Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

Looks great and stylistically similar.
Of course long way to reach dembele levels, and if one looks at stats (xA, dribbles, progr. distance) it shows

I would welcome him as a new prospect at RW.
My only worry is that Palace as an EPL club would like to fleece us.
IMO we should not pay more than 40m euros for him

Porque

Lenglet according to reports has agreed with Spurs but it is clubs that cant agree.

Should try and punt him to Spurs with Kessie for 20m odd as a package and be done with it.

Can see Spurs losing interest soon enough though.

Risky move to be too hardline on the Lenglet fee.

You will know Spuds finances better than me. Any chance it is being delayed until the Kane income is in?

JamDav1982

Risky move to be too hardline on the Lenglet fee.

You will know Spuds finances better than me. Any chance it is being delayed until the Kane income is in?

Spurs dont lack income to sign Lenglet. They just know not a big market for him and probably just want him for depth so not hugely bothered if miss out on him. Just a cheap signing if can.

Wouldnt think Kane transfer has any impact at all.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No they sent the letter as have nothing to lose and if Barca offer any negotiation would only entertain it to their own advantage.

You saying 'why did they not just activate clause' makes no sense... why would they?

Numpties though they just 'didnt get it done in time'.

As usual.. wrong.

What do you mean wrong?

If PSG didn't trigger the release clause and they just sent some sort of magical letter with a magical "private clause" which gives PSG more power and better terms than what the release clause would have brought, what is the point of release clauses then? This magic letter renders all the release clauses useless, as the buying club can just send the letter and woala, done!

Anyways, it is pointless to argue at this point since everybody is speculating, nobody seems to know what the terms are, how much Barça is getting paid. The numbers reported range from 25m to 35m to 50m.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
He has his moments when he he's great, but most of the time he is injured or plays like a donkey...

JamDav1982

What do you mean wrong?

If PSG didn't trigger the release clause and they just sent some sort of magical letter with a magical "private clause" which gives PSG more power and better terms than what the release clause would have brought, what is the point of release clauses then? This magic letter renders all the release clauses useless, as the buying club can just send the letter and woala, done!

Anyways, it is pointless to argue at this point since everybody is speculating, nobody seems to know what the terms are, how much Barça is getting paid. The numbers reported range from 25m to 35m to 50m.

Wrong when claimed by anyone that PSG missed the deadline in error.

Why would PSG have inacted the release clause when they can do it another way that could be to their advantage?

Nothing 'magical' about any letter.

What is your point? That the letter doesnt exist or PSG would have been as well just paying release clause? That this 'magical' letter doesnt exist?

Porque

Depends on the contract. If they put a clause in the contract which Lequipe reported then it is valid.

If Lequipe know about it then it was probably leaked to them from Moussa Sissoko and has a high chance of being true.

JamDav1982

Alemany was righ all along. We should have never renewed this idiot.

No he was 100% wrong.

Barca had their best wide player for a season and a half and made 25m+ of a fee from it.

There is no scenario at all it would have been better for him to be sent to stands then left on a free.

Xavi was correct.

Alemany/Laporta with their posturing did nothing but make situation worse.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Wrong when claimed by anyone that PSG missed the deadline in error.

Why would PSG have inacted the release clause when they can do it another way that could be to their advantage?

Nothing 'magical' about any letter.

What is your point? That the letter doesnt exist or PSG would have been as well just paying release clause? That this 'magical' letter doesnt exist?

What is the "another way"? Did they trigger the release clause or not? Are you saying this letter is the first step of triggering the release clause or an entirely different thing? If it is entirely different, I don't get how it is allowed, basically rendering the release clause useless and gives the buying club better terms.

My point is I don't know what this magical letter with a "private clause" is, and in your opinion it brings PSG no less than what the release clause would have brought and it makes no sense to me.

JamDav1982

What is the "another way"? Did they trigger the release clause or not? Are you saying this letter is the first step of triggering the release clause or an entirely different thing? If it is entirely different, I don't get how it is allowed, basically rendering the release clause useless and gives the buying club better terms.

My point is I don't know what this magical letter with a "private clause" is, and in your opinion it brings PSG no less than what the release clause would have brought and it makes no sense to me.

They did not trigger his release clause with league but by letter to Barca which is in writing in his contract can be done.

It is all fairly simple really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans