Oriol Romeu (loaned to Girona)

Trickykid

If there indeed is a buy back option, it sounds like a sweet deal to me.

There's no way in hell he's going to break through at Barca within the next few years considering the competition in midfield, so going abroad in order to mature him and perhaps buff him up a bit, sounds like a smart plan.

lovebarca

though I dont know about full agreement but if buy back option is there then its good because with busquets and masch we are almost covered for 5 years in DM position then why waste time of youth player.
he can get valuable experiance of english football.
and if he comes out good then we can get him back what's problem?
what you guys suggest?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
you guys are seriously mistaken if you think Masch is going to stay here for 5 years, unless he develops into a WC defender

regarding that buy back option, imagine how much they would be paying in wages to the player if they are willing to pay 5m for a totally unproven youngster. Even if we do want to bring him back some time later we won't be able to match the wages that they can offer to him.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see Romeu playing at Chelsea, that's the problem. Only explanation I see is: the club is desperate for money.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I don't see Romeu playing at Chelsea, that's the problem. Only explanation I see is: the club is desperate for money.

I concur. Because if it's really the playing time that they want the player to have, CHelsea will be the last club they would be selling him to

Yugi

with Vilas-Boas in Chelsea (he is playing 4 3 3 with 1 DM) and Essien out of I can see him fit, he is also very physical and one good season against teams like United, Arsenal, City would do him good, hope he wont get injured and will get some time...
also 5M with buy back option.... bye Masche

Trickykid

Yeah, I had forgotten about the midfield situation at Chelsea. They sure do have a lot of quality there.
If this rumour is more than just a rumour, I guess he'll start at their b-team (or youth team, or whatever it's called there...), which would be more than a little silly, as he'd probably play at a higher level in La Segunda. It all sounds more than a tad dodgy...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
They are in for Blaise Matuidi too, so we can understand them signing a youngster to act as a backup. Besides there's Mikel too and Essien would return some time for sure

But don't think Romeu would be getting too many minutes really. Here he would be getting at least copa minutes. And since we aren't signing a CB and Masch might be playing there more & more he can get a peek in here & there even in the Liga

Yugi

chelsea having quality midfielders
:lol: :lol:

anyway, news were saying he is off to benfica months ago, I dont believe this mundo bullshit... Pep has crush on him so theres no chance he will let 19 y.o talent

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes

Not really. If they don't think he's going to make it and there is an offer (a very good offer) of €5m, why not take it?

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I thought this kid was one of the "untouchables"... While I know it will be hard to fit him in our first team, it's also hard to fit him in Chelsea's first team... So I'm gonna have to agree with Bojan, this seems to be some fund collecting campaign aiming at that guy Cesc or something...

Yugi

Chelsea coach Villas-Boas was last year, when he was Porto coach, already interested in Barcelona B midfielder Oriol Romeu (19). [ona fm]

so maybe he will get some time?

Home of Barca Fans