Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barcelona sources deny reports in Brazil that Neymar signed to travel to Spain in July, and say that a deal with Santos is not close. [as]

:rosell: :VdB:

Barca8

Here's an article on the Neymar fiasco. It's a decent read and brings up the point I made earlier of sponsors lobbying to get Neymar on "expert's lists" and other marketing.

My main problem with this entire deal is his transfer fee is WAY TOO HIGH for a player absolutely unproven at an elite level. Theres a Neymar video in the article and the way defenders just sit back and let him stand with his hands on his hips is never going to happen in Europe. Defenders like Varane, Ramos, Subotic, Hummels, Dante, Ivanovic, Chiellini, Mexes, Thiago Silva are going to have a foot in his ass before he even gets to settle himself. His dribbling skills are obvious but he doesn't have the physical stature like Ronaldo or Dinho to hold off defenders and power through. As soon as a defender sticks a leg out he goes flying through the air. Every transfer is a risk but this is like letting someone throw knives at your genitals while blind folded.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Here's an article on the Neymar fiasco. It's a decent read and brings up the point I made earlier of sponsors lobbying to get Neymar on "expert's lists" and other marketing.

My main problem with this entire deal is his transfer fee is WAY TOO HIGH for a player absolutely unproven at an elite level. Theres a Neymar video in the article and the way defenders just sit back and let him stand with his hands on his hips is never going to happen in Europe. Defenders like Varane, Ramos, Subotic, Hummels, Dante, Ivanovic, Chiellini, Mexes, Thiago Silva are going to have a foot in his ass before he even gets to settle himself. His dribbling skills are obvious but he doesn't have the physical stature like Ronaldo or Dinho to hold off defenders and power through. As soon as a defender sticks a leg out he goes flying through the air. Every transfer is a risk but this is like letting someone throw knives at your genitals while blind folded.

Surely its a big risk and maybe not worth it if we end up paying staggering 40-50m!

And its not like defenders in the brazilian league stops up to let Neymar stand with his hands on his hips and do whatever he wants. They do go in with all power against him most of the times. Its not like they let him do the 'Hips Don't Lie' stand every single game :lol:

He's unproven in Europe which is the main worry... The defenders in Brazil are not very bad. Many top class defenders there too, but the overall level is much higher here in Europe...

The good thing about Neymar is the psychological advantage he brings vs the defenders which will bring a bit breathing space to Messi.

Obviously we have Deulofeu and Tello(A different type of player though) in our ranks which means that we perhaps dont really need Neymar, but let it be for now. Im hopeful that Neymar, Messi and Deulofeu can work together well...

Whatever happens with the Neymar transfer saga, I hope its concludes quickly. It has dragged on for too long now.

rafals

Ronaldinho was not so well built when he joined Barca, he worked hard to get stronger and so he was in the following seasons. The same can be done to Neymar. Plus I don't think that Neymar will be trying that 'dribbling in one place' thing in Barca, because in Santos he is a bit of a show off because of Brazilian football culture and the fact that he is the biggest star and he can do that just because. In Barca he will have to work hard on his body, because even in those vids I can see him being tackled away by some defenders so easily, he just can't keep balance like Messi when he's being constantly kicked by defenders.

Stric

I can see Neymar giving everyone huge headaches if he comes. He'll take Sanchez's diving king crown away from him in no time.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Messi: "Neymar's arrival would be important for us. We don't know if he'll come or not, but he is a great player, who can change games and very strong on 1-on-1's."

Messi knows he'll benefit too from having a player of Neymar's abilities. For most time, trying to combine with Villa, Alexis or Pedro must be frustrating for him.
Seen Tello wreaking havoc on that left side with his speed and passes? That's the taste of things to come should we sign Neymar.

PaCmAn

Wheres it say it be confirmed today? Just mentions Messi and how he would like Neymar at Barca?

This is dragging on.

USWAY

Whilst this is even close to as bad as the Cesc saga, I do wish we could wrap up transfers quicker, like how Gotze signed for Bayern out of nowhere.

rafals

MD reports that Barca have made a 20m offer and AS says a deal is not even close yet......... dear lord let this be true, let it be official today!

Multiple sources from this week have mentioned that today it might be announced oficially. Let's just wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans