Nico Williams

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Just don't do something stupid like going all out for Dias, or even worse Leao.

Try to get Doue, if possible.

If not, Coman on loan, especially if we agree some sort of pay as you play deal with Bayern, would be excellent.

Go again next year, when there will almost certainly be a new exciting left winger that will appear.

Use the Nico money to buy Jose Ederson as our new DM.

Co0ter

Later today in Sport/Mundo Deportivo: “Nico Williams sending signals to Barca that he is giving them exactly 10 days to pay the release clause. He is desparate to come. Calma Kounde.”

Barca genius fans: “He is coming! He never said he is not coming to Barca!!!”

Reality: The boy never gave a single fuck about Barca this summer 😀
You try too hard.

Co0ter

Low Iq
clap-clap-clap
Should be the fanbase anthem.
Stop drooling over the runner, you are so stupid and desperate that's why Barcelona can't do any business. You want all the mediocre players like a low cost whore and then you absolutely demolish them because your delusions aren't met. So we buy expensive and on big wages and we sell on peanuts.
His salary is outrageous for 5 goals. Bet Olmo can do that and any la masia starter.
For the 2-3 games when we need speed we have Raphinha, the rest of the games are trench warfare.
He took the best decision for his career, he is not good enough for Barcelona, in PSG there are plenty of Africans and one in particular is more talented than him. This is my opinion, he is in his prime.
I feel bad, you must be so lonely all alone in that basement.

khaled_a_d

Just don't do something stupid like going all out for Dias, or even worse Leao.

Try to get Doue, if possible.

If not, Coman on loan, especially if we agree some sort of pay as you play deal with Bayern, would be excellent.

Go again next year, when there will almost certainly be a new exciting left winger that will appear.

Use the Nico money to buy Jose Ederson as our new DM.

Doue is almost done deal to PSG, he chose them already.

Jose Ederson is an interesting name, fbref numbers loves his defence, goals and progressive passes, the rest of his passing mot so much. What is your take from eye test on him?

However, Juve is in talks of big move for Teun Koopmeiners, so I doubt Atlanta is selling Ederson anyway.

I think Olmo is the only long term signing this summer, we will just do some loans like Cancelo, Coman? and maybe that Chelsea kid, and be done with it.

Porque

Doue is almost done deal to PSG, he chose them already.

Jose Ederson is an interesting name, fbref numbers loves his defence, goals and progressive passes, the rest of his passing mot so much. What is your take from eye test on him?

However, Juve is in talks of big move for Teun Koopmeiners, so I doubt Atlanta is selling Ederson anyway.

I think Olmo is the only long term signing this summer, we will just do some loans like Cancelo, Coman? and maybe that Chelsea kid, and be done with it.

Had a thought that with Samu falling through we might do a Roque for Chuk deal. Something similar to the Gallagher <-> Samu numbers.

We were linked with signing Chuk for 30 something million last week which didn't make sense. Not until you consider Roque going the other way.

khaled_a_d

Had a thought that with Samu falling through we might do a Roque for Chuk deal. Something similar to the Gallagher <-> Samu numbers.

We were linked with signing Chuk for 30 something million last week which didn't make sense. Not until you consider Roque going the other way.

Maybe, Chelsea needs their 5th none starting CF.
Will be hilarious for the Roque & Guiu situation though 🤣

Raketa10

Lieporta and NW both looking like geniuses with high IQ.

signing Olmo first and making 1:1 more impossible.

Waiting after Olmo signing to say yes to Barca.

admitting he had to let PSG sign Messi for free at the last minute.

WTF should Laporta do? Go to Bilbao and beg Nico to sign for us? Nico was top priority for Barca and Barca waited for him as much as possible. However, he couldn't make up his mind so Barca went for Olmo. If he wanted to come he would have said yes 2 weeks ago, before we signed Olmo. It's that simple, end of story, move on!

serghei

Nico is the best option for the club, provided that his release clause is under 70-80m and his form doesn't dip a lot this season.

There really aren't many players around that can come and deliver in such a big-stakes game like an Euro final in a complete manner like he did, at a young age. His finish in the final is spot on. He has talents beyond just dribbling and pace. Yes, he's not a finished star so to speak, but the main idea is to get someone that the club could develop into a superstar in the next 2-3 seasons. I think Nico fits this description best, with all the normal risks attached.

The risk factor is present in virtually all signings bar the most elite possible ones, like literally going for the top 3 available stars in their respective positions. Like Suarez, Alves and Neymar signing, Ronaldinho and Deco back in the day, Mbappe and Cristiano for Madrid and so on. The risk is something you need to account for, and this is the reason why the club should find ways to be able afford 100-150m investments every single summer until the club is back at the top spots. I said it before, to challenge Madrid and City the club is 300-400m short at the moment. And that is transfer fees money only, not salary.

I see Barcola mentioned. He's a good option in terms of talent, but doubt he is better in terms of finances for us.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans