Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Let us assume that the release clause is triggered today. 25m goes to Dembele. He pays 50 % in taxes. That leaves Dembele with around 12.5 after tax.

How would it benefit Dembele if PSG paid more money for him? With the deal above, he’s at least guaranteed 12.5m from Barcelona plus whatever PSG gives him.

Then the question becomes… how would it benefit PSG to pay more money for Dembele tomorrow?
Who is saying it benefits Dembele for PSG to pay more for him?

Messigician

PSG = PissDembélé last year: "Playing for the money? Nowadays, everyone talks about my football, rather than me playing for money. I've always dreamed of playing for Barça and I'm very happy to be fulfilling my dream every day."

Fati_Future_BallonDor

PSG = PissDembélé last year: "Playing for the money? Nowadays, everyone talks about my football, rather than me playing for money. I've always dreamed of playing for Barça and I'm very happy to be fulfilling my dream every day."

Guy is doing a big mistake, with PSG he will struggle to win league1 and in europe they will win nothing

Birdy

Hope clock keeps ticking so that his clause increases.

That said, his contract is out in 2024. 70m might be too much to ask but we should aim to get 50m for him if he wants to leave.

Not really.
Kane will go to Bayern for 120m or so even with 1 year remaining.
If we get anything less than 70-80m for him, we would be the fools of Europe again, like under Barto

JamDav1982

Surely his agent is still getting a fair wedge of any fee Dembélé goes for.

Would guess it is built in for 25m of any fee goes to agent if it is 25m at 50m clause or 100m.

Very unlikely Barca pocket anything close to 50m for Dembélé would be my guess.

delancey

Who is saying it benefits Dembele for PSG to pay more for him?
The rumors are insinuating that Dembele prefers Barcelona to negotiate with PSG instead of PSG paying the release clause today, which guarantees Dembele 12.5m (if rumors are to be believed). That doesn’t make sense for PSG or Dembele.

Why would PSG pay more money for Dembele? Why would Dembele agree to receive less money from Barcelona tomorrow?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The rumors are insinuating that Dembele prefers Barcelona to negotiate with PSG instead of PSG paying the release clause today, which guarantees Dembele 12.5m (if rumors are to be believed). That doesn’t make sense for PSG or Dembele.

Why would PSG pay more money for Dembele? Why would Dembele agree to receive less money from Barcelona tomorrow?

It makes no sense indeed. Perhaps this negotiation talk is just BS. Some did report that the relationship between the two clubs is completely broken and PSG is still working on triggering the clause today.

Hoping they run out of time but won't bank on it.

delancey

It makes no sense indeed. Perhaps this negotiation talk is just BS. Some did report that the relationship between the two clubs is completely broken and PSG is still working on triggering the clause today.

Hoping they run out of time but won't bank on it.
Yup, these rumors lack logic. :lol: Maybe Dembele’s agent is using the rumors of PSG to negotiate a better deal with Barcelona? Otherwise I am obliged to believe that his contract does not have a buyout clause that expires today, guaranteeing Dembele 12.5m net. If it truly did, and the interest by PSG was genuine, it would have been triggered by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans