Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Who has said anything about him being as good as Ronaldinho when he signed?

However he has achieved more at this stage of his career than Ronaldinho and has a lot of the same qualities.

+1

He very easily could develop into being our next Ronaldinho. I also have a feeling he could bring the best out of Thiago

R

reaper

However he has achieved more at this stage of his career than Ronaldinho and has a lot of the same qualities.

No one said that. People were comparing him to ronaldinho however, so I was brave enough to say he is not a complete a player as the ronaldinho who arrived in Barcelona. I dont think it was a diva move on my part to make that statement or sensational enough to get your response. It just shows neymar has a long way to go.

Also I think he has little in common with ronaldinho in style of play, physic and character, but i am only basing that on having watched them both play live in Belo Horizonte and Barcelona. I am sure there is a chance in private they both play identically but i think the chances are slim.

Finally you stated Neymar has achieved more than Ronaldinho at the same stage. Now that is a strong and confident statement, lets investigate! By 22 Ronaldino had a copa america and a world cup for brazil with about 8-9 goals in competitive games (non friendlies). Neymar is 22 early next year and has no cups senior cups with Brazil and only 2 competitive goals.

I think Neymar would be a good addition to barcelona. I would put him where tello pretends he can play..

Last edited:

Armando929

We have the leverage on Santos since Neymar wants to come to Barca. There's no need to break the bank.

At the same time, Neymar will not force the move. Cesc forced Arsenal to sell him when he came to us but its clear Neymar won't go that route which is understandable. He clearly doesn't want to leave through the back door. I think he'd be happy to stay one more season there and then make his move once the World Cup comes around.

We should concentrate on getting a defender and goal keeper now.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
According to reputed, reliable journos,

Neymar wants the Barca deal done before he joins the Brazil Con. Cup traning camp next week Tuesday, though now it seems like he's coming in 2014 instead lol.

JamDav1982

No one said that. People were comparing him to ronaldinho however, so I was brave enough to say he is not a complete a player as the ronaldinho who arrived in Barcelona. I dont think it was a diva move on my part to make that statement or sensational enough to get your response. It just shows neymar has a long way to go.

Also I think he has little in common with ronaldinho in style of play, physic and character, but i am only basing that on having watched them both play live in Belo Horizonte and Barcelona. I am sure there is a chance in private they both play identically but i think the chances are slim.

Honestly have not heard that many people compare him to Ronaldinho at all.

In no way did I claim they are identical either, rather that they do have some of the same qualities in terms of where they play. The way they they can stop to a stand still and do a player with quick feet and a change of pace and both have the ability to cut in and pick a pass on their right peg.

El Guaje

According to reputed, reliable journos,

Neymar wants the Barca deal done before he joins the Brazil Con. Cup traning camp next week Tuesday, though now it seems like he's coming in 2014 instead lol.

If he wants the deal done before then, it means he hopefully will put pressure on Santos and force the deal to go through.
Guess we'll have to wait and see if there will be a deal by then, 4 days to go. Im still 99,99% sure that Neymar is comming this summer because he himself wants to and Santos would rather make some millions now instead of getting nothing at all next summer. They are just trying to milk out as much money as possible, so theyre playing hard atm.

i_bleed_blaugrana

What are the key differences you see between Neymar and Dinho BEFORE he came to PSG?

It's not even fair to compare PSG Dinho to Neymar now. If he had gone over to Europe at the same time Dinho had, I think he would be even better than Dinho would have been but that's pure speculation on my part. If he stays more focused than Dinho did when he was at Barca, I think he could be better than Dinho.

But I think him and Neymar are rather identical to how they play. Neymar dribbles more like Robinho with his quickness but he has the creativity with his passing like Dinho has. Pretty nice combo and I would argue that Neymar is a touch quicker than Dinho was, yet Dinho had more muscle and power behind him as well.

Both play very similarly tho

R

reaper

What are the key differences you see between Neymar and Dinho BEFORE he came to PSG?

Build, strength in dribble, strength in shielding the ball and quality/ goals scored in serious competitive games.

It's not even fair to compare PSG Dinho to Neymar now.

Direct that statement to this fellow:

However he has achieved more at this stage of his career than Ronaldinho

Last edited:
R

reaper

Not all that much on here though.

Which makes it strange to bring up a point about him not being as good as Ronaldinho when he signed when no one is even claiming it anyway.

Not strange, people have compared the two even on this thread of over 8000 posts and all over the net. Can just go through them if it keeps you up at night and find them for yourself. (PS before you try your usual style of 'I never said bla bla...' I am not saying it is keeping you up at night, just if it is, please feel free to browse this 8000+ post thread and find the comparisons). ;)

JamDav1982

Not strange, people have compared the two even on this thread of over 8000 posts and all over the net. Can just go through them if it keeps you up at night and find them for yourself. (PS before you try your usual style of 'I never said bla bla...' I am not saying it is keeping you up at night, just if it is, please feel free to browse this 8000+ post thread and find the comparisons).

Can barely make sense of that to be honest. My usual style?

No one has said that Neymar is as good as Ronaldinho was when he signed for Barcelona. You came up with that yourself.

R

reaper

I never said anyone said Neymar is as good as Ronaldinho was when he signed for Barcelona. Re-read, i'll wait here. We have now made a circle!

I said comparisons between the two were made and that prompted my statement. As for your 'usual style' it is this, let me show you:

Can barely make sense of that to be honest. My usual style?

No one has said that Neymar is as good as Ronaldinho was when he signed for Barcelona. You came up with that yourself.

I never said anyone did, just that there were comparisons, remember? So I made my statement comparing the two, not rocket science..

Not all that much on here though.

Which makes it strange to bring up a point about him not being as good as Ronaldinho when he signed when no one is even claiming it anyway.

Never said anyone was..

No one, I just said comparisons were made and I made my own statement. See your style now? ''no one ever said..bla bla..I never said,,bla bla..who said anything'
It is always no one ever said!! Sometimes people just say and compare and sometimes people add their own opinion to what people said, say and compare! Mine was that neymar is not as good as Ronaldinho at the same stage as I believe Neymar is *% hype as the international competitive games prove, that is all. I didnt need someone to say Neymar is better than Ronnie to make that statement according to the laws of normal conversation, do I? :eusa_think: :lol: If you believe no comparisons have been made of these players on this thread, that is untrue, if you believe not enough have been made for me to make my statement, I humbly disagree. You then in turn said you believed Neymar has achieved more at his age than ronnie did at the same age. I humbly disagree with yet another statement comparing the two.

The other stylistic thing is honesty and trust me, I believe your honesty!!!

Can barely make sense of that to be honest.

Honestly have not heard that many people compare him to Ronaldinho at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans