't right.

I say ... YOU'RE ALL RIGHT.

- Weak management
- Weak leadership
- Wrong tactics
- Wrong team selection
- Poor squad rotation
- Overly-dependent on Messi
- Wrong signings (recent seasons)

And the fact that our manager was on the other side of the world getting life-saving treatment for a third of the season.
All these reasons have contributed to our embarrassing failures in the big games this season (bar Milan, home).

It wouldn't have mattered if we even had XI of the worlds best players. If we don't use them correctly, we would still encounter many of the same problems.

We also failed in the big games because we stopped working as a team and became blasé. That unique strength that set us apart. We relied so often on Messi to win us a game, that we didn't know how, when he couldn't.

Ask yourselves this:

Would we have taken those beatings this season had :pep: been in charge?

and you all think that this same management that had almost every thing wrong from tactics to personnel management are making the correct decision to buy Neymar? Sorry guys but I am not sold on Neywar. Never have. We have too many weaklings on the team to begin with and we are just adding one more. Use Tello and bring back Quenca. These guys take on their men.

Last edited:

Jadentheman

^kkkkkkkkkkk

Tello and Cuenca stronger than Neymar!? Maybe they're much comfortable playing with the same people they played with for a couple of seasons already. But not stronger. The only issues to Neymar on these forums are his hype and his price tag.

Neymar's father insists that Neymar is staying till 2014 again. lol saving face

The father of Santos starlet Neymar has once more insisted his son plans to remain in Brazil until the summer of 2014.

Rumors linking the 21-year-old with a move to Barcelona in the coming months have gathered pace of late, with Tito Vilanova confirming discussions have taken place between representatives of the two clubs.

However, the player's father has stressed that his son intends to see out his contract with the Brasileiro outfit, claiming that both Barca and Real Madrid have plans in place to make a move for the youngster's signature next year.

"Our position is to stay until the end of contract," he told Radio Bandeirantes. "And we have not heard that Santos are in negotiations to sell Neymar.

“If Santos want then I will talk with my son to see if he really wants to go. We made some plans for Neymar to stay here until 2014. If these change we must be told beforehand.

"Barcelona is waiting for Neymar but for 2014. A project is in place to see how he will fit there. They put people next to Neymar to see how he would work. And Real Madrid does the same thing in the same way."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/neymar-plans-stay-santos-until-003300286--sow.html

Last edited:

e28makaveli

^kkkkkkkkkkk

Tello and Cuenca stronger than Neymar!? Maybe they're much comfortable playing with the same people they played with for a couple of seasons already. But not stronger. The only issues to Neymar on these forums are his hype and his price tag.

Neymar's father insists that Neymar is staying till 2014 again. lol saving face

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/neymar-plans-stay-santos-until-003300286--sow.html

I personally think Neywar is overrated. His price tag is overly inflated and is a bubble that will burst as soon as it is exposed outside South America. Cute tricks and flips do not fool me. I look for overall effectiveness in a player and from what I have observed of Neywar, it is very likely that he will fail here at Barca, unless be toughens up both physically and mentally.

I prefer strength, smarts, guts and work ethic. Call me crazy but I will bring back Quenca and work on Tello's effectiveness. This is a prudent approach but we will still be a force to reckon and have money in the bank to actually buy for positions we are suffering such a center back and goal.

I am sure his Dad is coming to the realization that the kid is not yet ready for prime time.

Last edited:

Butaan4barca

I personally think Neywar is overrated. His price tag is overly inflated and is a bubble that will burst as soon as it is exposed outside South America. Cute tricks and flips do not fool me. I look for overall effectiveness in a player and from what I have observed of Neywar, it is very likely that he will fail here at Barca, unless be toughens up both physically and mentally.

I prefer strength, smarts, guts and work ethic. Call me crazy but I will bring back Quenca and work on Tello's effectiveness. This is a prudent approach but we will still be a force to reckon and have money in the bank to actually buy for positions we are suffering such a center back and goal.

I am sure his Dad is coming to the realization that the kid is not yet ready for prime time.

He is not over rated. He is a fantastic player, with great business value, you don't get such deals every summer. If he lives upto his potential, he can not only provide extra depth to the team but actually improve messi's game as well directly ((and other player too)). Imagine the team playing with 3 pivots. Iniesta and messi are already two.
If he owns the left flank. He will be attracting defenders surely. Giving so much extra space to messi/iniesta.
My concern is, how will he accommodate to be a second fiddle player. He has been playing as the main man for some time. Here he will have to adjust his role. The best player will get all the attention.
Messi will be taking the free kicks and penalties. Neymar might have to live with not having those. Messi will remain the main target for through balls. So naturally Neymar's game will be bounded and put within strategic limits.
His reaction to all those and his willingness to accommodate within this team will mean everything. Brazilians are known to play the game with heart- Happier the player better the performance. So would he manage to keep his spirits high enough would be the key.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Will never understand those who say he is overrated. His quality is clear as day, I'd argue at his age he is more naturally talented than Messi was yet he doesn't have the same discipline and desire as Messi had and still has which is why he will always be 2nd.

I watched a bit of his game against Corinthians and its quite clear he is miles ahead of everyone.

My only gripe with Neymar is his diving and he tries to do the outrageous too much instead of letting it come naturally (like Ronaldo in his early years at UTD). Both of these traits Barça can hammer out of his game and his vision and creativity will make it easier for him to adapt than Sanchez.

I just don't want us to pay out the ass for him when we can use our negotiating leverage to keep the price reasonable.

My only fear for Neymar actually is the WC. Sorry to any brazilians on here but Brazil isn't going to win it next year, and whether its his fault or not, Neymar will be blasted by the fans and the media in Brazil. The same thing happened to Ronaldinho after WC in Germany and he was never the same and I hope the same fate isn't in store for Neymar. It's really unfair how the media can setup people to fail like that with unrealistic expectations...

At Barça, solely his ability to beat defenders 1-on-1 off the dribble is why he will help our system so much. Right now only Messi and Iniesta do that consistently and with Neymar's mere presence, he will open up more space for everyone else. Everything else will fall into place once he starts developing a rhythm and gets some chemisty with the team and I'm very confident he wilk succeed at Barca.

This ability is why I think Deulofeu will eventually surpass both Tello and Pedro too. Don't be surprised when he starts lighting it up next season, I just hope Tito gives him time and patience bc I'm actually more eager to see his effect on the team than Neymar. He has a mix of Messi and Ronaldo and since he is a graduate of la masia, he already knows the system. With the right guidance and playing time, he could be a very special player

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Good points, out of interest, why has alexis failed to live up to expctatns? I always thought he was a creative player with pace and dribbling, like Neymar, but with work ethic. The only difference is Neymar superior finishing

Or am I wrong? What kind of player is alexis in his natural game. I want to know because if he's similar to Neymar then Neymar will be another alexis, being told not to dribble which is his main asset and then becoming ineffective

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Well continuing on this line of thought, Neymar is a goalscorer whereas Alexis has never been, for starters...Perhaps more importantly, I suspect the Brasilian oozes the sort of confidence on the pitch that the Chilean apparently lacks

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Yeah, that's a bug difference in that Neymar is a finisher. But alexis is supposed to be a dribbleR like neymar and I haven't seen it from him. I'm hoping Neymar won't arrive and be instructed to get he ball and pass it back all the time alexis style, knowing tito i have my worries....

Neymar must be allowed to dribble as that's what wil give our attack that extra spark

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
But the point is well taken, are there instructions given to our wide players to merely funnel the ball back to Leo in the middle rather than take any chances?...It does seem to be an issue for all attacking players not named Tello

rafals

Good points, out of interest, why has alexis failed to live up to expctatns? I always thought he was a creative player with pace and dribbling, like Neymar, but with work ethic. The only difference is Neymar superior finishing

Or am I wrong? What kind of player is alexis in his natural game. I want to know because if he's similar to Neymar then Neymar will be another alexis, being told not to dribble which is his main asset and then becoming ineffective

I think that all because of the media always pointing out the fact that he needs to adapt to Barca's style. And here comes a little conflict - he was a brilliant dribbler in Udinese with great vision, but I think there was too big pressure on this adapting issue and it made him think that he needs to be more of a team player - that he needed to pass more and use more secure solutions in order to keep the ball possession. And there I come to my point - I hope that Neymar will remember why Barca wanted him so much in the squad - because he is an extraordinary dribbler with great vision and finishing who can make a huge difference in each game. I want him to remember that since this is the reason we are bringing him and use those skills in particular, because apparently that's what we need right now.

Doobs

The Messiah
Well continuing on this line of thought, Neymar is a goalscorer whereas Alexis has never been, for starters...Perhaps more importantly, I suspect the Brasilian oozes the sort of confidence on the pitch that the Chilean apparently lacks

His temperament under pressure is still to be seen. With the microscope on him when he joins us along with the fact that he won't be the teams biggest star, should tell us a lot.

cro-man

Will never understand those who say he is overrated. His quality is clear as day, I'd argue at his age he is more naturally talented than Messi was yet he doesn't have the same discipline and desire as Messi had and still has which is why he will always be 2nd.

I watched a bit of his game against Corinthians and its quite clear he is miles ahead of everyone.

My only gripe with Neymar is his diving and he tries to do the outrageous too much instead of letting it come naturally (like Ronaldo in his early years at UTD). Both of these traits Barça can hammer out of his game and his vision and creativity will make it easier for him to adapt than Sanchez.

I just don't want us to pay out the ass for him when we can use our negotiating leverage to keep the price reasonable.

My only fear for Neymar actually is the WC. Sorry to any brazilians on here but Brazil isn't going to win it next year, and whether its his fault or not, Neymar will be blasted by the fans and the media in Brazil. The same thing happened to Ronaldinho after WC in Germany and he was never the same and I hope the same fate isn't in store for Neymar. It's really unfair how the media can setup people to fail like that with unrealistic expectations...

At Barça, solely his ability to beat defenders 1-on-1 off the dribble is why he will help our system so much. Right now only Messi and Iniesta do that consistently and with Neymar's mere presence, he will open up more space for everyone else. Everything else will fall into place once he starts developing a rhythm and gets some chemisty with the team and I'm very confident he wilk succeed at Barca.

This ability is why I think Deulofeu will eventually surpass both Tello and Pedro too. Don't be surprised when he starts lighting it up next season, I just hope Tito gives him time and patience bc I'm actually more eager to see his effect on the team than Neymar. He has a mix of Messi and Ronaldo and since he is a graduate of la masia, he already knows the system. With the right guidance and playing time, he could be a very special player

And I will never understand people who think he isnt overrated. He is maybe a good player but most of you guys compare him with messi and ronaldo and he is not even a top10 player. Its so funny to say he is a worldclass player but he never proofed that. I could understand if he would show something in his national team but he doesnt and his league is a joke. He also falls quicker than a bottle and we know how sanchez is struggling.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Sanchez can dribble yes but he isn't that creative. Quite simply, Neymar is a better player than Sanchez bc of his vision, his creativity and that unshaking confidence that comes with being Brazilian.

Sanchez is a great player, world class, but he doesn't suit Barça. He relies on his pace to create space which is if he plays in a counter-attacking offense, he will be much more successful. I could see him really coming into his own at Juve, especially since they really need a player like him at Juve while here, he was always just another cog in the team.

Neymar, on the other hand, is just on another level with his ability and vision. He does things, like Messi, like Iniesta, like Xavi, that no other player can do and is just on a higher level mentally to how he approaches the game. His link-up play is already fantastic with mediocre players, just imagine what it will be like with him, Iniesta and Alba on the left.

Also, Sanchez was never a goal machine either. He is much more of a traditional winger and one of his better qualities is his crossing, something he needs a big, traditional 9 to be able to showcase. In a false 9 system, the wide players need to be a mix of strikers and wingers (very rare), Neymar is just that.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

You're making a massive mistake to confuse talent/ability with actual success in 1st team football at a club like Barcelona...Deulofeu has done nothing in 1st team football in the time he's been given, nothing...And to suggest this coming year he'll surpass a player like Tello or Pedro who have scored, dominated and won trophies is preposterous...A little perspective, don't fall into the hyperbole vortex

Same applies to the Neymar fanboys...At least Neymar has had success against 1st team footballers but both him & Deulofeu will need to do more than rely on their talent/skill, they will need to work their ass off...and even then, success is not assured

i_bleed_blaugrana

And I will never understand people who think he isnt overrated. He is maybe a good player but most of you guys compare him with messi and ronaldo and he is not even a top10 player. Its so funny to say he is a worldclass player but he never proofed that. I could understand if he would show something in his national team but he doesnt and his league is a joke. He also falls quicker than a bottle and we know how sanchez is struggling.

He is really weak on the ball, but that's bc he is skinny af. Our medical team and training staff will help him gain some bulk.

As far as his performances with Brazil, to be quite honest Brazil really aren't that great right now. They are great players but they don't know how to play together and this is why he might look subdued at times. They don't have a consistent center striker right now, and like Messi with us, teams just surround him bc he's the only real scoring threat. Brazil lack identity, as ironic as that sounds, and until they find a system that works, they'll struggle to get anywhere.

Do you not think that with players like Xavi, Iniesta and Messi around him, he won't shine even more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans