Nico Williams

Gazzznigga

Lol...suddenly, Nico is no longer the messiah on Barcaforum.

This may he very unpoular but dont care. Not the one for the mob/herd thinking thing and certainly not here to garner likes/friends.

When some myopic Barca fans were creaming themselves over Nico after the defeat of Barca at the 2024 CDR, i then took interest in wacthing him in details to see his fit and what he was about. Even with all the Euro hype, and while the whole forum was hallucinating, I called it out(several pages behind) that 1. He was not going to be a good fit for Barca and 2. Hype aside, he was not worth the the 60m especially for a broke club 3. He was not coming.......let me leave the replies then to your imagination.

From all the realistic options mentioned here so far(forget about Sane,Musialia or Kva because they're just pipe dreams...current Barca cant afford them in transfers and salaries) Mitoma and Lookman are a better fit....I guess they aren't popular choices for some other non football reasons. Whether they turn out to be a huge success at Barca is another conversation on its own.....but they have more skill set and styles to play in different formations/positions than Nico, his current hype notwithstanding

.......and i really like Nico as player, just dont think he has that exceptional traits to be more than what other much maligned wingers like Dembele or Depay were here....decent.!!

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans