Nico Williams

El Ilusionista

If he renews with Athletic and raises his clause he might aswell become a Athletic Club legend like his brother. But I really doubt that.

khaled_a_d

Fabrizio Romano has been quiet about this transfer saga lately, which leads me to believe that everything is still in the air at this point.

It is a player decision saga, most transfer rumours are about club negotiations with agents or clubs using journalists to push their narrative.

Now, niether Bilbao or Nico needs that, and even Barca reached the most they would want with confirming we are there for him and his favourite destination if he moves.

Now, no one needs to leak anything until a decision is made, and guys like Fabrizio don't need to risk it, saying he is staying when nothing is confirmed

Loki

Fabrizio Romano has been quiet about this transfer saga lately, which leads me to believe that everything is still in the air at this point.
Nico sits at home and thinks about it. There is nothing to tell until Nico decides.

FCBfan22

It is a player decision saga, most transfer rumours are about club negotiations with agents or clubs using journalists to push their narrative.

Now, niether Bilbao or Nico needs that, and even Barca reached the most they would want with confirming we are there for him and his favourite destination if he moves.

Now, no one needs to leak anything until a decision is made, and guys like Fabrizio don't need to risk it, saying he is staying when nothing is confirmed
That's true. I'm just saying that very reliable sources are saying nothing, which means decision hasn't been made (or leaked) yet.

All other sources are likely making stuff up. Hopefully this is done ASAP.

Porque

Would it be wise for Barcelona to give Nico until X date and then officially open negotiations for an alternative with a similar profile.

Someone like Doue, EZE, etc.

So that he knows, if he doesnt get on the train now, then it's not coming back.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Would it be wise for Barcelona to give Nico until X date and then officially open negotiations for an alternative with a similar profile.

Someone like Doue, EZE, etc.

So that he knows, if he doesnt get on the train now, then it's not coming back.

They’ll just play Dani Olmo there brother.

mc_lovin

They’ll just play Dani Olmo there brother.
I mean Nico is the only available player that would improve us there. Olmo would be decent I guess, but not better than Raphina (nice depth though). I just disagree with the priorities. Unless some La Masia dude turns out to be Busi 2.0.

ajnotkeith

Without even trying to make any excuses or get into the shoulda woulda coulda.

How many top LW/LF have been out their the last few years that we could have moved for, especially considering last summer we couldn't spend.

So we've had 2 summers and 1 winter where we had a bit of money to spend, I've always said we should have signed diaz instead of Torres, so that's 1, but who else?

Doku? Maybe
Barcola
But they moved last summer, when we couldn't spend, don't think anyone had them on any radar the year we bought lewa, Kounde and those guys.

Not a lot of talent in that position that I can think of, off the top of my head.

Which means we are definitely going back in for Williams next summer.
I just regret Dembele going tbh. Ok, people will post his goal stats in France and say hahaha, but the fact is he fit extremely well with the team and his qualities complimented the other players very well. I am sure that if Dembele stayed for another season Lewa would have done much better.

Regardless of his issues with scoring that type of player who can dribble anyone on the wing, so fast and both footed, is exactly the type of winger we're looking for now and we already had it.
It's hard to know, it may be possible that nothing could be done and he would always leave, but I'm sure I also read part of the reason he left was friction with the board and wanting a higher salary.

Side note, thing that is most bizarre is he hasn't been injured once since April 2023. Could be just really bad luck that he found fitness after leaving or something with the medical team here.

jamrock

I just regret Dembele going tbh. Ok, people will post his goal stats in France and say hahaha, but the fact is he fit extremely well with the team and his qualities complimented the other players very well. I am sure that if Dembele stayed for another season Lewa would have done much better.

Regardless of his issues with scoring that type of player who can dribble anyone on the wing, so fast and both footed, is exactly the type of winger we're looking for now and we already had it.
It's hard to know, it may be possible that nothing could be done and he would always leave, but I'm sure I also read part of the reason he left was friction with the board and wanting a higher salary.

Side note, thing that is most bizarre is he hasn't been injured once since April 2023. Could be just really bad luck that he found fitness after leaving or something with the medical team here.
Yep I think Dembele leaving and always been injured screwed the plan the club had regarding the LW position, they bought raphinha with Dembele playing the LW, their was a thought back then, that while Dembele's general play is better on the right, he's more effective on the Left.

But he's a little bitch, so fuck him

It's injury record since leaving is interest indeed.

JamDav1982

Xavi preferred Dembele on the right to Raphinha.

He tried Dembele a few times at LW and Raphinha right but not all that often and moved away from it fairly quickly.

Then settled on Gavi AML ahead of Dembele there and Dembele on the right when available.

No doubt he would rather have kept Dembele of the two by time season finished.. but Dembele bailed.

Home of Barca Fans