Nico Williams

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Either the club is incompetent or they knew this wasn’t happening for a while now but kept feeding news to these idiot reporters.

I’m leaning towards the club not being so stupid they get embarrassed by Athletic this way.

Not great optics though.

No to Luiz Diaz and Coman too. Just keep the money at this point and see next year what’s out there.

jamrock

News papers gotta sell papers/clicks, like I said yesterday, that headline was just to drive traffic to the website.

They deals been off about a week now, once he return to training it was over

serghei

There's not a huge rush to get him. A season to see if he can develop more is not bad for us actually. Need to see if Euro has been the perfect storm for these Spanish players or they are really the real deal.

Pedri looked fire in 2021, and couldn't keep it up since then.

DonAK

There's not a huge rush to get him. A season to see if he can develop more is not bad for us actually. Need to see if Euro has been the perfect storm for these Spanish players or they are really the real deal.

Pedri looked fire in 2021, and couldn't keep it up since then.

The club need to learn from the Griezmann saga.

If Nico’s buyout increases they need to forget about him forever unless he scores like 20 league goals this season.

Messi983

No he isnt.

There is a reason he failed at Bayern and now on loan at Osasuna.

He "failed" at Bayern like Roque failed here. They advanced his signing for 6 months because they had injuries. Tuchel never wanted him and he had to adapt living in a foreign country joining midseason. Now new coach gets new toys and he has to leave.

He's at Osasuna because that what Bayern thought was the best club to play regularly and maximize his value. Girona was also interested. But we could've signed him offering a higher loan fee (Osasuna reportedly only paid 250k) and/or reasonable buy option. Instead we're keeping blind faith in signing Nico and will end up with nobody or sign another injury prone player like Coman.

serghei

The club need to learn from the Griezmann saga.

If Nico’s buyout increases they need to forget about him forever unless he scores like 20 league goals this season.

70-80m is the top sum for me.

He fits us much better than Griezmann though.

JamDav1982

He "failed" at Bayern like Roque failed here. They advanced his signing for 6 months because they had injuries. Tuchel never wanted him and he had to adapt living in a foreign country joining midseason. Now new coach gets new toys and he has to leave.

He's at Osasuna because that what Bayern thought was the best club to play regularly and maximize his value. Girona was also interested. But we could've signed him offering a higher loan fee (Osasuna reportedly only paid 250k) and/or reasonable buy option. Instead we're keeping blind faith in signing Nico and will end up with nobody or sign another injury prone player like Coman.

Roque is a teenager and did more for Barca than Bryan did at Bayern.

Bryan is 23 in a month and has 6 top flight goals and 2 assists.

Looks a decent player..just dont think anywhere near Olmo.

Putting him back to Spain as opposed to Germany would maybe suggest they want to sell him in a year.

Can see this season if wrong either way.

serghei

Pedri's still only 21 to be fair.

Yes, but the point is, if the sum increases you need more guarantees. Don't need another Dembele case.

So, say Nico has a considerably better season than the last one in La Liga, I'd be tempted to pay more. It means there is consistent growth.

Pedri is an example of a big talent that has failed to rise up to expectations in the last seasons. His value now is far less than in 2021 if we are talking frank.

companyofcules

Barcola
But has no numbers either and is less physical, but very agile and 1v1 is better.
PSG has two players on each side that can compete Nico. Dumbele is not inferior in space.

I don't see Nico getting ahead of Olmo or Raphinha in the day to day muddy trench warfare of Barcelona.
He would risk his career in Barcelona.
We want to pay money for wide wingers while crying everyday Raphinha is just a wide winger and not Ronaldinho.
You can't write this stupidity.
Barcelona needs players that can play in 1m2 space in the majority of the games. When you play teams that can dominate you or put you in trouble fast players are needed regardless of their tehnical ability, but we already have one or two and the market is full of them.

fergus90

Coman on season loan would be okay as cover provided he could stay fit.

See who is available this time next year.

DonAK

Before thinking about any alternatives I suppose we should focus on registering Dani Olmo first because as I see it right now he's not registered.

Messi983

Roque is a teenager and did more for Barca than Bryan did at Bayern.

Bryan is 23 in a month and has 6 top flight goals and 2 assists.

Looks a decent player..just dont think anywhere near Olmo.

Can see this season if wrong either way.

Yes, Bryan is older but his situation is similar to Roque's in many ways.

Olmo is clearly a better player overall but as a winger I'd prefer Bryan's skills over his. He's an actual winger not another player used outside his best position that we like so much.

JamDav1982

Yes, Bryan is older but his situation is similar to Roque's in many ways.

Olmo is clearly a better player overall but as a winger I'd prefer Bryan's skills over his. He's an actual winger not another player used outside his best position that we like so much.

Bryan did less at Bayern than even Roque at Barca, he is older and he doesnt have registration issues.

Even then.. not sure how it makes any difference to my point on Bryan even if think Roque failed.

Dont think Bryan has proven himself out wide any more than Olmo has if thats where he ends up and the system at barca is heading for Balde wide and LW more inside anyway would guess currently.

Prefer Olmo in squad than Bryan.

Home of Barca Fans