Oriol Romeu (loaned to Girona)

zanela

To put it simply he is much better than Mikel was at 20, even with JM's defensive team setup that was more conducive to Mikel's role.

Not trying to discredit his performances (i've always rated him). But both his starts (Fulham, Genk), he hardly faced resistence from opposition midfield. It remains to be seen how he'd react when put under constant pressure and when facing pacy counters. I hope he works on his flaws and develops in to a player we all think he can.

People here 're reading too much in to the buy-back option. It was Sandro's initiative, designed to prevent another Cesc saga. The canteranos who got transferred this season, all 've a similar clause inserted in their contracts. It's not exclusive to Romeu alone. You guys should also know, that when Pep rates a player, he tends to retain them, surplus or not.
My thinking is we'll reinforce the central defense next season, allowing Masch/Busi to rotate at DM. Pep seem to be grooming Samper, and if he decides to play him as a DM, Romeu won't be brought back. Unless, he's happy with a squad role.

jamrock

Mikel was fucking boss when he was 20, played in a different position then, but was so fing good, better than oriol for sure, if it wasn't for the whole he is black,african and plays in midfield so he must be a dmed shit, things might have turned out differently for him, the boy was just

dalitis8

Banned
Mikel was fucking boss when he was 20, played in a different position then, but was so fing good, better than oriol for sure, if it wasn't for the whole he is black,african and plays in midfield so he must be a dmed shit, things might have turned out differently for him, the boy was just

I am not saying Romeu is better, but Mikel is an average player.

It is pointless trying to make excuses for him...

bombayblue™

Fourteen and Hutch..
Not trying to discredit his performances (i've always rated him). But both his starts (Fulham, Genk), he hardly faced resistence from opposition midfield. It remains to be seen how he'd react when put under constant pressure and when facing pacy counters. I hope he works on his flaws and develops in to a player we all think he can.

People here 're reading too much in to the buy-back option. It was Sandro's initiative, designed to prevent another Cesc saga. The canteranos who got transferred this season, all 've a similar clause inserted in their contracts. It's not exclusive to Romeu alone. You guys should also know, that when Pep rates a player, he tends to retain them, surplus or not.
My thinking is we'll reinforce the central defense next season, allowing Masch/Busi to rotate at DM. Pep seem to be grooming Samper, and if he decides to play him as a DM, Romeu won't be brought back. Unless, he's happy with a squad role.
You can only play whats put out in front of you. Yes, the opposition has been weak, no two ways about it, the verdict is still out. But the kid seems to have a head that will only make him better.

People are worried about the buy back coz here you have a kid who turns up in a Nike shirt for an adidas club (not too much fuss worthy but still) and talks about he would want to return to Barca in his first interview. 15ME to get a quite decent squad player, Barca wouldnt even blink. As for Pep, more likely than not he wont be around in 2 years time.

Mikel at 20 was a lousy tackler and still is. For a player converted from AM to DM, he still lacks an eye for a imaginative pass, shit at defending corners for a lack of a jump and doesnt have a nice shot on him. Where he wins over Romeu is his composure which comes with experience, a xavi-esque pass completion rate and his physical attributes which let him keep the ball which becomes imperative in the PL. Sorry the black bit isnt true for any PL fan as rasict as my comment may be..

dalitis8

Banned
bombayblue™;675682 said:
You can only play whats put out in front of you. Yes, the opposition has been weak, no two ways about it, the verdict is still out. But the kid seems to have a head that will only make him better.

People are worried about the buy back coz here you have a kid who turns up in a Nike shirt for an adidas club (not too much fuss worthy but still) and talks about he would want to return to Barca in his first interview. 15ME to get a quite decent squad player, Barca wouldnt even blink. As for Pep, more likely than not he wont be around in 2 years time.

Mikel at 20 was a lousy tackler and still is. For a player converted from AM to DM, he still lacks an eye for a imaginative pass, shit at defending corners for a lack of a jump and doesnt have a nice shot on him. Where he wins over Romeu is his composure which comes with experience, a xavi-esque pass completion rate and his physical attributes which let him keep the ball which becomes imperative in the PL. Sorry the black bit isnt true for any PL fan as rasict as my comment may be..

You cannot put Xavi and Mikel in the same sentence. It is vulgar to the extreme.

Mikel is tall and strong. There is nothing else going on for him. The end.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Didn't get to see the game but heard he was one of our better players once again. I think he deserve a chance to play in more important EPL games based on the fact he's played well in pretty much every game he's featured in. Mikel ain't going to get any better and Meireles has been decent but not good enough consistently to have made that spot in the starting XI his own.

Richard.H

Didn't get to see the game but heard he was one of our better players once again. I think he deserve a chance to play in more important EPL games based on the fact he's played well in pretty much every game he's featured in. Mikel ain't going to get any better and Meireles has been decent but not good enough consistently to have made that spot in the starting XI his own.

English youth system for you...

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End

Exactly why I wasn't that upset at losing him, good player though he is, consistency is his major problem.

Home of Barca Fans