Oriol Romeu (loaned to Girona)

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I have my doubts about this move... would be far better if we loaned him out to a smaller club or kept him.

He was among the best defensive midfielders of his age group in Europe (certainly the best Spaniard by a mile) before his injury.

Yugi

Botia was also sold with buy-back option, looked fucking good in Sporting, lead third best defense in league and yet we didn´t get him
Romeu could easily wait in B-team until 21 (he is just 19) and Mascherano could be easily sold to another team for some cash, you dont get world-class players if you dont play them...

Barcafan 2304

I don't see the issue. We're keeping the right ones.

And if this deal is actually happening, we have a buyback option anyway.

This. Obviously, Romeu does not have a future at Barca. This summer has been pretty good in terms of Barca tying those who immediately fit into the long-term plans up

JamDav1982

It seems a good idea that Barcelona let these players go for a couple of years with buy back clauses, but it may not be as simple as paying the clause to get them back.

What if Romeu is a complete success with Chelsea and within a couple of years is worth £30m? Its fairly unlikely but Busquets had a similar rise.

Chelsea could then offer him big wages or a huge signing on fee, far more than Barca would pay, and he remains there turning down the chance to return to Barcelona.

For example if he is worth £30m Chelsea could offer him a £10/15m signing on fee and it is still a good deal for them. He signs up and doesnt return.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I know the buyback was the sticking point, wonder if Barca intended to only make the deal if it was included...I hope so

Home of Barca Fans