Nico Williams

khaled_a_d

Question is how would the squad be if we spent the Roque money on a Xavi request like Aleix Garcia.

But this didn't happen.
Xavi approved Roque deal last summer, he wanted a DM n winter, but the money on Roque was already spent and registration of a new signing means a money we didn't have.

jamrock

Different prospective is so funny, if you start from laporta is bad prospective, then if we don't get our two main targets, which by all reports we have the finances to pay their transfer fee and don't sign any back up targets, it's laporta Is XYZ.

No mind you, we have fans who blamed barto for spending money, when he should have just held out and waiting for the right targets at the right price.

They also praised Perez for not just spending money on any ransom player, he goes for his targets, if he doesn't get them, he holds and tries again or takes a breathe to reassess.

If we don't get Olmo or Williams and the club says these are the players we believe will improve the team, we won't spend that cash on B and C options, that's the direction we want the club to go in, one would think.

Unless they is a dinho to the Beckham this summer, keep the money, at most sign a few inexpensive kids.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
One thing for sure, if we don't get Nico and Olmo and no one comes, then Laporta is talking cock about us being back to normal finances.

We all know Laporta cannot shut up being the annoying loudmouth cunt he is, but can we talk about Deco as well?

What has the guy actually done so far? He literally cannot tie down any signing. The only significant signing he has made so far is Vitor Roque who might turn out to be a massive flop if even Flick won’t play him.

All the guy does is swipe the club’s credit card for his countless meetings with players, their families and agents only for them to pick another club :lol:

khaled_a_d

We all know Laporta cannot shut up being the annoying loudmouth cunt he is, but can we talk about Deco as well?

What has the guy actually done so far? He literally cannot tie down any signing. The only significant signing he has made so far is Vitor Roque who might turn out to be a massive flop if even Flick won’t play him.

tbf, what could Deco do if we don't have the money. Technically Alemany is the one who made the Roque deal, although we know Deco was the brain for it.
But we lost Arda due to money, same with the Swedish guy, we are yet be able to show money for our targets. Which is essentially one player who is Basque and taking his time.
Deco so far is essentially untested tbh, you can't judge a SD based on one signing.

DonAK

tbf, what could Deco do if we don't have the money. Technically Alemany is the one who made the Roque deal, although we know Deco was the brain for it.
But we lost Arda due to money, same with the Swedish guy, we are yet be able to show money for our targets. Which is essentially one player who is Basque and taking his time.
Deco so far is essentially untested tbh, you can't judge a SD based on one signing.

That Belgian CB as well.

Probably the only SD so far that takes pictures with a player’s agents and family only to be rejected a day later.

khaled_a_d

That Belgian CB as well.

Probably the only SD so far that takes pictures with a player’s agents and family only to be rejected a day later.

I mean if we judge based on Barca B team, Darvish and Faye were good deals, at least the later.

jamrock

Can't blame deco too much, almost everyone he's missed out on, has been offered more money, we can't want the club to be sensible but then get upset when they do just that.

But he needs to seal one Target.

DonAK

Sensible not getting into an auction for a player, but yet not so sensible with their priorities sometimes.

It’s all just hilarious tbh lol.

I think he seals Olmo fwiw, but I don’t get it tbh when we have Gundogan, Pedri and supersub Fermin to play behind the striker. Potentially Raphinha as well.

Olmo seem to miss quite some time every year himself.

Birdy

Rumors that he decided to stay

I agree with the people above that we shouldn't spend Nico's money on any other LW right now.
No one comes close the skillset at the same price, and no need to bring mediocre players at lower price.

Ansu, Ferran, even Raphina (as he did this season) can play LW.
Besides, Lamine being the creative force, he needs runners making diagonal moves on the opposite flank, and all 3 above can do that.

Bigger problem for me right now is the CF hole with the oldie.
Don't think Flick intends to use Olmo as LW, but in 'the hole'

Nico's money I would only spend for a differential signing in position of need, like a Zubimendi at DM, or an Isaak at CF, something like that
which prob won't happen
Then keep the money

Maradona37

Nico is a must and now. Save us from Dani Olmo at LW please.
Olmo is a very good player as an attacking midfielder. But he's not a winger in a million years. He's not even a false winger ie an attacking midfielder coming off the side.

If he plays for a team I'd say he has to play behind a striker or as an advanced midfielder, exploiting that space between the defence and midfield and making runs into the box, knitting the play as he did at the Euros and all the other times I have seen him.

Playing him on the left just wastes his talent and won't be to the team's benefit either. It's a waste of time. So I agree with you.

malvolio

Olmo is a very good player as an attacking midfielder. But he's not a winger in a million years. He's not even a false winger ie an attacking midfielder coming off the side.

If he plays for a team I'd say he has to play behind a striker or as an advanced midfielder, exploiting that space between the defence and midfield and making runs into the box, knitting the play as he did at the Euros and all the other times I have seen him.

Playing him on the left just wastes his talent and won't be to the team's benefit either. It's a waste of time. So I agree with you.
He's a mediocre player, who are we kidding?! Even as an attacking midfielder, he's EL level or CL group stages level at best.

Maradona37

He's a mediocre player, who are we kidding?! Even as an attacking midfielder, he's EL level or CL group stages level at best.
I don't mean he's good enough for a CL team that goes deep into the knockouts. Even a EL level player can be a quality player imo. It's like how Dalot is a decent player but would get nowhere near a team battling for the PL or CL.

It's all relative - I agree he's not world class or anything, but there's a big gap between world-class and mediocre. Probably splitting hairs. I get the feeling you think I am implying he's a top level player, I'm not though.

Anyway he impresses me when I watch him. But as I said before I am probably fortunate to catch him on good days. I agree he's not good enough to radically change Barca's attacking fortunes. But he does have a fair bit of quality and would be a useful squad option, if Barca had that luxury.

Home of Barca Fans