Oriol Romeu (loaned to Girona)

Trickykid

chelsea having quality midfielders
:lol: :lol:

anyway, news were saying he is off to benfica months ago, I dont believe this mundo bullshit... Pep has crush on him so theres no chance he will let 19 y.o talent

Fact of the matter is they have a fair amount of quality in midfield. But sure, call it depth then... whatever rocks your boat.

But please do tell me, how do you see this kid becoming a starter at Barca within 3-4 years?

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Fact of the matter is they have a fair amount of quality in midfield. But sure, call it depth then... whatever rocks your boat.

But please do tell me, how do you see this kid becoming a starter at Barca within 3-4 years?

I don't see him even becoming a sub, tbh. Busquets and Badger have that spot locked down for a few years yet.

he was never an outstanding enough talent for our midfield, so if he can go to another top club and play well then I wish him nothing but luck.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
if there is a buy-back clause then I don't see what the issue is. either he develops and we buy him back to replace Masch or someone else develops to take Masch's spot.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Never seen him play before, well I can't remember seeing him play before, so I cannot judge his ability.

However he is AWESOME on Fifa :D

yeswecan

He must have gotten something special that Chelsea wants him for their first team when he already is just a B team / Second Divison player ... it would be better to keep him

Barcafan 2304

Best wishes to him. Given the success of La Masia, you have to trust that they agreed to the sale as they felt he was not going to make the transition to the Barca side.

jamrock

was always going to happen the moment we signed masch, a pity the kid is class in his position, not many better than him at youth level, just a matter of if he will be able to transfer that to the highest level, but i don't really see him getting much minutes for chelsea, should have gone to a smaller club, but i guess the wages are pretty good.

pretty much the same thing will happen to one or two of

thiago,roberto,espinosa or rafa if we sign sign

Ventus

Well we can't keep everyone, no matter their skill level. There are clearly people better suited for the position, and I honestly can't see the kid actually getting a first team position with the likes of Busquets and Masch, the DM poition is secure for years to come. I'd rather we sell them, let him develop elsewhere, and get some cash, then having another Soriano playing for our B team.

KhaledBarca

Youngcules on Twitter!

In other news, Barca B mid Oriol Romeu close to signing for Chelsea. Apparently for 5 million euro, Barca will have a buyback after 2 years.
Many fans skeptic about whether or not there will be a buy-back clause for Romeu. Remember what Rosell said last month? ;)

-------------------

I watched enough matches for him to say he can make it @ Barca..

Masch is 27! i think in 3 years he will not be available ( unless he becomes a World Class CB), by this time Romeu will be 22 & ready to play @ first team, rotate with Busq!!

Romeu will make it @ Barca MARK My Words..
Since Essien is injured, i won't be surpried IF we see Romeu rotating with Mikel @ Chelsea

Lampard - Romeu - Modric!! with Villas Boas! interesting Midfield :p :p especially that Villas said he wants to play a 4-3-3!!

:D :D

Last edited:

DucdeOrléans

There is no way that Romeu already will play a big role for Chelsea next season. Can't see that happening and if true then it only speaks volume about Chelsea lack of quality in that area of the pitch.

SwiftGuyver

i reckon he has the ability to fill Masch's role in 2-3 years time...

this is a good deal for us though, we get 5m now and in 2 years we can review the situation...

Home of Barca Fans