Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

I don't care for arguing elite, great, very good or not, but he's by far our best winger and no one else is close, and with rumors about them considering Dani Olmo as a winger you better pray Dembele doesn't leave too because we would be fucked if we replace him with that scrub.

serghei

I don't care for arguing elite, great, very good or not, but he's by far our best winger and no one else is close, and with rumors about them considering Dani Olmo as a winger you better pray Dembele doesn't leave too because we would be fucked if we replace him with that scrub.

Doubt the club are considering Olmo as a big money signing, sounds like bullshit. Maybe in case he is free agent, as a cheap option.

Porque

Olmo would be feckin horrifying.

Club may even consider it for 40m too if they can offload enough of Fati, Dembele, Raphinha, Ferran and then have Messi on the right.

Shudder.

ajnotkeith

In La Liga only. And the less said about his scoring rate the better. He has done shit in CL like most of our players.
He was actually good in this year's CL campaign. And you have been talking so much about how important the league is, to now discard his great performances in it, come on.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
In La Liga only. And the less said about his scoring rate the better. He has done shit in CL like most of our players.
He's been our best player vs Bayern and Inter imo. He is easily a CL semis-level player if you look at wingers of other teams. It is unwise to focus on the entire team when discussing one player's level. In winger metrics he's elite, and scoring-wise he's been fine this season before getting injured.

JamDav1982

Yet you moaned about how much he was missed v Man Utd...

As usual.. when fit it is 'he is only good v La Liga fodder' and when missed it is 'poor Xavi missing best players'.

All mental gymnastics for the 'poor Xavi' narrative.

Raphinha must be utter shit if worse than Dembele who can only perform v La Liga fodder..

ajnotkeith

He's been our best player vs Bayern and Inter imo. He is easily a CL semis-level player if you look at wingers of other teams. It is unwise to focus on the entire team when discussing one player's level. In winger metrics he's elite, and scoring-wise he's been fine this season before getting injured.
Dembele is world-class. There are few wingers in the world who can kill high pressure like he can. It is just a shame he is so injury prone and ultimately a reason why he might be sold.

We still need to bring in a similar type RW to cover him in the many games he misses over a season.

OVI9323

Except for vinicius who is, Imo better than him, there is not a lot of player who reached his level when Fit

Put a player like dembele in a team such as ManCity and it's game over.

OVI9323

And I always say that I expect him to do more during high level game, but it's true that he was always Top 3 of our team at least vs Bayern or Inter.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
He ain't at a world class level, you can argue for elite, but world class is a definite no for me.

Not consistently fit enough and needs to improve his consistency and scoring rate.

Edit: does he have the ability to become world class? Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans