Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

You are cluless as usual.

Wanted Dembele gone for free and were mouthing off about PSG 'missing deadline' yesterday when told was not the case.

Usual clueless Birdy.

I was right to want him gone for free last summer, the final outcome vindicated my take not yours

JamDav1982

So you are saying this "private clause" in Dembele's contract gives PSG two options, either buying him for the 50m which is set by the release clause, or for a different price Barça and PSG agree upon? If so, then this clause is giving PSG more power, because they could say, no, we don't want to buy him for 50m, we want to buy him for 40m instead. And Barça had to agree. It is dumbfounding.

Which would be the ONLY reason why PSG decided not to trigger the release clause.

Its not that difficult what has been said.

JamDav1982

I was right to want him gone for free last summer, the final outcome vindicated my take not yours

Nope you were 100% wrong as per usual.

Now moaning not getting enough for him.

Usual.

Keep moaning about fee for player you wanted gone for free.

Suits you.

Birdy

So you are saying this "private clause" in Dembele's contract gives PSG two options, either buying him for the 50m which is set by the release clause, or for a different price Barça and PSG agree upon? If so, then this clause is giving PSG more power, because they could say, no, we don't want to buy him for 50m, we want to buy him for 40m instead. And Barça had to agree. It is dumbfounding.

Which would be the ONLY reason why PSG decided not to trigger the release clause.
there is no reason in speculating.
Read the leak i posted above.
It explains things better
and there will be more leaks confirming the monstrosity that Allemany and Laporta signed with Sissoko last summer

JamDav1982

and there will be more leaks confirming the monstrosity that Allemany and Laporta signed with Sissoko last summer

There is no 'leak' that explains anything.

You were wrong on Dembele last year. Called it wrong again yesterday and wrong today.

Usual.

Birdy

Nope you were 100% wrong as per usual.

Now moaning not getting enough for him.

Usual.

Keep moaning about fee for player you wanted gone for free.

Suits you.

Of course it's not enough money for him

I didn't want him gone for his performances, but for his (and mainly his agent's) attitude

Apparently Laporta and Allemany gave in to Sissoko with an outrageous contract that we only now find out

Porque

To be fair the deal isn't that bad. We are getting something from a player who expired and lost for free last summer.

By reports the SD didn't want him (Alemany) and this was an explicit request of the manager. So we negotiated what we could from a bad situation to re-sign the player for a year and try to rego now.

Now Dembele has a renewal offer inferior to what he can get elsewhere and has requested to leave.

It could have been handled better as Jammy said, but it also could have ended alot worse.

Anyways, anybody claiming it's a horrible deal sit back and watch what PSG are going to get for Mbappe.

They are going to not accept anything and hope that he changes his mind after a few months of no football and the LE project kicking in with a few of his mates on board.

JamDav1982

Of course it's not enough money for him

I didn't want him gone for his performances, but for his (and mainly his agent's) attitude

Apparently Laporta and Allemany gave in to Sissoko with an outrageous contract that we only now find out

But aye... should have sent him to stands and let him go for free.

That would have been better than a season and a half of best wide player then 25m+ at end of it....

Birdy

To be fair the deal isn't that bad. We are getting something from a player who expired and lost for free last summer.

By reports the SD didn't want him (Alemany) and this was an explicit request of the manager. So we negotiated what we could from a bad situation to re-sign the player for a year and try to rego now.

Now Dembele has a renewal offer inferior to what he can get elsewhere and has requested to leave.

It could have been handled better as Jammy said, but it also could have ended alot worse.

Don't think so.
Last summer, after a tiring saga, we had no agreement.
At the end Sissoko didn't manage to bring the offers he wanted from elsewhere, and accepted to take the Barca offer with the paycut.

Why on earth anyone (Allemany in this case) would include such ridiculous clauses in that contract giving so much leverage to the player and buying club side
GIVEN that he had no other option at the moment?

These people are fully incompetent.
If you take an 101 course in Negotiations, you know that you don't give leverage to the other side when the momentum is yours

JamDav1982

Anyways, anybody claiming it's a horrible deal sit back and watch what PSG are going to get for Mbappe.

They are going to not accept anything and hope that he changes his mind after a few months of no football and the LE project kicking in with a few of his mates on board.

Alemany did want him.. they tried to keep him.

Alemany didnt like that the agent went back on agreed contract and scuppered his plans in January 2021.

But that situation was on the club and how badly Laporta handled it at that time. He spoke far too much and it backfired.

The agent was playing same games the club were and club couldnt handle it.

Only they can speak shite, trash players and try to bully them it seems.

Raketa10

We're subject of ridicule. Losing one of our best players for discount price.

Should have resolved his contract situation. What did they expect?
Few days ago you said you were happy he is leaving so why are you bitter now? IMHO if Dembele leaving is a BIG problem for Barca than we have became a joke of a club. This guy brought nothing to this club. During the years some seriously big names (Maradona, Figo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Neymar, Messi etc.) left the club and the club survived and sometimes even got better with time. With that in mind losing a player like Dumbele should not be a serious problem for this club. I'd rather say; thank you for nothing Dembele and go f... yourself. :)

FCMessi

1 more year of service plus 25+ m for OD seems better than walking for free last year.

Not after considering the opportunities missed such as Chukwueze.

Could have gone full board on Guler too if Barca had known OD leaving much sooner.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

If what was reported is true, then yes, this club is officially club lunatics. From Bartomeu to Laporta, kowtowing to players is a club trait.

JamDav1982

If what was reported is true, then yes, this club is officially club lunatics. From Bartomeu to Laporta, kowtowing to players is a club trait.

Not when alternative is he leaves for free if they would not pay him the big wages he wanted.

In that situation the worst scenario is he leaves for free and the compromise for low buy out in a year is beneficial at that time.

Birdy

But aye... should have sent him to stands and let him go for free.

That would have been better than a season and a half of best wide player then 25m+ at end of it....

You are a total idiot and a beggar in heart
"give us at least 25m, please, we are poor"

No club that RESPECTS itself sustains this embarrassment

Yes, stands, and then let's see WHERE and FOR HOW MUCH he would be able to play
Because he didn't get the offers he wanted even after a tremendous Spring 2022 showing.
Only an idiot would think he could have found better offers than the Barca reduced contract had he stayed in the stands.
1 more year of service plus 25+ m for OD seems better than walking for free last year.

Not after considering the opportunities missed such as Chukwueze.

Could have gone full board on Guler too if Barca had known OD leaving much sooner.

Chukqueze and others.
Long-term planning could have identified replacement much earlier.

It's all on Allemany for giving them leverage they shouldn't have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans