Nico Williams

JamDav1982

Nico has the pace 1v1 can play isolated on touchline, go inside and out.

He compliments the players Barca have and make it tougher for teams to clos down Yamals side.

The scary part is them spending potentially 250m on front line and never having gone for this profile and still not after missing out on Nico.

Smacks of them not having all that much of a plan for type of players want to bring in. Which is all too common.

jamrock

Without even trying to make any excuses or get into the shoulda woulda coulda.

How many top LW/LF have been out their the last few years that we could have moved for, especially considering last summer we couldn't spend.

So we've had 2 summers and 1 winter where we had a bit of money to spend, I've always said we should have signed diaz instead of Torres, so that's 1, but who else?

Doku? Maybe
Barcola
But they moved last summer, when we couldn't spend, don't think anyone had them on any radar the year we bought lewa, Kounde and those guys.

Not a lot of talent in that position that I can think of, off the top of my head.

Which means we are definitely going back in for Williams next summer.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Yep also bad for Yamal as teams know now how dangerous he is so teams will try to get him out of the game and no Yamal = 50% worse offense power

A real LW would have been so important

JamDav1982

Teams identify a profile and move for it to plug the gaps.

Barca have not tried to do that with the LW and even now on Nico still seems have not.

Same with DM.. just neglected.

They most likely will threaten Nico that 'train has passed' and move again next summer for him.. or try hard for Musiala with a year left.

These signings become more and more a struggle when the planning already there looks so chaotic and haphazard.

Porque

We were linked with Luis Diaz but that one died quickly. Also Pepe of Porto.

I don't know what happened to those interests, but this Nico or Olmo moves is outside the hands of the SD and inside the hands of the cronies. Which is the big problem with this in itself.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

The problem is there are not many worldclass Lws on the market

Otherwise city would have bought a way better LW than doku

Prime Ney now would be a cheat code on the market

JamDav1982

The problem is there are not many worldclass Lws on the market

Otherwise city would have bought a way better LW than doku

Prime Ney now would be a cheat code on the market

It is not easy but these clubs have clearly been looking and trying for that profile.

Barca have not until Nico was staring them in the face and even then dont seem to be pushing for similar if dont get him now and as said will probably bank on him changing mind in a years time.. then what if he doesnt? Where does that leave them?

Fati_Future_BallonDor

It is not easy but these clubs have clearly been looking and trying for that profile.

Barca have not until Nico was staring them in the face and even then dont seem to be pushing for similar if dont get him now and as said will probably bank on him changing mind in a years time.. then what if he doesnt? Where does that leave them?

Yep although it was as clear as day that we need a LW since Ney left us + a DM since Busi declined/left us

El Ilusionista

So tell me, if he really wants to stay in Bilbao and everything is clear shouldn’t he have announced it by now? Not that hard. Him being so silent makes me think we are still in the race and he is waiting for us to get to 1:1 so we can register him.

JamDav1982

So tell me, if he really wants to stay in Bilbao and everything is clear shouldn’t he have announced it by now? Not that hard.
If he is looking for a bump in wages from Bilbao it is in his favour to not announce it early.

Also.. he probably doesnt care what media want him to do and he is not negatively impacting Bilbao by leaving it later to announce staying.

The lad is probably trying to get Yamal not to renew with Barca and join him in a year or two somewhere!

I jest..

TheStig

I think he's still waiting if Barca can get his registration done or he's negotiating a new contract with Athletic and they will announce that he is staying and his new contract at once. Can't see any other logical reason that there is still no answer, just speculations from media.

Home of Barca Fans