Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temptation

Fati - Lewandowski - Raphinha/Ferran, realistically.
Sounds awful. Don't rate Fati anymore. Ferran is dross. Raphinha decent but not Barca level.

You guys would be better playing many midfielders like the Spain 2012 team and keeping the attack narrow with proper chance creation and penetration through the middle(pun not Intended).

The width can be provided by Balde bombing forward obviously.

Felt Barca lacked proper chance creation through the centre last season and Xavi insisted on the random crossing wing play more.

CatalinR10

Thanks for the memories chief !!!

F2UKU2xXMAEzhRI
EIJeI4jX0AAf4ZN

JamDav1982

Fati was good towards end of season but more likely it is the four mids again and Pedri/Gavi LW/AM.

If they get Cancelo could even be some kind of 3-6-1 formation at times with the four mids and Balde/Cancelo wide.

mesiesta

I will be happy to see him go. He is the most frustrating player I've seen playing for Barca.

What do you want the starting front 3 to be next season realistically?
There will be no front 3, there will be front 2.
I think Xavi is going to use front 3 only in few Copa matches and La Liga matches with relegation sides.
Most of the time it will be midfield 4 + front 2.

Temptation

I will be happy to see him go. He is the most frustrating player I've seen for Barca

There will be no front 3, there will be front 2.
I think Xavi is going to use front 3 only in few Copa matches and La Liga matches with relegation sides.
Most of the time it will be midfield 4 + front 2.

Well yeah that makes sense. You guys have great mids.

Which 4 mids would you start and in what positions? What's your take on the starting midfield for the coming season?

JamDav1982

Which 4 mids would you start and in what positions? What's your take on the starting midfield for the coming season?

Think Gavi will start Romeu majority of games particularly against better teams.

As of now would probably be the mid four against Real.

Romeu/FDJ/Gundogan/Pedri.

mesiesta

I see FDJ, Gundogan, Pedri and Gavi to be the main midfield options in the most important matches, unless any of them will be injured.
Oriol Romeu is going to play a lot too in order to move FDJ to CM in some games.
Roberto will be the wild card in case someone gets injured.
Maybe Xavi will use Fermin Lopez too in some games with weak opposition too (but he can still get loaned, let's see).

Temptation

Think Gavi will start Romeu majority of games particularly against better teams.

As of now would probably be the mid four against Real.

Romeu/FDJ/Gundogan/Pedri.
You mean Xavi will.....

I'd think a diamond with FDJ at the base, Gavi and Pedri as 8's and Gundogan as a 10 would be the best.

Gundogan has great instincts in the final third and can play a more goalscoring role that way.

He also has great chemistry with Lewandowski so that can help. Can almost play a pseudo Muller role. Good at pressing too.

JamDav1982

Dont think FDJ will play DM all that much.

Would guess it will be Romeu and even Gundogan at times.

FDJ is crucial to way Barca play in that B2B role from left and helping build up from back and the legt hand side of Balde and the AM cover.

JamDav1982

You mean Xavi will.....

I'd think a diamond with FDJ at the base, Gavi and Pedri as 8's and Gundogan as a 10 would be the best.

Gundogan has great instincts in the final third and can play a more goalscoring role that way.

He also has great chemistry with Lewandowski so that can help. Can almost play a pseudo Muller role. Good at pressing too.

Dont agree.

Think it will be similar to last season if there is the four and not changed to a diamond.

FDJ at base of a diamond is a waste.

Gundogan likely be most attacking mid and supporting Lewa/runs into box.

Temptation

Dont agree.

Think it will be similar to last season if there is the four and not changed to a diamond.

FDJ at base of a diamond is a waste.

Gundogan likely be most attacking mid and supporting Lewa/runs into box.

FDJ's best position is in a double pivot alongside a combative physical midfielder.

Doubt Barca's formation will allow that role.

So in these circumstances the closest role would be as a 6 in that energetic midfield diamond. Pedri and Gavi can't play as a 6 and Romeu isn't Barca level.

Frankly, FDJ doesn't fit in Xavi's plans. Always seems like he's an extra.

Although I rate him higher than the 2 young starters.

wisconsincule

Dont think FDJ will play DM all that much.

Would guess it will be Romeu and even Gundogan at times.

FDJ is crucial to way Barca play in that B2B role from left and helping build up from back and the legt hand side of Balde and the AM cover.
Yep… this is exactly as I see it

JamDav1982

FDJ's best position is in a double pivot alongside a combative physical midfielder.

Doubt Barca's formation will allow that role.

So in these circumstances the closest role would be as a 6 in that energetic midfield diamond. Pedri and Gavi can't play as a 6 and Romeu isn't Barca level.

Frankly, FDJ doesn't fit in Xavi's plans. Always seems like he's an extra.

Although I rate him higher than the 2 young starters.

FDJ was absolutely central to Barca last season.

Lets see but I think he will play same role again this and his passing into final third was getting better and better as season went on also.

Xavi I am certain decided there was not enough quality from out wide and started to use FDJ and Pedri to put balls in from narrowe chanels.

FDJ could have easily had double digit assists from those balls into box if players could finish better.

Could be wrong but I think could see Gundo at 6 at times more so than FDJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans