Oriol Romeu (loaned to Girona)

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
barcastuff barcastuff
Barcelona can buy Oriol Romeu back in 2012 for 10M and in 2013 for 15M. After 2013, Barcelona have a first option if Chelsea sells him. [md]
12 minutes ago

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I expect him to leave in 2013 then......or some sort of deal where Barca want another chelsea player may happen.

zanela

I was hoping Myrm 'd come up with something witty in response. Me disappoint.

Coming back to Oriol, his attributes seem better suited to the PL, as has been pointed out already.

As for the Busi comparisons. They 've their own individual strengths. While Busi is more skillful on the ball, better vision, passing range, superior positional awareness, Romeu, on the other hand is a better tackler, header, and mentally and physically stronger, not afraid to get in to challenges, and sports the look of a badass DM. :D If he can improve his reading of the game and decision making, he's potentially a world class DM in the making.
Busi is shrewd in the manner in which he evades danger, draws fouls, reads the game. He offers a better platform for us to build our attacks. While Romeu is someone who confronts danger head-on and more sportsmanlike. Though i prefer a DM of Romeu's ilk, i recognise Busi is just more suited to our game.
Meta brought up Busi's CL final, but forgets that in his first season with the A team, he was rotating with Yaya and accumulating valuable mins before he took to the big stage, but for Romeu in a diff league/country and in his very initial months has been playing big games and to not look out of place, now that is commendable. The Valencia game (crucial CL decider for chelsea) was only his third start in the CL and the City game, again was his third start in the Premier League. The boy has cojones, and i for one am proud for how he's progressing..
There are Canteros like bojan...and there are Canteros like Romeu.

A nasty gash @4:19 but the boy got on like nothing happened. Now if that was Busi. :rolleyes: :p

He played a CB for the 'B' and at lower levels too... If he develops the good positioning, as he is expected to, at Chelsea he would surely be able to play a CB for the main team too

We've great CB talents waiting on the wings, and you're advocating a DM to be played out of position.:thumbdown: Just like Busi is Pep's boy, Romeu has become AVB's boy. He's not coming back. It's best for all parties concerned. Chelsea 'll just put more cash on the table when/if the buy back clause is activated, and thats that.

zanela

Personally thought he was much better in the Valencia, Fulham, Everton games than he was against Liverpool.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
We've great CB talents waiting on the wings, and you're advocating a DM to be played out of position.:thumbdown: Just like Busi is Pep's boy, Romeu has become AVB's boy. He's not coming back. It's best for all parties concerned. Chelsea 'll just put more cash on the table when/if the buy back clause is activated, and thats that.
And AVB is Pep's successor here!!

poltergeist

So on the BB Clause:
What happens when another club is interested in signing him while we still have a BB on him? Does us having a BB clause on him mean he can't move to another club while the clause is still active?
What happens, if for instance, Madrid or Anzhi or PSG or Malaga make a 25m bid for him? Would Chelsea have to seek our approval before a deal could be done?

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I like Romeu. but there's many players of his ilk.

there's only one Busquets.

Yeah, no.

couldn't agree more.

André Manuel-Welker is totally unsuited to our way of doing things. mainly because for all his soft-spoken rapid-fire discourse style, his way of conducting himself WREAKS of Mourinho. you only have to look at the hilarious way he's handled the British press to see what cloth he's cut from.

a shame.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I like Romeu. but there's many players of his ilk.

there's only one Busquets.

couldn't agree more.

André Manuel-Welker is totally unsuited to our way of doing things. mainly because for all his soft-spoken rapid-fire discourse style, his way of conducting himself WREAKS of Mourinho. you only have to look at the hilarious way he's handled the British press to see what cloth he's cut from.

a shame.

Really? I didn't follow him much at all, but are you sure you are not seeing things?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
So on the BB Clause:
What happens when another club is interested in signing him while we still have a BB on him? Does us having a BB clause on him mean he can't move to another club while the clause is still active?
What happens, if for instance, Madrid or Anzhi or PSG or Malaga make a 25m bid for him? Would Chelsea have to seek our approval before a deal could be done?
If we decide to activate the BB, they can't do shit about it. If we don't then they would cash on the dude

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
couldn't agree more.

a shame.
He is definitely one of the contenders man. And if he manages to snap another kid from our cantera and develops him well too, then he'd be the strongest contender, because he's proved he is good with our youth that way

Robbie

The buyback clause is a glorified loan. Villas-Boas doesn't know what he's talking about. He has just been getting confident lately so he's talking a lot of shit, like his master Mourinho used to.

Home of Barca Fans