Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadentheman

So Neymar wants the deal done. I guess he's not coming till after 2014, but he wants Barca to claim him just in case. I still stand by what I said about Confederations Cup guys.

JamDav1982

OK so Neymar is not as good as Ronaldinho when he signed for Barcelona, just leave it at that.

I dont think anyone believes that anyway but thanks for letting us know.

However in comparison to this stage in their career - what big games had Ronaldinho influenced?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What is the point of Barcelona paying for him now so he can come in 2014 when they could just wait till then and get him cheaper/for free.

Just to have that peace of mind, just in case Neymar is intercepted and grabbed by some other clubs such as Bayern and RM before summer 2014.

R

reaper

OK so Neymar is not as good as Ronaldinho when he signed for Barcelona, just leave it at that.

I dont think anyone believes that anyway but thanks for letting us know.

However in comparison to this stage in their career - what big games had Ronaldinho influenced?

Well I dont believe everyone believes Neymar is better that Ronnie at the same stage in their career to directly counter what you just said. But I respect once again your previously highlighted style is 'anyone' or 'no one' and I accept your need to exaggerate and yet to be 'honest' too.

Secondly, in answer to your question. The most difficult games in my opinion (warning just to reiterate, this is my own opinion and I am not replying to what someone or anyone said on this thread or anyother..) is competitive internationals. I have watched many games in the Brasileirao on TV and at the stadiums and the defending is atrocious as it is in international friendlies where Neymar has flourished and been given a massive amount of games - correctly so - also my opinion.. So I judge international competitive games.

At 22 Ronaldinho had 6 goals in the confed cup and 2 world cup goals - (one match winning against England in the quarter final (Brazil won that WC)). He also scored in Brazil's victorious Copa América Championship campaign. He also had assists in these tournaments.

Neymar is over half a year away from being 22. So far he has 2 goals in the copa america and no assists and no trophies of the tournaments Ronnie had. So just 2 competitive goals for Brazil....However he has many goals in friendlies including 3 against china, 1 against Iraq, 2 against Japan, 1 against Costa Rica 2 against the USA and 2 against scotland to name a few and all these have been friendlies just to repeat. That is already over half of his total goals for Brazil. He has also scored against far better teams but as you can see, only in friendlies besides the 2 copa goals. The good competitive defences in serious games mark him out quite effectively. This however does not mean he wont be a billion times better than Tello (no one said that exact statement or denied that exact statement, I am just making it by myself).

Last edited:

CatalinR10

Neymar da Silva (father): "I won't accept Santos organizing an auction while my son focuses on the Confederations Cup. This story has ended"

i_bleed_blaugrana

While he wasn't as seasoned and matured as Dinho was when he came, I would argue that both are on a very similar level. Regardless, Neymar will have a positive impact on the team.

@jaden, couldn't agree more, Neymar sr seems to be the only person who is keeping this deal from happening which is rather frustrating...I'm not sure whether or not ill know to laugh or cry if Neymar tears his ACL during the Confed cup and the deal isn't made.

Jadentheman

I think he worries that his son might flop in Europe. He said he doesn't really think Neymar is ready and should wait another year. Although I can see his love of money will change his mind quickly lol

Butaan4barca

Neymar Sr. is complicating things. This is why I dislike family members as like agents and spokespeople.

How is that complicating things ? it just directly supporting barca's cause. Santos are trying to bring in other bidders so the price can go up or pressurize barca to increase their offer. In Return Neymar's father is spot on, telling straight away that this ain't happening. Meaning he is telling santos to figure out things with barca only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans