Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rival

Well rumors keep spreading, latest I have seen:

DIS ceo R.Moreno: "Neymar will be a Barça player in 10 days maximum. We just want €30M and we're sure we'll get it." [UOL]

I can't imagine the 'other parties' involved would not want him to be sold, as they'll basically receive no money otherwise right? Or am I missing something here?

JamDav1982

Paying big bucks for a player they dont really need (We have Tello)
Hyping him as if he's the 2nd coming of Messi
Getting distracted from the main priorities(CB,GK)

Tello is nowhere near the same class as Neymar and is not the type at the moment to break down tight well organised defences.
Who has mentioned him as the second coming of Messi?
The toothless attack other than Messi is just as big an issue as the defence.

No idea why any Barcelona fan would find it hilarious for him to fail.

That just seems that you want him to fail, which is strange.

Cule4life

The Culest
Tello is nowhere near the same class as Neymar and is not the type at the moment to break down tight well organised defences.
Who has mentioned him as the second coming of Messi?
The toothless attack other than Messi is just as big an issue as the defence.

No idea why any Barcelona fan would find it hilarious for him to fail.

That just seems that you want him to fail, which is strange.

Notice i actually wrote hilarious/sad meaning
Sad-For Barca fans
Hilarious-For outsiders

I dont want Neymar to fail just think hes too much of a risk. I'd rather have Reus/Suarez

JamDav1982

Notice i actually wrote hilarious/sad meaning
Sad-For Barca fans
Hilarious-For outsiders

I dont want Neymar to fail just think hes too much of a risk. I'd rather have Reus/Suarez

I would have Neymar ahead of either of them two, he has the potential to be a phenomenal player and has everything Barca are lacking.

Pepe Silvia

I would tend to agree with Jam. All is missing for Neymar is muscle, something that can be solved over summers in the weight room. Look at Kobe Bryant for example of before/after. Also his diving and antics, which to be clear, can only be solved if his teammates/coaches go in on him but that's not looking promising as Alexis kept doing it over the course of two years without slowing down. Maybe Neymar will have it better with a few Brazilians in the squad to show him that brotherly love and get him up to speed on how things run in Europe.

Barca8

I would have Neymar ahead of either of them two, he has the potential to be a phenomenal player and has everything Barca are lacking.

This ^^^ comment pretty much defines my annoyance with the whole deal. Everyone is entitled to their opinion... but what has Neymar done to make anyone think he's a better buy than Reus, Hazard, Bale, El Shaarawy, or even Lamela is beyond me. The hype the Brazilian media & Pele are spewing out is seriously unwarranted and ridiculous... It's a hard to respect a guy (Pele) when he says a guy who's won nothing is better than the 4 time Ballon D'or winner (Messi).

I don't dislike Neymar and as with anyone who wears the Blaugrana shirt, if he joins I will support him and hope he's successful. If he can transfer his skills into our style of like Dinho then it will be great for all of us (management, players, fans). But this circus of saying he's already better than players who play and have done well in the Champions League, who have done well in the big Leagues of Europe, to say he's worth more $$$ than them is just stupid. The bullshit meter on this whole deal is off the charts.

ShandyFFM

..i see us ending up with fontas bartra and some unknown cb and other teams spending big monry..for bale,isco,lewandowski,rooney,nani,hummels,etc and perhaps neymar...just pay the 25mil he will be worth it just imagine the media hype and the marketing money we get from him..this will be huge.if i remember correct madrid sold so many cr7 kits in just one year they got their 100mil back easily

JamDav1982

This ^^^ comment pretty much defines my annoyance with the whole deal. Everyone is entitled to their opinion... but what has Neymar done to make anyone think he's a better buy than Reus, Hazard, Bale, El Shaarawy, or even Lamela is beyond me. The hype the Brazilian media & Pele are spewing out is seriously unwarranted and ridiculous... It's a hard to respect a guy (Pele) when he says a guy who's won nothing is better than the 4 time Ballon D'or winner (Messi).

I don't dislike Neymar and as with anyone who wears the Blaugrana shirt, if he joins I will support him and hope he's successful. If he can transfer his skills into our style of like Dinho then it will be great for all of us (management, players, fans). But this circus of saying he's already better than players who play and have done well in the Champions League, who have done well in the big Leagues of Europe, to say he's worth more $$$ than them is just stupid. The bullshit meter on this whole deal is off the charts.

Why get bothered by what Pele says? He is deluded and cant handle how good Messi is. Neymar himself is the first to admit Messi is the best in the world and his idol.

I am 100% confident he is in a different class to El Shaaraway and Lamela. As for the others they are great players but personally I feel Neymar is better than them and more suited to what Barcelona need.

Time will tell who of those players will go down in history as the better players. My money is on Neymar.

F

Flavia

Neymar led Santos to a libertadores title, which is not easy to win, by any means. And if you watch him play regularly, you'd see he's a very, very good player. And for the money offered so far, he'll be a great addition. That was my only concern, but he's not gonna cost 50 mi. Lamela and El Shaarawy are not as good as he is. Bale wouldn't fit in Barça's system, and I have my doubts where Hazard would play. I'd welcome Reus, he's great. But any of reus or neymar would be great for Barça.

Barca8

Those are posts I can respect. In the last 2 weeks there's been a lot of really ridiculous comments around the news.
I wasn't bothered by Pele's comments, just saying it's hard to respect him with comments like that lol.

Reus would be my first choice also but scoring 16 & 15 goals like El Shaarawy & Lamela did in a defensive league like Serie A is no small feat.

ShandyFFM

i guess santos wants to wait until the confedcup is finished so everyone might see he good neyma has been there and santos will get more offers from clubs with more money than barca... or barca needs to put more money on the table because neymar has done well at the confedcup...

i_bleed_blaugrana

I understand your gripes and in some aspects I agree with you, particularly with the whole hype by the media about a) him being the successor to Messi and b) this entire transfer saga. All this drama with his father and the corporate aspect of the deal is mind-numbing.

The problem is a lot of this is just surrounding Neymar while he himself gets bashed on bc people are annoyed by the mess around him that he doesn't contribute to. Put yourself in his shoes: as a 21 year old, you have the entire weight of a nation on your shoulders. He is constantly swarmed by the media, answering ridiculous questions just so the media can sell. It's gotta be really trying...

But despite all of this mess, his talent proves why he is worth it. The guy had that magic touch that will light up Europe.

Don't get me wrong, all those players you listed are the next generation who will be on top of the world. But Neymar will show why he is better than them all when he comes to Europe.

He is better suited to our game better than all of those players bc of his technique and his vision. He sees the field creatively the same way our players do now.

Reus, Bale, Hazard are all great players but are more suited to a faster, counter-attacking style of play while we use our technique, creativity and possession define our style. It's why we will always be superior ultimately bc that is the core components of football.

He has all the talent and all the potential.

R

reaper

I would tend to agree with Jam. All is missing for Neymar is muscle, something that can be solved over summers in the weight room.

Barcelona dont have a weights room, look at affelay, dani alves and Bartra. :blush:

Neymar is no where near Ronaldinho's level when he signed for us.

JamDav1982

Barcelona dont have a weights room, look at affelay, dani alves and Bartra. :blush:

Neymar is no where near Ronaldinho's level when he signed for us.

Who has said anything about him being as good as Ronaldinho when he signed?

However he has achieved more at this stage of his career than Ronaldinho and has a lot of the same qualities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans