Nico Williams

malvolio

How much games in Germany did you watch olmo play? How many his entire career outside of Spain? I'm guessing under 7?
Every time I saw him he wasn't that impressive to warrant the hassle of getting him. Unlike you or other morons in here I don't need to see 30-100 games of a player to have an opinion about his quality.
If we had like a stacked squad and we were bringing him for rotation, then yeah, I wouldn't mind him. But constantly signing players that won't take us anywhere ain't a good strategy.

Now do yourself a favour and fuck off, you retarded parakeet.

Last edited:

malvolio

Fair enough lol

I think mediocre is very harsh of him to say. He's a good player, on his day very good. Yes he's not one of the best players in the world, and isn't transformative like a world-class player would be, but he could do a good job as a supplementary player at a top club. However, I guess the transfer fees and potential wages being thrown around suggest a player capable of more than that and make it very difficult for Barca to sign him. I haven't kept up with the saga, though.

For what it's worth I don't think Williams is world-class either, and have doubts if he ever will be. But his style of play and position would help Barca a lot. They both fit in well for Spain - true it's only a month long tournament but they helped Spain do really well even if they aren't superstars individually. It's not always about someone being an amazing player, but how they fit into a team and how they gel. I think Olmo and/or Williams would fit in quite well at Barcelona.
That was also my point. Not worth spending those amounts on a player that gets you nowhere. I don't even know about his injury record, just judging him on what I saw over the years since he's been linked to Barca.

But if you're glad about building a squad of players that challenge for the EL, party away.

malvolio

Yes, I know YT highlights pick best moments.
But I have watched a few Leipzig games last season (CL + Bundesliga), where I can assure you he was their best player together with Simmons,
and the recent Euro, where he showed again he can play for any top team that wants to dominate the ball and break buses
Xavi Simmons, another idiot who'll reach 40 still be called a good prospect and still be linked to top clubs but never get anywhere.

It's retarded season on barcaforum?

Messi983

Yup, Ansu Fati the black Bran Stark and a Brazilian hobo who didn't even look good in YouTube videos prior to his transfer.

Enlighten me, genius!

I actually watch games not judge players from their YT videos.

You have zero patience with young players and compare 19 yo kids to prime Messi, lol. I'm sure when Yamal will start to go through some bad form (which will inevitably happen) you'll be among the first ones to call him overrated.

Youngsters need time and confidence from coaches to develop. They rarely get that here also because of "fans" like you who give up on players after three games. I'm sure if given enough playing time and stay fit (in Ansu's case) they would prove to be by far the best finishers in this team. And goal scorers don't grow on trees. We are in no position to bring a proven scorer so why not give a chance to two youngsters rather than continue playing Polish grandpa full 90 minutes every three days?

I would be fine keeping the team as it is. If Xavi was the main problem as most people believe then shouldn't be hard for Flick to finish 2nd in La Liga and get to CL quarter finals with the same team improved by return of longterm injured players (Balde, Gavi), loanees (Ansu, J. Araujo, Valle) and promotions from the B team (Pau Victor, Faye, Casado) to replace players who have left that were of no actual value for the team outside of maybe Cancelo. Players like Yamal, Cubarsi, Fermin and Fort are also better and with more experience on a top level than a year ago. So we already have an improved team without signing anyone.

Messi983

Sensible not getting into an auction for a player, but yet not so sensible with their priorities sometimes.

It’s all just hilarious tbh lol.

I think he seals Olmo fwiw, but I don’t get it tbh when we have Gundogan, Pedri and supersub Fermin to play behind the striker. Potentially Raphinha as well.

Olmo seem to miss quite some time every year himself.

Only way the Olmo signing would make sense is if they sell Gundo to Qatar (don't think he wants to leave) and Flick plans to use Pedri deeper in a double pivot.

malvolio

I actually watch games not judge players from their YT videos.

You have zero patience with young players and compare 19 yo kids to prime Messi, lol. I'm sure when Yamal will start to go through some bad form (which will inevitably happen) you'll be among the first ones to call him overrated.

Youngsters need time and confidence from coaches to develop. They rarely get that here also because of "fans" like you who give up on players after three games. I'm sure if given enough playing time and stay fit (in Ansu's case) they would prove to be by far the best finishers in this team. And goal scorers don't grow on trees. We are in no position to bring a proven scorer so why not give a chance to two youngsters rather than continue playing Polish grandpa full 90 minutes every three days?

I would be fine keeping the team as it is. If Xavi was the main problem as most people believe then shouldn't be hard for Flick to finish 2nd in La Liga and get to CL quarter finals with the same team improved by return of longterm injured players (Balde, Gavi), loanees (Ansu, J. Araujo, Valle) and promotions from the B team (Pau Victor, Faye, Casado) to replace players who have left that were of no actual value for the team outside of maybe Cancelo. Players like Yamal, Cubarsi, Fermin and Fort are also better and with more experience on a top level than a year ago. So we already have an improved team without signing anyone.
Oh, you actually watch games don't you? :lol:

Ansu Fati is done and dusted. Stop beating a dead horse. It's like you want to appear knowledgeable or something by trying to polish a turd and talking about comparisons with Messi and how youngsters need time.
Roque didn't even look good on YouTube reels, what's the point of waiting on him when he's clearly another transfer flop?
I get it we don't have the money right now, but let's not pretend some players are better than they are because we're poor.

Squad was also shite, of course it wasn't all about Xavi. And we're in a worse state squad wise for next season.

jamrock

Every time I saw him he wasn't that impressive to warrant the hassle of getting him. Unlike you or other morons in here I don't need to see 30-100 games of a player to have an opinion about his quality.
If we had like a stacked squad and we were bringing him for rotation, then yeah, I wouldn't mind him. But constantly signing players that won't take us anywhere ain't a good strategy.

So basically you've never watched him outside of Spain games, I thought so.

😂😂😂😂.

I love hitting your nerves it always so easy, because as usual, you know nothing of which you speak, Jon snowflake.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Oh, you actually watch games don't you? :lol:

Ansu Fati is done and dusted. Stop beating a dead horse. It's like you want to appear knowledgeable or something by trying to polish a turd and talking about comparisons with Messi and how youngsters need time.
Roque didn't even look good on YouTube reels, what's the point of waiting on him when he's clearly another transfer flop?
I get it we don't have the money right now, but let's not pretend some players are better than they are because we're poor.

Squad was also shite, of course it wasn't all about Xavi. And we're in a worse state squad wise for next season.

It's very easy to sit there and try to pick holes in anything Barca is trying to do, because you don't want them to succeed because, in your eyes, Barca succeeding will somehow tarnish the guy you worship (Messi's) legacy.

Have not seen one positive post from you on this site, apart from when it's about .......... Messi.

You ripped in to Yamal after one bad game pre - Euros and now you've switched to Cubarsi.

I tell you what, do what the rest of us do here, get off the fence and tell us what you would do if you had control of the club? Who would you buy, if anyone at all? What would be your first XI. Let's see how you get on.

Porque

Well if Nico doesn't want to leave we could pivot to other priority positions like defensive midfield, as Madrid did when Mbappe didn't come. They identified their next best positions to improve as there was no adequete B plan for Mbappe.

So Zubimendi for example. Or we could go for Mastantuono for example if we see world class potential in him.

I'm ok if the club can't identify other Nico options right now and opt for a different position. I'm not really comfortable with getting Olmo as that plan B as the only reason we would lean so heavy into it is because of his LaMasia ties. It's clear that a signing like Olmo is not coming from the SD but from certain members of the board thrusting the signing policy onto the club, which is a major problem of this club where we consistently push measly regional politics into transfer agendas.

Though saying this with an offensive LB to hold the width (so Balde back to 22/23 form) Olmo could do a very very good job there.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

We should be able to finish a competitive 2nd with the current squad. Even though we've made no signings as others have mentioned the squad if mostly fit for the season is still very good and capable to beat all teams (even Madrid if we have some luck).

Then if we manage to add one top player like Zubimendi for instance it should be comfortably within reach to better last season's performance. I also think we can make CL semis if we don't draw one of the top teams until then.

ajnotkeith

It's more a question of profiles rather than of quality. We need a winger who can give the team width and 1v1s and Nico even if flawed does that very well.

Things clicked better with Dembele for that reason. Even though he isn't an amazing player he had specific qualities that helped that team's dynamics like the fact he was the only player with strong 1v1 abilities and true pace.

You need those players to push back the other team's defensive line and to create space for your team.

Whilst it doesn't have to be Nico and I agree Nico is not world-class either he would still help the team significantly for those reasons. We need that type of winger.

Home of Barca Fans