Nico Williams

Porque

It's more a question of profiles rather than of quality. We need a winger who can give the team width and 1v1s and Nico even if flawed does that very well.

Things clicked better with Dembele for that reason. Even though he isn't an amazing player he had specific qualities that helped that team's dynamics like the fact he was the only player with strong 1v1 abilities and true pace.

You need those players to push back the other team's defensive line and to create space for your team.

Whilst it doesn't have to be Nico and I agree Nico is not world-class either he would still help the team significantly for those reasons. We need that type of winger.

I've seen the light and Olmo will be decent at left wing with an attacking fullback for a season until Nico potentially arrives.

But I'm mostly disillusioned by getting rid of Xavi for Flick and then focusing on a signing that doesn't maximize his flow of football.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Calma Calma..
We are getting him. Have patience. This is the usual Barca circus.
My patience will be tested when we don't go for a DM, which is more needed.
And I will be angry if we buy Olmo with no DM and no Nico (which won't be possible if we go for Olmo).

The circus is all till we have the official news about our finances.

vegitot

Can't believe there are so clueless people in here thinking that this guy, with this technique and shooting, can't play AM for Barca or that he is 'EL level' :lol: ...

In a team that will provide him also the right tactical setup (with Flick) with other players taking different responsibilities
Leipzig, mind you, had only two ways of attacking last season: 1) give the ball to Olmo to do something, 2) give the ball to Simmons to do something
Kinda of us under Xavi, give the ball to Dembele to do something
He scored less than Fermin last season btw. Not really stand out for the whole season either.

Great Euro though.

malvolio

It's more a question of profiles rather than of quality. We need a winger who can give the team width and 1v1s and Nico even if flawed does that very well.

Things clicked better with Dembele for that reason. Even though he isn't an amazing player he had specific qualities that helped that team's dynamics like the fact he was the only player with strong 1v1 abilities and true pace.

You need those players to push back the other team's defensive line and to create space for your team.

Whilst it doesn't have to be Nico and I agree Nico is not world-class either he would still help the team significantly for those reasons. We need that type of winger.
I don't mind Nico, for the 58M. Don't think he's that special but he's the biggest improvement we can make, considering our finances.

Certainly a way better profile than Olmo.

malvolio

It's very easy to sit there and try to pick holes in anything Barca is trying to do, because you don't want them to succeed because, in your eyes, Barca succeeding will somehow tarnish the guy you worship (Messi's) legacy.

Have not seen one positive post from you on this site, apart from when it's about .......... Messi.

You ripped in to Yamal after one bad game pre - Euros and now you've switched to Cubarsi.

I tell you what, do what the rest of us do here, get off the fence and tell us what you would do if you had control of the club? Who would you buy, if anyone at all? What would be your first XI. Let's see how you get on.
So what?! I aint getting millions to act like a footballer. Can't express my opinion on a football forum?

Mate, that retarded excuse of me wanting current Barca to fail so as not to tarnish/diminish Messi's legacy is so overdone that it's not even funny anymore. Those teams were on another stratosphere to all current football played, let alone current Barca. And that's the case even without Messi prime.

I haven't ripped into Yamal, dunno why you're spreading lies. Same with Cubarsi, haven't seriously posted about him, he's an unknown quantity for me.

Who would I buy is irrelevant. But for the sake of arguing, I certainly wouldn't buy Olmo. Nico yes, because he is there for the taking, but again Barca is lacking scouting. Everyone and their dog knows that France is the biggest talent pool in Europe and we haven't tried for a single player from that league. We just chase unknown Brazilians that look shite on YouTube and Pep's leftovers or former academy players.

Porque

According to Sky Sports Germany, Xavi Simons has already made a decision on his future. PSG 's young Dutch star will return to RB Leipzig on loan for another season. Bayern have also been following him closely, but the winger has preferred to return to the club where he played last season.

---

Damn. Presumably that rumour about Simons being able to choose where to go on loan (to an extent is true). And it seems PSG may have blocked such a move to Barca.

Birdy

Xavi Simmons, another idiot who'll reach 40 still be called a good prospect and still be linked to top clubs but never get anywhere.

It's retarded season on barcaforum?
:lol:
OK, chief. Give us a name of a player your majesty deems of quality that is not prime Messi prime Neymar or prime Suarez

Birdy

According to Sky Sports Germany, Xavi Simons has already made a decision on his future. PSG 's young Dutch star will return to RB Leipzig on loan for another season. Bayern have also been following him closely, but the winger has preferred to return to the club where he played last season.

---

Damn. Presumably that rumour about Simons being able to choose where to go on loan (to an extent is true). And it seems PSG may have blocked such a move to Barca.

They didn't need to block it.
We were after him when Xavi was around. Since he is gone, we moved to other targets.

I think it's a great idea for him.
Next summer, or even the one after, we can go for him.
He will be perfect Gundo replacement in 1-2 years

TheStig

Why did he even say to his agent to negotiate a transfer if he doesn't want to go? I really don't get it. It's ok if he doesn't want to go to Barca (who could blame him with the way we treat players) but why didn't he say so a month ago?

We could take a hint when he renewed with Athletic half a year ago that he doesn't want to leave them while he knew we wanted to sign him for free. If he declines again we should forget about him. He's playing us like Mbappe played Madrid for years. I would love to have Nico but this is his chance, take it or leave it.

On the other hand probably there were never real negotiations, it's all bullshit fed from Laporta to Catalan media so the clubs seems relevant but in the club they all know they don't have a chance for such big money transfers this year. It's also positive for Nico to stay in the spotlight by being linked with a big club.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans