Nico Williams

jamrock

If he extends and raises the clause, he clearly doesn't wanna leave Bilboa, I doubt they will happen, if he stays, it's most likely going to be for 1 more season.

Last edited:

Porque

Not bad business for 8/9 months since the last renewal though.

If he does renew though, then his only out will be a PSG move in a season or few time.

Or Mexico when he is old and past it like Muniain.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If he renews with a higher buyout we definitely should never sign him unless he becomes a 20 league goals type of player.

Olmo would be a terrible signing if he doesn’t play as a #10.

He’s completely the wrong profile as a LW.

But would be a typical Barca transfer to sign a player and do us and him dirty by playing him out of position or in a different role than what he is actually good in.

gregorrin10

If he extends and raises the clause, he clearly doesn't wanna leave Bilboa, I doubt they will happen, if he stays, it's most likely going to be for 1 more season.
what would be the point in that? He's pretty much just had the best season of his career at club level and a great EURO...his stock might never be higher again, and there's no guarantee Barca (or any other big club for that matter) will ever come back for him. A lot can happen in a year.

Unless he really wants them huge wages and that PL move, but then what about all the reports suggesting he'd rather at least still stay in Spain, if he was to leave Bilbao? And in Spain, Barca is basically his only upgrade, with Madrid being stacked in his position. Maybe he does want to go abroad just so he wouldn't play against Bilbao (that often).

jamrock

what would be the point in that? He's pretty much just had the best season of his career at club level and a great EURO...his stock might never be higher again, and there's no guarantee Barca (or any other big club for that matter) will ever come back for him. A lot can happen in a year.

Unless he really wants them huge wages and that PL move, but then what about all the reports suggesting he'd rather at least still stay in Spain, if he was to leave Bilbao? And in Spain, Barca is basically his only upgrade, with Madrid being stacked in his position. Maybe he does want to go abroad just so he wouldn't play against Bilbao (that often).

I agree, but he's probably taking sentimental prospective, play with my boyhood club in the EL, if he doesn't sign a new contract, which he definitely won't, we or someone else will be back in for him next summer for sure.

But you're right, now is the best time for him to move

Maradona37

That was also my point. Not worth spending those amounts on a player that gets you nowhere. I don't even know about his injury record, just judging him on what I saw over the years since he's been linked to Barca.

But if you're glad about building a squad of players that challenge for the EL, party away.
Fair enough. I see your point of view anyway. But I think he's better than you claim. Just a difference of opinion.

Though I would also make the point that there are very, very few players in the world who are genuinely transformative. I tend to agree though that in a top European club team Olmo would be a complementary piece, not a main player.

Calling him mediocre was very harsh though, imo.

Maradona37

It's more a question of profiles rather than of quality. We need a winger who can give the team width and 1v1s and Nico even if flawed does that very well.

Things clicked better with Dembele for that reason. Even though he isn't an amazing player he had specific qualities that helped that team's dynamics like the fact he was the only player with strong 1v1 abilities and true pace.

You need those players to push back the other team's defensive line and to create space for your team.

Whilst it doesn't have to be Nico and I agree Nico is not world-class either he would still help the team significantly for those reasons. We need that type of winger.
Good post. Agree. It's often better to get an inferior player (as long as he's still good) but one who suits your particular team and what you are trying to do.

I sometimes feel fans get fixated on comparing players side by side in teams, while overlooking just how well one team plays with chemistry and linking up, and how out of sync the other team might be. Spain v England final is a good example - lots of people said England have the better players ;on paper'. But even if that is true (and I don't think it is), having a bunch of good players thrown together with no clue how to play likely loses against a team of lesser players who are well coordinated and excellently coached, and know exactly how to play.

Messi983

hm...

Lamine Yamal’s father just dropped this out of nowhere tonight with “grande Nico”

453274275_1108888427705314_8332924468402074378_n.jpg

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

So what?! I aint getting millions to act like a footballer. Can't express my opinion on a football forum?

Mate, that retarded excuse of me wanting current Barca to fail so as not to tarnish/diminish Messi's legacy is so overdone that it's not even funny anymore. Those teams were on another stratosphere to all current football played, let alone current Barca. And that's the case even without Messi prime.

I haven't ripped into Yamal, dunno why you're spreading lies. Same with Cubarsi, haven't seriously posted about him, he's an unknown quantity for me.

Who would I buy is irrelevant. But for the sake of arguing, I certainly wouldn't buy Olmo. Nico yes, because he is there for the taking, but again Barca is lacking scouting. Everyone and their dog knows that France is the biggest talent pool in Europe and we haven't tried for a single player from that league. We just chase unknown Brazilians that look shite on YouTube and Pep's leftovers or former academy players.

Generally, members on forums are more valued if they offer solutions, not just pick out problems. It's really not that difficult.

I would buy Nico, even though I would have hoped we could get better, his pace on the left wing will be a game changer. If Dembele could be as effective as he was with his pace, Nico, who is infinitely better, could turn in to a big asset for the team. At 58m, I also see very little to no chance that his value drops, even if he flops here, so we have the buffer to know the investment is safe. One bad season here and EPL clubs will still come knocking around the 50m mark.

I'd give Atalanta 50m for Jose Ederson as our new DM. I wanted Palhinha, but he is gone.

I'd give Cancelo another year on loan. He wasn't as bad as people make out, albeit defensively he is a concern. But he is versatile, and as good in attack as any full back around. However, I'd play him on the right, as he is a better right back than left back and think he will excel combining with Lamine down that side.

Ron, FDJ, Pedri are injured, so I would start the season.

Mats
Cancelo, Kounde, Christensen, Blade
Gundo. Ederson. Fermin
Lamine. Lewa. Nico

That team there does well with Cubarsi, Fort, Faye, Gavi, Frenk, Araujo, Pedri all to come back in as well. If, as I suspect, Madrid's Galactico policy ends up contributing to their self destruction, then I would say we have a fair chance of winning the league

The biggest weakness is the centre forward, but again there is nobody worth buying to replace Lewa right now. I would have taken a 20m punt on Mikautadze but he has gone to Lyon now

El Ilusionista

(🌕) JUST IN: Barcelona know Nico’s having a few doubts - but they‘ve informed him that they will NOT wait for him next season (2025/26). @santiovalle #Transfers 🗓️🚨

ℹ️ Barcelona believe the doubts have come due to heavy pressure from Bilbao. @santiovalle #Transfers 🇪🇸

Good move from the club its now or never. Still think he is gonna join us this summer.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Been waiting for a very quick natural left-winger that is a legit threat 1v1 for a while now. I don't particularly care too much if Nico is the player we sign for that or not. I like him as I have mentioned before although I'm indifferent to him having to be that player.

Just want us to sign a winger like that regardless of who that is :lol:

Not had one since Neymar which is sickening.

jamrock

Fact that deco stayed back, means their is a very good chance, but it's still not 100%.

Wants to stay in the same time zone to make sure we can move ASAP if he says yes.

malvolio

Generally, members on forums are more valued if they offer solutions, not just pick out problems. It's really not that difficult.

I would buy Nico, even though I would have hoped we could get better, his pace on the left wing will be a game changer. If Dembele could be as effective as he was with his pace, Nico, who is infinitely better, could turn in to a big asset for the team. At 58m, I also see very little to no chance that his value drops, even if he flops here, so we have the buffer to know the investment is safe. One bad season here and EPL clubs will still come knocking around the 50m mark.

I'd give Atalanta 50m for Jose Ederson as our new DM. I wanted Palhinha, but he is gone.

I'd give Cancelo another year on loan. He wasn't as bad as people make out, albeit defensively he is a concern. But he is versatile, and as good in attack as any full back around. However, I'd play him on the right, as he is a better right back than left back and think he will excel combining with Lamine down that side.

Ron, FDJ, Pedri are injured, so I would start the season.

Mats
Cancelo, Kounde, Christensen, Blade
Gundo. Ederson. Fermin
Lamine. Lewa. Nico

That team there does well with Cubarsi, Fort, Faye, Gavi, Frenk, Araujo, Pedri all to come back in as well. If, as I suspect, Madrid's Galactico policy ends up contributing to their self destruction, then I would say we have a fair chance of winning the league

The biggest weakness is the centre forward, but again there is nobody worth buying to replace Lewa right now. I would have taken a 20m punt on Mikautadze but he has gone to Lyon now
Balde and Fermin are weak links. Those two should not be starters at Barca. Gundogan and Lewa are going down hill, fast.

Sell Raphinha, Roque and one of FDJ/Araujo. Get DM, Julian Alvarez and a left fullback.

Home of Barca Fans