Nico Williams

JamDav1982

He almost has to announce something within the next week. I doubt he wants to be back in training with speculation either way.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
The guy is smart from all I have seen on the interwebs. He hasn't made any public statements.
He knows we can't sign him until we fix our FFP situation.
There is no point in making any statement which will affect his future contract negotiation or transfers.
The ball is in Barca's court and if we fix ourselves he's coming through this window or it's the next one.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
He could be negotiating a new contract with Athletic.
Didn’t he just do that this/last year? But I agree, it’s the only other thing that’s makes sense - if he is staying and not negotiating a new contract with Bilbao he would have said something. So yeah, he either waiting for our FFP to be in order and/or negotiating contract with us, he might be in talks with other clubs or he’s negotiating with Bilbao…

TheStig

Didn’t he just do that this/last year? But I agree, it’s the only other thing that’s makes sense - if he is staying and not negotiating a new contract with Bilbao he would have said something. So yeah, he either waiting for our FFP to be in order and/or negotiating contract with us, he might be in talks with other clubs or he’s negotiating with Bilbao…

Yes he did but it's possbile they now offered a new contract with higher salary and release clause so that he decided to stay, we'll see soon. If he does this he would reject us for the second time and we should forget about him.

vuji_31

Well maybe problem is our 1:1 FFP situation.

That is reason why we cant get Olmo with our payment structure.

And same reason why Nico didn't say anything because he is waiting for us.

It makes sense.

malvolio

Why are we still chasing Olmo? Just get this guy as it seems our scouting department is playing the game with only a tiny player database loaded.

Nucky

He'll stay at Bilbao at the end.. We can't register anyone, therefor also won't sign anyone.. Its been 2 months since Laporta was braggin about being close to 1:1 rule but still nothing.. Only means we aren't able to register anyone and probably also won't be..

Loki

Wonder if they're waiting to get the Libero/Nike money before any deals take place. I'm guessing that could be the holdup with our transfers.
According to Laporta's latest interview the Nike deal gonna take some time still. I think they're waiting on the Barca Studios deal. It should be enough together with the outs to get back to 1:1

Home of Barca Fans