Nico Williams

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Even if he's waiting for us to close the Libero/Nike deal there's no chance we do that within this week.
At this point there's no guarantee we even close it within the end of the month. If Dani Olmo is signed the only way to register him might also be to unregister Araujo and a couple of other players.

JamDav1982

Unregistering Araujo can only happen as he injured and barely releases 2/3m.

Cant unregister players that are fit and save money on the FFP.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Unregistering Araujo can only happen as he injured and barely releases 2/3m.

Cant unregister players that are fit and save money on the FFP.

Lovely.

Hope Laporta is working on something instead of blowing up club's money on hamburgers and milkshakes in the States.

Loki

If anyone still had doubts, it's over...

Yeah, you need to accept his decision. He loves the club, his family is very close to Athletic and their life there. Rather nice to see that there are still loyal players, although he would have been the perfect left wing for us.
There were no rumors about him to other clubs, although I'm sure half the premier league called his agent. He was only considering us or Bilbao. That speaks for Deco did his job to put at least doubts in his mind, but in the end family bonds were stronger. Next season we probably try to get him again.

Raketa10

Yeah, you need to accept his decision. He loves the club, his family is very close to Athletic and their life there. Rather nice to see that there are still loyal players, although he would have been the perfect left wing for us.
There were no rumors about him to other clubs, although I'm sure half the premier league called his agent. He was only considering us or Bilbao. That speaks for Deco did his job to put at least doubts in his mind, but in the end family bonds were stronger. Next season we probably try to get him again.

Next season his release clause will be 100 mil mate. This ship has sailed. Furthermore, I don't think we need to beg players to come like we did with Griezmann. He didn't want to come here so we need to move on and forget about him. I hoped he would sign for Barca. However, if playing Europa League with Bilbao is the ultimate goal for this guy than maybe it's better he stayed there.

Last edited:

Messi983

Don't think there were any negotiations. Barca just represented our offer to his agent.

Everything else was just stupid Catalan media. Nico was concentrated on Euros so didn't care about this too much I'd think.

JamDav1982

Good for him.. but feel he will soon regret it and move away next season.

The high of playing with better players and winning/challenging for the top trophies will feel like a distant memory.

But fair play to Bilbao. Like the way they play and enjoy watching the way they are coached by Valverde.

Home of Barca Fans