Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamrock

Is Dembele your daddy or something considering you take everything personally? :lol:

Only thing I'm disappointed about is the dumb process at Barca along with the lack of proper leadership in the squad. Only Araujo and Gundogan have that IMO.
Yea gundogan forgot about him.

Araujo, Gundogan

Gavi

khaled_a_d

Captaincy according to seniority is such a stupid concept.
The only player out of those four who got leadership qualities is Araujo.

It isn't by seniority but by player's voting.
It is the best way IMO, but I think we need to stop doing the 4 captain thing.
Players probably take it easy when they vote for a 4th captain, and they lean a lot towards seniority in such cases.
Also by the time that guy became team captain half of the squad is changed.
I mean Xavi was 3rd Captain in 2004, he became team captain in 2014 when not a single remaining squad player who voted was still there, maybe Iniesta if he was in the senior squad.

Roberto was voted 4th captain in 2018, this is the squad that voted for him:

Stegen, Dembele & maybe Lenglet are the only players who had voted in 2018 that still there to see him as team captain.

I can see why players will put too much emphasis on it. But this time there is Lewandowski who is a bit new but has that age and accomplishments in terms of seniority.

feggydinho

That's not really an excuse. He was supposed to be their second best player.

Mbappe did his job, Dembele flopped again in a big moment.

Yes, he is still a good player to have in your squad. But "best in the world"? Nah
Dembele may have had his moments too if he wasn't subbed in the first half. Re-watch that game, and you'll see that All of France's players were useless in that first half, Like all of them (Griezmann, Mbappe, Dembele, etc). Dembele and Giroud's sub was more or less a kick to the team

vegitot

Dembele may have had his moments too if he wasn't subbed in the first half. Re-watch that game, and you'll see that All of France's players were useless in that first half, Like all of them (Griezmann, Mbappe, Dembele, etc). Dembele and Giroud's sub was more or less a kick to the team
If Dembele wasn't subbed then Argentina would win by 3 or 4 goals already. Deschamps made right decision. That helped France contain Di Maria and slow Argentina down.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Dembele behaved like a captain in the previous season. Vocal on the pitch, decisive in body language and always demanded the ball/made something happen. Him becoming the third captain wouldn't be ridiculous at all.

TheStig

The captain vote is one of the dumbet things about this club. We can see it from the moon that Araujo is the only real captain material. I know you have to have deputies so I would throw in the mix FDJ and Lewa, maybe even Pedri or Gavi but the 4th choice is really hard to choose since we don't have real leaders or they are too young (can see Gavi becoming a leader). Fucking Roberto should be last, not first with Dembele right beside him.

serghei

Dembele was good last season, at least the half he got to play before his usual long-term injury kicked in. If he stays fit he's one of our most important players, easily top 3.

But not because he is an amazing player, but because this is the first Barca team in many decades without a single clear world-class player in it.

ajnotkeith

Dembele was good last season, at least the half he got to play before his usual long-term injury kicked in. If he stays fit he's one of our most important players, easily top 3.

But not because he is an amazing player, but because this is the first Barca team in many decades without a single clear world-class player in it.
What's the definition of world-class? Best in the world?

That word is usually taken to mean players up there with the best, of which we do have several.

Araujo undoubtedly is one of the best CBs itw. FDJ in midfield. Will get hate for saying, but there aren't many keepers you can confidently name better than MATS either. Maybe Lewa is marginal.

As for Dembele, I would say he fits the tag of world-class. He makes it in to at least a top10 list if not top5 ITW in his position.

serghei

What's the definition of world-class? Best in the world?

That word is usually taken to mean players up there with the best, of which we do have several.

Araujo undoubtedly is one of the best CBs itw. FDJ in midfield. Will get hate for saying, but there aren't many keepers you can confidently name better than MATS either. Maybe Lewa is marginal.

As for Dembele, I would say he fits the tag of world-class. He makes it in to at least a top10 list if not top5 ITW in his position.
Nobody like Laudrup, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Xavi, Ronaldinho, Suarez, Messi, Eto'o, Villa etc.

Top 10-15 players in the world.

serghei

Our best bet is that the likes of Pedri and Gavi explode in the next 1-2 years, but Gavi had a mediocre season and Pedri gets constantly injured. Both have a lot of work to do still to get to a top class level.

JamDav1982

Pedri and FDJ would get in any team in the world near enough.

Lewa wouldnt.

Araujo wouldnt be far off that.

MATS was arguably best player in league last season and easily best keeper and one of it not best in world.

As usual Barca players get made out to be not much while Real are 'elite across the whole team'... yet Barca beat them by double figures.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
World Class to me is top five to top 10 best players in the position, but it depends on the time as some eras have more World Class players in certain positions than others.

For example RB and LB positions nowadays which is honestly pretty underwhelming overall around Europe.

jamrock

Won't get hate for saying mats is WC these days.

The hate will come for leaving pedri out of any list of WC at Barcelona, he's the only play we have That would make every manager in the game drol.

Right now we only have 2 WC/ will be WC players, excluding The older players.

Pedri & Aruajo and unfortunately both are injury prone, but both have that spark you need to really be WC.

Beyond that a lot of young players with Potential.

I can see where serghei is coming from.

Maybe yamal will add to that list, with roque gavi & Balde in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans