Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvocadoCake

Neymar Sr. is complicating things. This is why I dislike family members as like agents and spokespeople.

Couldn't agree less. Family members as agents insures he does what's best for the player, rather than his pocket. He's not happy with how Santos want to tempt other clubs (that Neymar Jr isn't interested in joining) to come in and raise his price, this comment is good for us rather than bad. Especially considering
If Santos don't accept Barcelona's final 23M bid, Neymar will sign a pre-deal in January and join Barcelona after the World Cup. [estadao]

rafals

At 22 Ronaldinho had 6 goals in the confed cup and 2 world cup goals - (one match winning against England in the quarter final (Brazil won that WC)). He also scored in Brazil's victorious Copa América Championship campaign. He also had assists in these tournaments.
Just to make things clear - such arguments mean nothing, absolutely nothing. Not only it doesn't matter, but you can't even clarify who was better at that stage. Just a simple example - look at Messi's performances at the same age. Did it mean that he had lower potential? Did it mean that he was worse in any way? No, it meant that he still needed some time and learn to cooperate with his fellow compatriots while the whole team was very weak. And now he's said to be the greatest of all time.
I said that just to prove my point, I'm not even going to argue and decide who was better because it all depends on the whole team, not just one player.

Couldn't agree less. Family members as agents insures he does what's best for the player, rather than his pocket. He's not happy with how Santos want to tempt other clubs (that Neymar Jr isn't interested in joining) to come in and raise his price, this comment is good for us rather than bad. Especially considering

I agree, I think that what he said right there was because he is frustrated that while it's rather obvious that Neymar only wants to join us, Santos considers selling him to another team which would pay some more money that Barca offers. He cares about his son's wish at by saying that.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Well I dont believe everyone believes Neymar is better that Ronnie at the same stage in their career to directly counter what you just said. But I respect once again your previously highlighted style is 'anyone' or 'no one' and I accept your need to exaggerate and yet to be 'honest' too.

Secondly, in answer to your question. The most difficult games in my opinion (warning just to reiterate, this is my own opinion and I am not replying to what someone or anyone said on this thread or anyother..) is competitive internationals. I have watched many games in the Brasileirao on TV and at the stadiums and the defending is atrocious as it is in international friendlies where Neymar has flourished and been given a massive amount of games - correctly so - also my opinion.. So I judge international competitive games.

At 22 Ronaldinho had 6 goals in the confed cup and 2 world cup goals - (one match winning against England in the quarter final (Brazil won that WC)). He also scored in Brazil's victorious Copa América Championship campaign. He also had assists in these tournaments.

Neymar is over half a year away from being 22. So far he has 2 goals in the copa america and no assists and no trophies of the tournaments Ronnie had. So just 2 competitive goals for Brazil....However he has many goals in friendlies including 3 against china, 1 against Iraq, 2 against Japan, 1 against Costa Rica 2 against the USA and 2 against scotland to name a few and all these have been friendlies just to repeat. That is already over half of his total goals for Brazil. He has also scored against far better teams but as you can see, only in friendlies besides the 2 copa goals. The good competitive defences in serious games mark him out quite effectively. This however does not mean he wont be a billion times better than Tello (no one said that exact statement or denied that exact statement, I am just making it by myself).

At this age Ronaldinho was beginning his move into europe.

Both had played a Copa America and an Olypmics - Neymar has more goals and assists in these two tournaments than Ronaldinho did.

Neymar is also twice South American player of the year and voted in the top ten players in the world.

Without doubt he has achieved more in his career by this age than Ronaldinho did. Will he go on to be the better player? Who knows but comparing them at this stage is in Neymars favour.

Edman

@GuillemBalague: "R.Madrid willing 2 stop the transfer of Neymar 2 Barcelona with 100m euros. At the Camp Nou, confident he will honour the agreement with FCB."

Balague...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This is just getting more and more ridiculous :lol:

Barcelona negotiator Sanllehi has, contrary to reports last night, not returned. In the end he stays in Brazil for further Neymar talks

Tomchin

Barcelona negotiator Sanllehi has, contrary to reports last night, not returned. In the end he stays in Brazil for further Neymar talks [md]

Good. I want this saga be over asap, so that we can start focussing on other transfer-targets (CB and GK)

F

Flavia

Santos is probably saying rm want Neymar, when they don't, to try to make Barça pay more... They'll sign Bale. DIS want the deal closed asap too, according to Uol.

JamDav1982

I think he worries that his son might flop in Europe. He said he doesn't really think Neymar is ready and should wait another year. Although I can see his love of money will change his mind quickly lol

It doesnt sound like that the father has that worry at all to me.

It is more that by saying that they are willing to leave for free in a year he is putting the pressure on Santos to get a deal done.

There is no way they want him to be in Brazil for another year.

rafals

Hamzah

High Definition Member
If he comes next Summer it's not a big deal. We're building a new generation and if it means we secure a good cb and gk then fine. Not winning the cl next year is fine if it means we can win trophies in the years after

It also means we keep some of our money

raskolnikov

This whole deal is ridiculous, everyone wants to get paid. We will probably end up paying 60+ mil for Neymar and for the rest only get Reina and Vermaelen.
Only because of Rosell with his annoying Nike Brazil marketing obsession.

Butaan4barca

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ar-sale-expected-by-group-who-own-Brazil-star

He says that he wants 30m for only 40% of Neymar ?
It means that Santos want something like 40m and the last 5% 3m ?

I really do not understand this deal...

Again this is in Barca's favor. The sponsors ask for the return on investment they made. Which means they have made it clear to Santos that not selling and letting him go next year isn't an option. Which will pressurize Santos from another side, weakening their position on the table.

30 million figure is crap. Barca representatives i think are doing a wonderful job so far. Using all the neccessary tactics. If we play 20 for 55% (to santos) the whole deal will be around 36.3m or so. Good value for neymar, (considering his actual inflated value to be around 60m or so) if it wasn't his last year of contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans