Nico Gonzalez

Andresito

Staff member
He's going to come back in 2023 to break Busquets' legs after a year with Gattuso. Lucky Busi is leaving after the season.

gregorrin10

Didn't watch them but I think they've mostly used 4-3-3 in preseason with Soler, Musah and Guillamon in midfield. They really don't have any depth behind them though besides Račić and unproven Mestalla kids.

So think they're probably looking to sign two more midfielders (or three if Soler leaves), they're also interested in our boy :arthur:

FZq2ducXoAIETh5

They can't afford Arthur's wages, Gattuso already confirmed. That move is dead. Right now they're most interested in Nico and Bryan Gil, but he's for the wings anyway. Soler, Račič, Guillamon, Nico and I think they might get one more CM until the end of the window. Hopefully Nico breaks through and becomes a starter, like Gattuso reportedly promised him, before he accepted the move.

gregorrin10

I actually like this move. Sure I would've liked a less turmoil club like Betis or Celta, but at least it's not some relegation fodder team, like we've been sending some of our players in the past to those teams and that being a total bust. Valencia is at least a stable La Liga team, competitively speaking. And with Busi still here he wouldn't have gotten enough playing time anyway. Hopefully Gattuso keeps his promise and makes him a starter, and that a loan finally works out for one of our youngsters. Same with Balde, since he'll probably leave on loan as well. Him and Nico could be a big part of our future, but they need to keep developing in the upwards trajectory on loan this season.

And next summer Nico comes back and hopefully becomes the permanent backup to a CDM we buy. And they replace Busquets and Pjanic, who both hopefully leave. It does make me worried for our CDM spot this season, with only them snails there, but hopefully we can control most games so much that it won't even matter and that their lack of speed won't kill us. In the right kind of system Busquets can still be at least serviceable, but he really needs top players around him. And if we also get Bernardo, he will have top players behind and in front of him. Plus I still retain the hope either De Jong (if he stays) or Kessie can be tried there and excel, or that Xavi even tries a double pivot, at least in some games.

FinBarcelonafan

Good luck but i have serious doubt.

Btw, if other coaches do this, Masia fans will call them a bum for neglecting young player. With Xavi it's fine.

Turn out Koeman actually was the coach that used young players most, crazy.

I think Koeman was the best coach for young players. He wasn't very good for old players. Maybe gave them too much freedom or trusted them?

fergus90

I wouldn't worry about the team he's going to. Fede Valverde went to Deportivo for a season and they got relegated. Came back a much better player.

For him at 20 years old. it's a great move for him and his development. Assuming he gets sufficient gametime.

Because of the La Masia bias that Barca fans have. they assume it's got to be youth team through to the first but so many top players get loaned when they are young, Valverde, Kroos, Carvajal, Lahm, Terry, Lampard, Ferdinand and there's countless other examples.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I wouldn't worry about the team he's going to. Fede Valverde went to Deportivo for a season and they got relegated. Came back a much better player.

For him at 20 years old. it's a great move for him and his development. Assuming he gets sufficient gametime.

Because of the La Masia bias that Barca fans have. they assume it's got to be youth team through to the first but so many top players get loaned when they are young, Valverde, Kroos, Carvajal, Lahm, Terry, Lampard, Ferdinand and there's countless other examples.

Barca simply failed to get impact player after a loan, and we have done it dozens of times.
Rafinha and Denis Suarez were the best results, which isn't that encouraging although there is always "what could have been " factor with Rafinha after the brutal injury that ended his potential (although even as a veteran, he lacked a lot in positioning)

Isaac Cuenca is also another case of bad injury ruining him, but doubt he was going to be more than a good back up fir couple of years.

Not saying loan is bad, but historically we failed to execute it properly

Andresito

Staff member
Already posted a goodbye message on Instagram. But it's still not official.

Good luck to him. Will be interesting to follow.

Messi983

Loan official now, also renewed until 2026.

[tw]1558370960306311168[/tw]

https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/1558370960306311168

Good luck and hope he comes back a better player. Also a good example for likes of Mavericky with his attitude wanting to go out and prove himself playing regularly in another club instead of rooting on the bench here.

Xavi: "Nico? He came to talk to me and I asked him to stay at the club. He insisted to me that he wanted to leave Bar?a to play a lot of games, he said he had found a team where he could play a lot."

fergus90

Very good decision on his part. He’s going to get at least 30 league games at Valencia, not a chance he would have had that here in his crucial development years. Best of luck to him!

Porque

Nico has a Busquets clause in his contract, if Busquets decides to renew then Nico's loan with Valencia get's automatically extended another season [MadeUpButProbablyTrue - aka Sport]

Birdy

Bold move, he actively looked himself for the loan move that is better for his career

The kid shows that he has some balls in him, contrary to entitled LaMasia pricks like Mavericky

Good luck baller, and I expect you back in the squad ready to start in DM for the 23/24 season

Home of Barca Fans