Nico Williams

companyofcules

The Olymics added nothing to his value and PSG wanted Nico.
That's your opinion based on nothing. I didn't see something serious about Nico and PSG, just rumors from abroad probably to force Laporta's hand while PSG used them to negociate salaries at best. :)) You read too much garbage. By the way PSG and Barcelona had recently made a nonagresion pact acording to the same bulshiters.

JamDav1982

That's your opinion based on nothing. I didn't see something serious about Nico and PSG, just rumors from abroad probably to force Laporta's hand while PSG used them to negociate salaries at best. :)) You read too much garbage. By the way PSG and Barcelona had recently made a nonagresion pact acording to the same bulshiters.

Nah its your opinion the opposite.

He started about one game and scored one goal.

Calma.

jamrock

I am saying that a player can score a goal and assist, and be useless for the other 89 mins. And be vastly outperformed by someone who didn't get a goal or assist.

Arguments like that would never rate Iniesta as a top player as he wasn't a stats merchant.

It's the McTominay, post-prime Ronaldo or Rashford special - be a total hindrance to the team for most of the game, but then get a goal from a shot or run into the box and the narrative is now that he 'won the game'.

A lot has to happen for a goal to occur, and often the guy who makes one of the last two contacts before the goal didn't have the hardest part.

I don't go by such logic. If you do, more power to you.

I'm not evening gonna get into too much of a debate on this with you, because this is the point when trying to be a football purist,turns into being a football hippie.

What makes Iniesta great isn't that he played well and had no impact, it's the combination of the two.

Raphinha 15 point winning contribution, came in games where their was no Iniesta/Xavi, not literally but in the sense of a player that was playing way better that others, they game when Barcelona were struggling to win games, not playing particularly well and time and again, he game up with VITAL goals and assist.

You're having a philosophical debate of a Iniesta vs lampard.

This isn't that,that is simply a player consistently showing up, at a time his team needed it, to help them win their first league title in 4 years, it didn't make him the best player in the history of human civilization,the consistency of it, simply teams us, it's wasn't a fluke

JamDav1982

Applying Jamrock logic.

FDJ 'won' Barca 9 points' from largely DM that league win season with goals/assists.

Raphinha that attacking player only 'won' 6 points more? Poor.

Applying Jamrock logic.. Barca out of CL group in 23/24 without Torres goals.

Top stuff.

Also the maths is numpty level anyway.. when realise Barca get 1 point for a draw.

But what can you expect.

M3ls

Barcola
But has no numbers either and is less physical, but very agile and 1v1 is better.
PSG has two players on each side that can compete Nico. Dumbele is not inferior in space.

I don't see Nico getting ahead of Olmo or Raphinha in the day to day muddy trench warfare of Barcelona.
He would risk his career in Barcelona.
We want to pay money for wide wingers while crying everyday Raphinha is just a wide winger and not Ronaldinho.
You can't write this stupidity.
Barcelona needs players that can play in 1m2 space in the majority of the games. When you play teams that can dominate you or put you in trouble fast players are needed regardless of their tehnical ability, but we already have one or two and the market is full of them.

I also rate Barcola higher than Niсo. But the fact is that PSG will not sell this guy to us.

companyofcules

Nah its your opinion the opposite.

He started about one game and scored one goal.

Calma.
I was talking about PSG going after Nico. Is more like the tabloids going after Nico to make Laporta act. In france the serious press ignored the drama or at best used very vague terminology.
As for the price, it's oil QSG, has some trilions in budget.

jamrock

The original line when the forum pointed out how important raphinha contributions were, in the title winning season, was

"Anyone we signed would have been there to do that" some marvel multiverse line of thinking.

Now it's Torres scored goals in the CL group stage.

SMH.

Maradona37

I'm not evening gonna get into too much of a debate on this with you, because this is the point when trying to be a football purist,turns into being a football hippie.

What makes Iniesta great isn't that he played well and had no impact, it's the combination of the two.

Raphinha 15 point winning contribution, came in games where their was no Iniesta/Xavi, not literally but in the sense of a player that was playing way better that others, they game when Barcelona were struggling to win games, not playing particularly well and time and again, he game up with VITAL goals and assist.

You're having a philosophical debate of a Iniesta vs lampard.

This isn't that,that is simply a player consistently showing up, at a time his team needed it, to help them win their first league title in 4 years, it didn't make him the best player in the history of human civilization,the consistency of it, simply teams us, it's wasn't a fluke
I am not even referring to Raphinha, for all I know he played brilliantly and scored a lot of goals and assists to boots.

I am just making the very simple and should be easy to understand point that stats obsessed players are not necessarily the best players in the team. In fact, it's rare the biggest goalscorer in a team is the best player. It's generally the playmaker.

Nobody was obsessed with stats in the old days. If Muller and Beckenbauer were playing now the gen Z kids would be saying Gerd (underrated in all-round game, but no Franz) was much better because Franz 'doesn't score enough goals' :lol:

That doesn't make me a 'purist' or 'hippie' - it makes me what I am. A guy who has played football for almost four decades and knows that sometimes the weakest players in the team are the poachers who just live on the shoulder and finish chances while the better players do all the hard and technical and physical work. I have played with players who are like that up front. And the same can be true at infinitely higher levels of the game.

You have always seemed a good and intelligent poster to me so, frankly, it's bizarre that I have to explain such a rudimentary concept to you. Or that you are calling me a hippie for thinking that the best players in a team are not always the scorers.

JamDav1982

The original line when the forum pointed out how important raphinha contributions were, in the title winning season, was

"Anyone we signed would have been there to do that" some marvel multiverse line of thinking.

Now it's Torres scored goals in the CL group stage.

SMH.

Fake news.

Simply applying your logic.. Torres 'won' 6 points in CL group 23/24 which without Barca dont go through.

Same logic says FDJ 'won' 9 points from DM in the league winning title.

Shite maths but we can ignore that.

Jamrock logic = Barca out CL in group without Ferran.

Simples.

jamrock

I am not even referring to Raphinha, for all I know he played brilliantly and scored a lot of goals and assists to boots.

I am just making the very simple and should be easy to understand point that stats obsessed players are not necessarily the best players in the team. In fact, it's rare the biggest goalscorer in a team is the best player. It's generally the playmaker.

Nobody was obsessed with stats in the old days. If Muller and Beckenbauer were playing now the gen Z kids would be saying Gerd (underrated in all-round game, but no Franz) was much better because Franz 'doesn't score enough goals' :lol:

That doesn't make me a 'purist' or 'hippie' - it makes me what I am. A guy who has played football for almost four decades and knows that sometimes the weakest players in the team are the poachers who just live on the shoulder and finish chances while the better players do all the hard and technical and physical work. And the same can be true at infinitely higher levels of the game.

You have always seemed a good and intelligent poster to me so, frankly, it's bizarre that I have to explain such a rudimentary concept to you. Or that you are calling me a hippie for thinking that the best players in a team are not always the scorers.

So basically you are having a philosophical debate on football, like I said an Iniesta Vs Lampard debate is what your having

When raphinha winning US 15 points isn't that, even slightly.

JamDav1982

So basically you are having a philosophical debate on football, like I said an Iniesta Vs Lampard debate is what your having

Yes and FDJ 'won 9' from DM.

Ferran 'won' 6 to get Barca out the CL group.

Top stuff and top logic.

Again 15 points is poor maths.. but can keep with it.

FCMessi

WTF should Laporta do? Go to Bilbao and beg Nico to sign for us? Nico was top priority for Barca and Barca waited for him as much as possible. However, he couldn't make up his mind so Barca went for Olmo. If he wanted to come he would have said yes 2 weeks ago, before we signed Olmo. It's that simple, end of story, move on!
Just saying Laporta and NW might have been flip flopping too much.

If renewing Messi was not possible and Barca needed Messi to play for free - then be honest from the start.
Do NOT deceive people into believing renewing Messi was not a problem.

NW should have said Yes to Barca before Olmo was signed when NW was prioritized over Olmo.

If 1:1 No longer possible after Olmo signing given Olmo registration difficulties, then Laporta should have been Honest with NW and the Public that Barca will only be able to sign him next year or even later currently after Olmo signing.

Maradona37

Like I say, I am not even talking about Raphinha.

You quoted me with no mention of Raphinha and invited me to enter into a wider debate about qualitative vs quantitative. And that is what I did.

Then you called me a hippie.

Maradona37

I also never said stats aren't important.

I said that they're not the be all and end all as modern fans would often have you believe and that, yes, the eye test reigns supreme.

Stats would tell you there's not much between Penaldo and Messi. But watching them reveals a much greater truth.

People still thinking Raphinha the sri lankan cricket player have the level.

Even Ezquero was better than him, com'on guys, just kick him out of the club.

Home of Barca Fans