Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegitot

Contract talks with Ousmane Dembele are currently stopped. The club know that they won’t be able to increase his salary next season, so the negotiations are difficult. If they don't find an agreement before the summer, they think it’s best to place him on the market.

@sport

It's starting already??

Last summer he was free yet no club wanted to take him. If he is healthy, he can stay but it seems these injuries are back to him.

serghei

Last summer he was free yet no club wanted to take him. If he is healthy, he can stay but it seems these injuries are back to him.

Good for us in some way. Maybe we can extend him on a low cost for us.

Injuries never left him tbh, he was injured last season for quite some games as well. No matter what you do, he always misses a good chunk of the season due to some sort of injury.

Catta

Called it weeks ago. Soft players. Pedri's legs look like they belong to a highschool kid.

But there was that photo of him pushing his baby fat forwards with his hands behind the arms, and the videos of him doing bicep curls topless and possibly oiled up as well!

Puig fanboys taking every opportunity to shit on the guy who exposed the little rat as a false footballer. LOL

Good for us in some way. Maybe we can extend him on a low cost for us.

Injuries never left him tbh, he was injured last season for quite some games as well. No matter what you do, he always misses a good chunk of the season due to some sort of injury.

Rather sell him for some money instead of paying money to him too sit on the stands or staying worry about when he will get injured next time and for how long. I said it before and I will say it again, he isn't reliable, injured way too many times.

Yeah, yeah Xavi overplayed him, I've heard that too!! But how many games in season should he play? There are 38 La Liga games and Supercopa, Copa del Rey and CL? It's hard to watch him and if someone dives on him it's like: "God, I hope he can walk again".
And frankly, his consistency is also question mark. So rather sell him than giving him more or the same money and bring Messi back for 1 or 2 years and search further for winger.

serghei

The problem with selling players like Dembele and Raphinha, both of which are by far the 2 best players with Lewa in our entire offense this season, is that they will need upgrades. Who will you sign that can bring more?

I'd keep both personally, because us signing Saka or some player like that is sci-fi material.

Keep Dembele, keep Raphinha, sign Carrasco, bring back Abde. Get rid of Ferran ASAP, and loan Ansu. If we can get these tricky operations, absolutely vital that we extend Gavi and Balde, and sign Gundogan... pfff... we'll be lucky.

I lost hope of signing an elite player in the summer already. Just keep the best we have, sign Gundogan and Carrasco for cheap, bring back Abde... and I'm on. Our squad will be improved, which is all I want really.

The problem with selling players like Dembele and Raphinha, both of which are by far the 2 best players with Lewa in our entire offense this season, is that they will need upgrades. Who will you sign that can bring more?

I'd keep both personally, because us signing Saka or some player like that is sci-fi material.

Keep Dembele, keep Raphinha, sign Carrasco, bring back Abde. Get rid of Ferran ASAP, and loan Ansu. If we can get these tricky operations, absolutely vital that we extend Gavi and Balde, and sign Gundogan... pfff... we'll be lucky.

I lost hope of signing an elite player in the summer already. Just keep the best we have, sign Gundogan and Carrasco for cheap, bring back Abde... and I'm on. Our squad will be improved, which is all I want really.

Yeah but I'll rather sell him and get some money than let him go for free or worse give him more money for new contract.

serghei

Yeah but I'll rather sell him and get some money than let him go for free or worse give him more money for new contract.

I agree, except my logic tells me that no team is gonna buy him for good money in the summer. Man is a low-scoring, injury prone winger that is gonna be available for free in one year anyway. Other than that train wreck of a PSG team that might be desperate to buy, who else is gonna touch him? Even Newcastle with their new oil money are seemingly taking a good steady approach and aren't going crazy on the market so far.

Also I hear he is gonna pocket a huge chunk of that transfer sum as per the agreement we have with him.

If we don't pocket at least 40ish million for him... might as well keep him next season. Neither us and Dembele are in a good spot right now in this deal. Best case scenario for us is an extension on current low-ish wages. We have no one better and he proved jack shit... so win-win. We get to keep a good player, and he gets to play at a serious big club instead of some clown circus team.

Chances of Dembele attracting a tier 1 caliber team are almost zero. When he was just maybe close to proving something he got injured and out for the season in the biggest games.

FCMessi

the season is over.

can't see Barca squander 13 point lead without Dembele.

Might be more difficult to renew him if he shines in the remaining games.

vuji_31

Well , I was against his selling but I forgot how is when he is injured...3 months already, who knows how much more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans