Nico Williams

Messi983

Not included in Athletic's official presenentation of new kits. Probably not saying much but still worth mentioning.

And playing at Euros is not an excuse either since Unai Simon and Dani Vivian are also in Germany now.

camisetas-athletic.jpg

Porque

Kounde has improved his top speed alot. For how much we all criticise Deschamp offensively, he kept it super tight with minimal space defensively.

Lamine done better, but that was also because he had an offensive rightback in Navas to support. Cucurulla was super disciplined yesterday while also not having one of his better games.

So Nico had difficulties but the threat kept France very honest and they were fearful of over committing because of this.

khaled_a_d

Are we watching same player?

Yeah from tactical standpoint he stretches pitch. But produces close to nothing on the ball. Then does one thing then gets praised as if had very solid game. A lot of backpasses, failed take-ons, very poor crosses(almost always go way to wide), bad control.

Bojan is right. Better to put gun to raphinhas head and force him to play LW.

But don’t think he’s selfish btw. But his production is very low.

Don’t know what he would cost on wages and does have age in his favour. If cheap willing to gamble, but not excited at all so far.

Replacing Raphinha with Nico will be stupid, Raphinha is the superior player and arguably our best attacker.
The idea is that we need another winger, someone who makes the two winger position a three man rotation, between the new guy, Raphinha & Yamal, putting Torres as 4th option.

This is where the argument for Nico, at least mostly.
He isn't a WC and unlikely to be, but can he turn into a solid starting winger for a team like Barca? 60M should buy you solid starter, that's his price.

Maradona37

Not included in Athletic's official presenentation of new kits. Probably not saying much but still worth mentioning.

And playing at Euros is not an excuse either since Unai Simon and Dani Vivian are also in Germany now.

camisetas-athletic.jpg
Unai Simon looks like Luke Shaw there, in the face at least if not the body.

Porque

Replacing Raphinha with Nico will be stupid, Raphinha is the superior player and arguably our best attacker.
The idea is that we need another winger, someone who makes the two winger position a three man rotation, between the new guy, Raphinha & Yamal, putting Torres as 4th option.

He isn't a WC and unlikely to be, but can he turn into a solid starting winger for a team like Barca? 60M should buy you solid starter, that's his price.

Raphinha could play in the offensive midfield spot. The Olmo spot.

Lamine-Raphi-Nico
----Mr. Sandbag----

The obvious difference between Spain and Barca is that the 9 of Barca doesn't work hard enough off the ball, and that we signed Vitor for that role who doesn't seem to have the technical profiencies to pull it off.

Messi983

Exactly, I want Nico and keep Raphinha but that's probably not possible.

Will be hard to bench him but we need to manage Yamal's minutes next season.

vegitot

Was an interesting battle tbh. None of them dominated which I guess is a good sign given Nico comes here
Kounde won this battle though. Clearly an interesting duel. Like when Nico managed to nutmeg Kounde but he won the ball back immediately.

khaled_a_d

Exactly, I want Nico and keep Raphinha but that's probably not possible.

Will be hard to bench him but we need to manage Yamal's minutes next season.

We don't know what is the truth and what's not. If it isn't possible then keep Raphinha and see what the market offer next year

khaled_a_d

Raphinha could play in the offensive midfield spot. The Olmo spot.

Lamine-Raphi-Nico
----Mr. Sandbag----

The obvious difference between Spain and Barca is that the 9 of Barca doesn't work hard enough off the ball, and that we signed Vitor for that role who doesn't seem to have the technical profiencies to pull it off.

You can't compare us to NT tbh, different game
Also, Lewa is better goal scorer, our defense is better, among other things.
I would preferred Gundogan as AM, or Pedri, let Raphinha be a winger who moves inside.

Catta

For what it is worth, bought Nico on my FM save, was the clubs top scorer with 22 goals from the left wing.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
You can't compare us to NT tbh, different game
Also, Lewa is better goal scorer, our defense is better, among other things.
I would preferred Gundogan as AM, or Pedri, let Raphinha be a winger who moves inside.
One thing I realised after watching the last game. Morata is a worse no.9 compared to RL9 but he does a shit ton of defensive duties and stays in the mid longer. With Lewa, we should just forget about him tracking down or be better at the one-two-quick transition play in the mid.
Because of Morata, Pedri and Olmo gets more room in the middle, which we can't expect in Barca. Having Rafinha in the number 10 role would seriously handicap us, compared to Pedri/Gundo/Fermin in that position.
Nico coming will be a signal of Raphina leaving, and for this year I say because of that Nico will be a downgrade. If we can rotate Yamal/Nico/RL9/Raphina, and then wait until next season for Lewa to get reduced minutes so Raphinha can take over, maybe, but I don't think Raohinha will be that good of a striker and we will need a pure striker in place of Lewa.

Messi983

Morata is getting a lot of undeserved hate. Yes, he can't score (but neither can Polish tractor anymore) but still has legs, good workrate and movement.

Home of Barca Fans